- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Airport Emergency Plans in Korea and Japan and Survey of Emergency Response of Airline Employees at Check-in Counter
한·일 공항비상계획 비교 및 체크인카운터의 항공사 직원 비상대응 실태조사
- Kwon, Kyum (Department of Disaster and Safely Management, Soongsil University) ;
- Kwon, Byung Hwa (Department of Disaster and Safely Management, Soongsil University) ;
- Cheung, ChongSoo (Department of Disaster and Safely Management, Soongsil University)
- 권겸 (숭실대학교 재난안전관리학과) ;
- 권병화 (숭실대학교 재난안전관리학과) ;
- 정종수 (숭실대학교 재난안전관리학과)
- Received : 2020.04.13
- Accepted : 2020.06.18
- Published : 2020.06.30
This study is a basic study to improve responsiveness in the event of a disaster in the landside area of the Airport Passenger Terminal, and it investigated the airport emergency plan and the status of emergency response in the event of a disaster by the airline's ground staff. The Airport Emergency Plan examined the airport evacuation plan of Korea's Gimpo Airport and Japan's Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport, confirming that the domestic airport emergency plan was not specific. In addition, a survey of 100 airline ground employees working at check-in counters found that 69% of the respondents were unaware of their role in disaster situations, 90% were not educated in emergency response and 98% were not trained in disaster training in landside areas. Cross-analysis confirmed significant results in the safety of the airport where the service life worked and whether it was a role in the event of a disaster. Therefore, it is suggested that the airport emergency response plan should be improved to improve the ability to respond to disaster sites in the landside area of the airport passenger terminal and that the airline's ground staff should be educated and trained to enhance disaster response.
- An, T. W. (2010). A Study on the Improved Practice of a Safety Educational System for Construction Projects. Master's Thesis. Gyeongsang National University.
- Aviation Wire. Disaster drills at Haneda Airport, assuming three earthquakes directly below the capital Rescue at High altitude for the first time. https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/156493 (accessed 26. Sep. 2018.).
- Cheung, C. S. (2012). A Study on an Effective Countermeasure for Certification of Development of Disaster Management International Standards-Focus on ISO 22301 and Top Company Certification System in the Reduction Law-. Journal of Korean Society of Societal Security. 5(1): 49-56.
- Choi, Y. R. (2002). A Study on Job-satisfaction of HRD(Human Resource Development) Manager : The Case of Service Manner Instructor in Korea. Master's Thesis. Kyung Hee University.
- Choi, Y. J., Koo, W. H., and Baek, M. H. (2017). A Study on the Consciousness Survey and Comparison for Disaster Safety between Urban and Rural Areas. Journal of the Korean Society of Disaster Information. 13(3): 388-397. https://doi.org/10.15683/kosdi.2017.09.30.388
- Federal Aviation Administration (1988). Planning and Design Guidelines for Airport Terminal Facilities. United States of America: Federal Aviation Administration.
- Framework Act on The management of Disaster and Safety (2019). Enforcement Date 3. Dec. 2019. Act No.16666.
- Han, C. O. (2016). Analysis and Case Study for Disaster Management on Business Continuity Plan. Master's Thesis. Mokwon University.
- Hong, S. T. and Lee, Y. K. (2019). The Current Situation and Growth Strategy of Multi-Airport System-Focused on Strategic Development through the Analysis of East-asia MAS-. Journal of the Aviation Management Society of Korea. 17(3): 3-22. https://doi.org/10.30529/amsok.2019.17.3.001
- Japan Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2016). Respond to Earthquakes and Tsunamis at Airports Evacuation and Early Recovery Plans Model. Japan: Japan Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport.
- Japan Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2019). Be Prepared for the Disaster-Prone Age! Change to "Enterprise Disaster Management" at Airports. Japan: Japan Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport.
- J-cast. Grand Staff Members Who Leave Their Guests Behind and Run Away, Video of Narita Airport during the Great East Japan Earthquake is Being Made Public. https://www.j-cast.com/2011/06/22099230.html?p=all (accessed 22. Jun. 2011.).
- Kim, D. J., Kim, D. H., and Lee, D. W. (2019). A Study on the Effects of Disaster Response Exercise on Exercise Participants (Focused on Manufacturing Company Exercise Cases). Journal of Korean Society of Disaster and Security. 12(1): 35-44. https://doi.org/10.21729/KSDS.2019.12.1.35
- Korea Airports Corporation (2017). Airport Emergency Planning Business Manual. Korea: Korea Airports Corporation.
- Korea Airports Corporation (2019). Year-on-year Statistics by Airport. Korea: Korea Airports Corporation.
- Korea Airports Corporation (2019). Gimpo International Airport Emergency Plan. Korea: Korea Airports Corporation.
- Korea Aviation Security Act (2018). Enforcement Date 25. Oct. 2018. Act No.14954.
- Korea Occupational Safety and Health Act (2020). Enforcement Date 31. Mar. 2020. Act No.17187.
- Korea Ministry of Employment and Labor (2020). Korea Enforcement Rules Occupational Safety and Health Act. Korea: Korea Ministry of Employment and Labor.
- Korea Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2017). Korea Airport Services Manual Part7 Airport Emergency Planning. Korea: Korea Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport.
- Korea Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2018). Korea Airport Safety Operating Standards. Korea: Korea Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport.
- Korea Ministry of Public Administration and Security (2017). Disaster Management Standards. Korea: Korea Ministry of Public Administration and Security.
- Kwon, J. W. (2014). A Study on Processing Capacity of an Airport Passenger Terminal. Master's Thesis. Korea Aerospace University.
- Kyunghyang Shinmun. I was wondering why Kimpo Airport fire response was so bad...an empty can of manual. http://news.khan.co.kr/kh_news/khan_art_view.html?art_id=201712061706001 (accessed 6. Feb. 2017.).
- Lee, C. S. (2015). A Study on Reduction of Mobilization Time (Golden Time) for the Emergency Disaster - Focusing of Seoul Metropolitan -. Master's Thesis. Industry and Engineering Seoul National University
- Lee, M. S. and Kim, S. J. (2018). A Study on the Cases of the Disaster Psychology Course in the field of Disaster & Security based on the Problem-Based Learning. Journal of Korean Society of Disaster and Security. 11(2): 75-82. https://doi.org/10.21729/KSDS.2018.11.2.75
- Lee, K. T. and Shin, S. W. (2013). A Study on the Airline Passenger Transportation Outsourcing Staff's Job Characteristics and Job Satisfaction. Journal of Hotel & Resort. 12(2): 17-42.
- Lee, Y. M. (2018). A Study on Effect of Children Disaster Safety Drill. Master's Thesis. Mokwon University.
- Lim, C. I. (2011). A Study on the Effect of Market Access of LCC on Gimpo International Airport. Master's Thesis. Korea Aerospace University.
- Maeil Business. Korea Airports Corporationthe 'Top' World of Sustainable Management. https://www.mk.co.kr/news/ society/view/2017/03/147989 (accessed 3. Mar. 2017.).
- Mun, S. I. (2019). A Study for Improving the Effectiveness of Safety and Health Education Based on the Empirical Education Utilizing Virtual and Augmented Reality. Master's Thesis. Ulsan University.
- Oh, K. T. (2007). A Study on the Actual Conditions of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System. Master's Thesis. Industry and Engineering Seoul National University.
- Park, S. Y. and Lee, M. H. (2009). A Study on the Importance and Satisfaction with Airline Service Quality. Korean Corporation Management Review. 16(1): 201-222.
- Park, Y. S. (2016). A Study on Airport Security Policies through Analysis of Current Terrorism Threat. Ph.D. Dissertation. Kwangwoon University.
- Seo, W. Y. (2012). Study on the Consumer's Perception for Irradiated Foods and Radioactive-contaminated Foods-Focus on the Accident of Nuclear Plant in Japan, 2011-. Master's Thesis. Chung Ang University.
- Song, C. Y. and Park, S. H. (2017). Strategy for Improvement of Disaster Response System of Hybrid Disaster in Korea. Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection. 21(3): 45-53. https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2017.21.3.045
- Yonhap News. Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, On-site Training for the Combined Airplane Disaster at Gimpo Airport. https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20191031088000003?input=1195m (accessed 31. Oct. 2019.).