- Volume 25 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Design of a Three-Axis Force Sensor for Finger Force Measuring System
손가락 힘측정장치의 3축 힘센서 설계
- Lee, Kyeong-Jun (Department of Control & Instrumentation Engineering, ERI, Gyeongsang National Unversity) ;
- Kim, Gab-Soon (Department of Control & Instrumentation Engineering, ERI, Gyeongsang National Unversity)
- Received : 2015.11.01
- Accepted : 2016.01.19
- Published : 2016.03.31
This paper describes the design and fabrication of a three-axis force sensor with three parallel plate structures(PPSs) for measuring force in a finger force measuring system for a spherical object catch. The three-axis force sensor is composed of a Fx force sensor, Fy force sensor and a Fz force sensor, and the elements of Fx force sensor and Fy force sensor are a parallel plate structure(PPS) respectively and Fz force sensor is two PPS. The three-axis force sensor was designed using FEM(Finite Element Method), and manufactured using strain-gages. The characteristics test of the three-axis force sensor was carried out. As a test results, the interference error of the three-axis force sensor was less than 1.32%, the repeatability error of each sensor was less than 0.04%, and the non-linearity was less than 0.04%.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- H.M Kim, G.S. Kim, "Judgment method of the rehabilitation extent using a spherical type digital finger force measuring system", Korean Society Precision Engineering, Vol. 31, No. 8, pp. 729-735, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2014.31.8.729
- G.S. Kim, "Development of a hook-ype finger force measuring system with force sensors", Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 663-668, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.13.1978
- G.S. Kim, "Quantitative Evaluation of rehabilitation therapy based on a two-finger force measurement system", Journal of Sensor Science and Technology, Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 357-361, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5369/JSST.2014.23.6.357
- G.S. Kim, "Development of finger-force measuring system of a cylindrical-type", Journal of Sensor Science and Technology, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp.349-355, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5369/JSST.2010.19.5.349
- G.S. Kim, "Development of cylindrical-type finger force measuring system using two-axis force/moment sensor and its characteristic evaluation", Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp.484-489, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2011.17.5.484
- L. Pan, A. Song, G. Xu, H. Li, H. Zeng and B. Xu, "Safety supervisory strategy for an upper-limb rehabilitation robot based on impedance control", Int. J. Adv. Robot. Syst., Vol. 10, pp. 1-12, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5772/52938
- P. R. Culmer, A. E. Jackson, S. Makower, R. Richardson, J. A. Cozens, M. C. Levesley, and B. B. Bhakta, "A control strategy for upper limb robotic rehabilitation with a dual robot system", IEEE-ASME Trans. Mechatron., Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 575-585, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2009.2030796
- H. C. Kim, L. M. Miller, I. Fedulow, M. Simkins, G. M. Abrams, N. Byl, and J. Rosen, "Kinematic data analysis for post-stroke patients following bilateral versus unilateral rehabilitation with an upper limb wearable robotic system", IEEE Trans. Neural Syst. Rehabil. Eng., Vol. 21, No. 2, 2013.
- C. Li, Y. Inoue, T. Liu, K. Shibata and K. Oka, "A self-controlled robot for upper limb rehabilitation", Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation(ICIA), pp. 115-118, 2010. June 20-23, Harbin, China
- K. Nagai, Y. Ito, M. Yazaki, K. Higuchi and S. Abe, "Development of a small Six-component force/torque sensor based on the double-cross structure", Adv. Robot., Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 361-369, 2004.
- ATI Industrial Automation, "Multi-axis force/torque sensor", ATI Industrial Automation, pp. 4-45, 2005.
- G. S. Kim and J. W. Yoon, "Development of calibration system for multi-axis force/moment sensor and its uncertainty evaluation", Int. J. Precis. Eng. Mannt., Vol. 24, No. 10, pp. 91-98, 2007.