- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
GUIDANCE LAW FOR IMPACT TIME AND ANGLE CONTROL WITH CONTROL COMMAND RESHAPING
- LEE, JIN-IK (DEPARTMENT OF THE 1ST R&D INSTITUTE, AGENCY FOR DEFENSE DEVELOPMENT)
- Received : 2015.08.08
- Accepted : 2015.08.24
- Published : 2015.09.25
In this article, a more generalized form of the impact time and angle control guidance law is proposed based on the linear quadratic optimal control methodology. For the purpose on controlling an additional constraint such as the impact time, we introduce an additional state variable that is defined to be the jerk (acceleration rate). Additionally, in order to provide an additional degree of freedom in choosing the guidance gains, the performance index that minimizes the control energy weighted by an arbitrary order of time-to-go is considered in this work. First, the generalized form of the impact angle control guidance law with an additional term which is used for the impact time control is derived. And then, we also determine the additional term in order to achieve the desired impact time. Through numbers of numerical simulations, we investigate the superiority of the proposed guidance law compared to previous guidance laws. In addition, a salvo attack scenario with multiple missile systems is also demonstrated.
- A. E. Bryson and Y. C. Ho, Applied Optimal Control. New York: Halsted Press Book, 1975.
- P. Zarchan, Tactical and Strategic Missile Guidance (3rd ed.). Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautics, AIAA, 1997, 11-29.
- M. Kim and K. V. Grider, Terminal guidance for impact attitude angle constrained flight trajectories, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 9(6) (1973), 852-859.
- B. S. Kim, J. G. Lee, and S. H. Han, Biased PNG law for impact with angular constraint, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 34(1) (1998), 277-288. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.640285
- C. K. Ryoo, H. J. Cho, and M. J. Tahk, Optimal guidance laws with terminal impact angle constraint, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 28(4) (2005), 724-732. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.8392
- C. K. Ryoo, H. H. Cho, and M. J. Tahk, Time-to-go weighted optimal guidance with impact angle constraints, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 14(2) (2006), 483-492. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2006.872525
- Y. H. Kim, C. K. Ryoo, and M. J. Tahk, Guidance synthesis for evasive maneuver of anti-ship missiles against close-in weapon systems, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 46(3) (2010), 1376-1388. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2010.5545195
- I. S. Jeon, J. I. Lee, and M. J. Tahk, Impact-time-control guidance law for anti-ship missiles, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 14(2) (2006), 260-266. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2005.863655
- J. I. Lee, I. S. Jeon, and M. J. Tahk, Guidance Law to Control Impact Time and Control, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 43(1) (2007), 301-310. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2007.357135
- I. S. Jeon, J. I. Lee, and M. J. Tahk, Homing guidance law for cooperative attack of multiple missiles against a single target, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 33(1) (2010), 275-280. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.40136
- D. G. Hull, J. J. Radke, and R. E. Mack, Time-to-go prediction for homing missiles based on minimum-time intercepts, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 14(5) (1991), 865-871. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.20725
- M. J. Tahk, C. K. Ryoo, and H. Cho, Recursive time-to-go estimation for homing guidance missiles, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 38(1) (2002), 13-24. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.993225