- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect of Addition of Enzyme-Resistant Rice RS3 on Quality and Textural Characteristics of Madeleine
효소저항성 쌀전분의 첨가가 마들렌의 품질 및 텍스처 특성에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Wan-Soo (Dept. of Culinary Science, Honam University)
- 김완수 (호남대학교 조리과학과)
- Received : 2009.12.31
- Accepted : 2010.01.12
- Published : 2010.02.28
This study attempted to examine the application of retrograded starch (RS3) isolated from rice flour into Madeleine which is easy to make, supply enough energy and micro nutrients with adequate drinks, and prevent an adult disease. This could be a popular food to anyone regardless of age and gender who avoid rice and become high value-added, processed rice foods. For this, control Madeleine was made from wheat flour and an experimental one was made from 5 or 10% rice RS3 addition as well as wheat flour. Four different types of rice were produced from Premium Ho-Pyong Rice, that is, dry milled rice flour(RFD), soaked for 8 hours and milled, followed by air-dried rice flour(RFW), rice starch(RST), and retrograded rice starch or enzyme-resistant starch(RS3). The results found were as follows: Proximate compositions were decreased with soaking to make RFW, RST and RS3, compared to RFD. RS3 had the highest L, +a and
Supported by : 호남대학교
- 금준석, 이상효, 이현유, 김길환, 김영인. (1993). 제분방법이 쌀가루 및 제품의 특성에 미치는 영향. 한국식품과학회지, 25(5), 546-551.
- 김완수. (2005). 쌀의 저장기간에 따른 쌀가루와 생전분의 특성. 한국생활과학회지, 14(6), 1037-1046.
- 김완수, 신말식. (2007). 수침과 건조조건을 달리하여 만든 찹쌀가루와 멥쌀가루의 특성. 한국식품조리과학회지, 23(6), 908-918.
- 문세훈, 신말식. (2000). 기능성 소재인 효소저항전분을 이용한 국수의 품질 특성. 한국식품과학회지, 32(2), 328-334.
- 송지영, 이신경, 신말식. (2000). RS-3 형태의 저항전분 첨가가 제빵 및 빵의 품질에 미치는 영향. 한국조리과학회지, 16(2), 188-196.
- 이현주. (2005). 저항전분과 비전분성 다당류를 첨가한 프렌치브레드의 품질특성. 전남대학교 박사학위논문.
- 정경임, 신은수, 김상애. (2008). 포도씨유를 사용한 머핀의 품질특성. 한국식품조리과학회지, 24(4), 473-479.
- 정해정. (2006). 유청농축분말을 첨가한 저지방 머핀의 품질 특성. 한국식품조리과학회지, 22(6), 890-897.
- 통계청 양곡소비량 조사. (2009, 1. 29). 주요농산물 1인당 소비량 추이, 통계청, 자료 검색일 2009, 10. 6. 자료출처 http://index.go.kr/egams/stts/jsp/potal/stts/PO_STTS_IdxMain.jsp?idx_cd=2747&bbs=INDX_001& clas_div=C&rootKey=1.48.0
- American Association of Cereal Chemistis (1999). Approved Methods of Analysis, 61-02 (11th ed). St. Paul: AACC.
- Association of Official Analytical Chemists (1995). Official Methods of Analysis, 945.15, 945.16, 945.18, (16th. ed), Washington D.C.: AOAC
- Bean, M. M., & Setser, C. S. (1992). Food Theory and Applications(2nd. ed). New York: Macmillans Inc.
- Berry, C. S., I'Anson, K. J., Miles, M. J., Morris, V. J., & Russel, P. L. (1988). Physical-chemical characterization of resistant starch from wheat. Journal of Cereal Science, 8(2), 203-206. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0733-5210(88)80030-4
- Brouns, F, Kettlitz, B., & Arrigoni, E. (2002). Resistant starch and "the butyrate revolution". Trends in Food Science & Technology, 13(8), 251-261. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-2244(02)00131-0
- Brumovsky, J. O., & Thompson, D. B. (2001). Production of boiling-stable granular resistant starch by partial acid hydrolysis and hydrothermal treatments of high-amylose maize starch. Cereal Chemistry, 78(6), 680-689. https://doi.org/10.1094/CCHEM.2001.78.6.680
- Charalampopoulos, D., Wang, R., Pandiella, S. S., & Webb, C. (2002). Applications of cereals and cereal components in functional foods: A review. International Journal of Food Microbioology, 79(1), 131-141. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-1605(02)00187-3
- Chiang, P. Y., & Yeh, A. I. (2002). Effect of soaking on wet-milling of rice. Journal of Cereal Science, 35(1), 85-94. https://doi.org/10.1006/jcrs.2001.0419
- de Deckere, E. A. M., Kloots, W. J., & van Amelsvoort, J. M. M. (1995). Both raw and retrograded starch decrease serum triacylglycerol concentration and fat accretion in the rat. British Journal of Nutrition, 73(2), 287-298. https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN19950030
- Dyssler, P., & Hoftem, D. (1995). Estimation of Resistant Starch Intake in Europe. Rome: FAO
- Eerlingen, R. C., Van Den Broeck, L., Delcour, J. A., Slade, L. & Levine, H. (1994). Enzyme-resistant starch. VI. Influence of sugars on resistant starch formation. Cereal Chemistry, 71(5), 472-476.
- Englyst, H. N., Wiggins, H. S., & Cummngs, J. H. (1982). Determination of the non-starch polysaccharides in plant foods by gas-liquid chromatography of constituent sugars as alditol acetates. Analyst, 107(1272), 307-318. https://doi.org/10.1039/an9820700307
- Englyst, H. N, Kingman, S. M., & Cummngs, J. H. (1992). Classification and measurement of nutritionally important resistant starch fractions. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 46(Su 2), S33-S50.
- Hunter, R. S. (1975). The Measurement of Appearance. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Juliano, B. O. (1985). Rice Chemistry and Technology (2nd. ed). St. Paul: AACC.
- Li, J.-Y., & Yeh, A.-I. (2001) Relationships between thermal, rheological characteristics and swelling power for various starches. Journal of Food Engineering, 50(3), 141-148. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0260-8774(00)00236-3
- Lin, P.-Y., Czuchajowska, A., & Pomeranz, Y. (1994). Enzyme-resistant starch in yellow layer cake. Cereal Chemistry, 71(1), 69-75.
- Luh, B. S. (1991). Rice(Vol.Ⅱ). Utilization(2nd. ed). New York: AVI.
- Sajilata, M. G., Singhal, R. S., & Kulkarni, P. R. (2006). Resistant starch - A review. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, 5(1), 1-17. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1541-4337.2006.tb00076.x
- Sandhya Rani, M. R., & Bhattacharya, K. R. (1995). Microscopy of rice starch granules during cooking. Starch/Stärke, 47(9), 334-337. https://doi.org/10.1002/star.19950470903
- Schoch, T. J., & Leach, W. (1964). Methods in Carbohydrate Chemistry (vol II), New York: Academic Press.
- Sowbhagya, C. M., Ramesh, B. S., & Ali, S. Z. (1994) Hydration, swelling, and solubility behavior of rice in relation to other physicochemical properties. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 64(1), 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.2740640102
- Szczodrak, J., & Pomeranz, Y. (1992). Starch-lipid interactions and formation of resistant starch on high-amylose barley. Cereal Chemistry, 69(6), 626-632.
- Yamamoto, K., Sawada, S., & Onogaki, T. (1993). Properties of rice starch prepared by alkali method with various conditions. Denpun Kagaku, 4(2), 285-289.
- Zoulias, E. I., Oreopoulou, V., & Tzia, C. (2002). Textural properties of low-fat cookies containing carbohydrate - or protein-based fat replacers. Journal of Food Engineering, 55(4), 337-342. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0260-8774(02)00111-5
- Quality Characteristics of Madeleine with Peach(Prunus persica L. Batsch) Juice vol.25, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2012.25.3.664
- Development of Squash Sikhye Added with Retrograded Rice Flour Containing Resistant Starch Using Response Surface Methodology and Quality Comparison with Commercial Beverages vol.30, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2014.30.2.129
- Antioxidative Activity and Quality Characteristics of Rice Madeleine Added with Pine Needle Powder and Extract vol.43, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.3.446
- Effects of Oyster Mushroom on Quality of Sulgidduk and Gyeongdan vol.41, pp.9, 2012, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.9.1294
- Quality Characteristics of Madeleine Added with Lentil (Lens culinaris) Powder vol.45, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2016.45.12.1816