- Volume 19 Issue 3
Two major simultaneous attack strategies have been introduced, as one of cooperative attack of multiple missiles. One strategy is an undesignated time attack, in which the missiles communicate among themselves to synchronize the arrival times by reducing the mutual differences of times-to-go of multiple missiles during the homing. The other is a designated time attack, in which a common impact time is commanded to all members in advance, and thereafter each missile tries to home on the target on time independently. For this individual homing, Impact-Time-Control Guidance (ITCG) law is required. After introducing cooperative proportional navigation (CPN) for the first strategy, this article presents a new closed-form ITCG guidance solution for the second strategy. It is based on the linear formulation, employing base trajectories driven by PNG with various navigation constants. Nonlinear simulation of several engagement situations demonstrates the performance and feasibility of the proposed ITCG law.
- I. S. Jeon, J. I. Lee, and M. J. Tahk, Impact-Time-Control Guidance Law for anti-ship Missiles, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 14(2) (2006), 260-266. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2005.863655
- I. S. Jeon, J. I. Lee, and M. J. Tahk, Guidance Law Using Augmented Trajectory-Reshaping Command for Salvo Attack of Multiple Missiles, UKACC International Control Conference 2006 [CDROM], Glasgow, Scotland, U.K., 2006.
- D. G. Hull, J. J. Radke, and R. E. Mack, Time-to-Go Prediction for Homing Missiles Based on Minimum-Time Intercepts, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 14(5) (1991), 865-871. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.20725
- M. J. Tahk, C. K. Ryoo, and H. J. Cho, Recursive Time-to-Go Estimation for Homing Guidance Missiles, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 38(1) (2002), 13-24. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.993225
- J. A. Ben-Asher and I. Yaesh, Optimal Guidance with Reduced Sensitivity to Time-to-Go Estimation Errors, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 20(1) (1997), 158-163. https://doi.org/10.2514/2.4010
- K. B. Kim, M. J. Kim, and W. H. Kwon, Receding Horizon Guidance Laws with No Information on the Time-to-Go, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 23(2) (2000), 193-199. https://doi.org/10.2514/2.4518
- N. Dhananjay and D. Ghose, Time-to-go Estimation for Proportional Navigation Guidance, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 37(4) (2014), 1378-1383. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.G000082
- P. Zarchan, Tactical and Strategic Missile Guidance, 157(1994), Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautics, AIAA, Reston, VA.
- E. Kreindler, Optimality of Proportional Navigation, AIAA Journal, 2(6) (1973), 878-880.
- A. E. Jr. Bryson and Y. C. Ho, Applied Optimal Control, Halsted Press, New York, (1975).
- Y. Ulybyshev, Terminal Guidance Law Based on Proportional Navigation, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 28(4) (2005), 821-824. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.12545
- U. S. Shukla and P. R. Mahapatra, Optimization of Biased Proportional Navigation, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 25(1) (1989), 73-80. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.18663
- B. S. Kim, J. G. Lee, and S. H. Han, Biased PNG Law for Impact with Angular Constraint, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 34(1) (1998), 277-288. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.640285
- I. S. Jeon, J. I. Lee, and M. J. Tahk, Homing Guidance Law for Cooperative Attack of Multiple Missiles, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 33(1) (2010), 275-280. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.40136
- J. I. Lee, I. S. Jeon, and M. J. Tahk, Guidance Law to Control Impact Time and Angle, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 43(1) (2007), 301-310. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2007.357135
- N. Harl and S. N. Balakrishnan, Impact Time and Angle Guidance with Sliding Mode Control, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 20(6) (2012), 1436-1449. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2011.2169795
- B. Jung and Y. Kim, Guidance Laws for Anti-Ship Missiles Using Impact Angle and Impact Time, AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference and Exhibit, Keystone, Colorado, 21-24, 2006.
- Efficient information-based cooperative guidance law of multi-missiles pp.1477-0369, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1177/0142331218806961