- Volume 19 Issue 3
In this paper, an optimal guidance law with terminal angle constraint considering the seeker's lock-on condition, in which the target is located within the field-of-view (FOV) and detection range limits at the end of the midcourse phase, is proposed. The optimal solution is obtained by solving an optimal control problem minimizing the energy cost function weighted by a power of range-to-go subject to the terminal constraints, which can shape the guidance commands and the missile trajectories adjusting guidance gains of the weighting function. The proposed guidance law can be applied to both of the midcourse and terminal phases by setting the desired relative range and look angle to the final interception conditions. The performance of the proposed guidance law is analyzed through nonlinear simulations for various engagement conditions.
- M. Kim and K. V. Grider, Terminal Guidance for Impact Attitude Angle Constrained Flight Trajectories, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 9(6) (1973), 852-859.
- A. E. Bryson Jr. and Y.-C. Ho, Applied Optimal Control, New York: Wiley, 1975.
- T. L. Song, S. J. Shin, and H. Cho, Impact Angle Control for Planar Engagements, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 35(4) (1999), 1439-1444. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.805460
- C. K. Ryoo, H. Cho, and M. J. Tahk, Optimal Guidance Laws with Terminal Impact Angle Constraint, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 28(4) (2005), 724-732. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.8392
- C. K. Ryoo, H. Cho, and M. J. Tahk, Time-to-GoWeighted Optimal Guidance with Impact Angle Constraints, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 14(3) (2006), 483-492. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2006.872525
- A. Ratnoo and D. Ghose, State-Dependent Riccati-Equation-Based Guidance Law for Impact-Angle- Constrained Trajectories, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 32(1) (2009), 320-325. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.37876
- Y. I. Lee, S. H. Kim, and M. J. Tahk, Optimality of Linear Time-Varying Guidance for Impact Angle Control, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 48(3) (2012), 2802-2817. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2012.6324662
- B. S. Kim, J. G. Lee, and H. S. Han, Biased PNG law for Impact with Angular Constraint, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electric Systems, 34(1) (1998), 277-288. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.640285
- I. R. Manchester and A. V. Savkin, Circular-Navigation-Guidance Law for Precision Missile/Target Engagements, Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics, 29(2) (2006), 314-320. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.13275
- A. Ratnoo and D. Ghose, Impact Angle Constrained Interception of Stationary Targets, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 31(6) (2008), 1816-1821.
- A. Ratnoo and D. Ghose, Impact Angle Constrained Guidance Against Nonstationary Nonmaneuvering Targets, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 32(1) (2010), 269-275.
- K. S. Erer and O. Merttop?uo?lu, Indirect Impact-Angle-Control Against Stationary Targets Using Biased Pure Proportional Navigation, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 35(2) (2012), 700-703. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.52105
- I. H. Whang, Target Pointing Guidance using Optimal Control, (in Korean), The Transactions of The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, 48A(7) (1999), 881-888.
- I. S. Jeon and J. I Lee, Guidance Law to Reach Circular Target Area With Grazing Angle Constraint, (in Korean), Journal of The Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 36(9) (2008), 884-890.