- Volume 17 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Promotion of Island Tourism through Development of Marine Food Tourism Contents
해양음식 관광콘텐츠 개발을 통한 섬 관광 활성화 방안 고찰
- Lee, Woong-Kyu (Division of Tourism, Baekseok University) ;
- Hong, In-Gi (Department of Foodservice Dining Cookery, Howon University)
- Received : 2019.02.21
- Accepted : 2019.05.20
- Published : 2019.05.28
The purpose of this study is to suggest a plan to promote the tourism of the island by developing the contents of the marine food tourism. Activation of island tourism should begin with developing marine food tourism content. In the viewpoint that the development of marine food tourism content is a priority, previous studies were examined and related cases were analyzed. For this purpose, this study reviewed and analyzed various literature, periodicals, government documents and newspaper articles published in Korea and abroad. As a result of this study, to develop the marine food tourism contents in Korea and to promote the island tourism, it is necessary to develop the marine food tourism contents as representative contents of the island tourism, develop and operate the high value added fusion food tourism product, And the development of marine food tourism products that meet the island tourism paradigm and changes in tourism patterns of tourists.
본 연구는 해양음식 관광콘텐츠를 개발하여 섬 관광을 활성화 하는 방안을 제시하는 것을 연구 목적으로 했다. 섬 관광 활성화는 해양음식 관광콘텐츠를 개발하는 것에서 시작하는 것이 우선이라는 관점에서 선행연구들을 고찰하였고, 관련 사례들을 분석하였다. 이를 위해 본 연구는 국내외에서 발간된 다양한 연구논문과 정기간행물, 정부문서와 신문기사 등을 문헌 고찰하고 사례 분석하였다. 본 연구의 결과, 우리나라 해양음식 관광콘텐츠를 개발하여 섬 관광을 활성화하기 위해서는 해양음식 관광콘텐츠를 섬 관광의 대표적인 콘텐츠로 육성, 고부가가치의 융 복합형 해양음식 관광상품 개발 및 운영, 기존 사업과의 연계를 통한 섬 관광 활성화 정책 추진의 효율화, 섬 관광 패러다임과 관광객의 관광패턴 변화에 부응하는 해양음식 관광상품 개발이라는 방안을 도출하였다.
- S. H. Oh & K. S. Ko. (2005). Importance Performance Analysis of Attractiveness Assessment for Island Tourism Destination: A Case of Jeju Island. Korean Journal of Tourism Research, 19(3), 45-58.
- S. H. Oh & K. S. Ko. (2006). Attractiveness of Islands as Tourist Destination: A Comparative Study of Jeju in Korea and Okinawa in Japan. Tourism research, 30(2), 201-216.
- H. G. Gwak, N. O. Kim & J. I. Kim. (2008). Study on Developing Ecological Tourism Program in Ocean Esources: Case Study on Tideland in Jeonnam Province and Marine Village. Korea Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, 22(2), 227-243.
- M. C. Kim & H. J. Jang. (2008). A Study on the Attraction Factors with the Type of Tourism Contents of Small Island in Korea: A Case of Bogildo, Sunyudo, and Udo. Tourism & Leisure Research, 20(4), 123-137.
- Australia Tourism Agency Launches 'My Delicious Australia' Travel Campaign. (2014. 9. 24). No Cut News.
- J. S. Cho. (2009). Strategies for promoting the sustainable island tourism through the analysis of tourist behaviors : in case of Cheongsando, county Wando, Korea. Journal of The Korean Regional Development Association, 21(4), 151-176.
- D. S. Lee. (2013). The effect of motive and involvement on the satisfaction and participation activity in food tourism. Korean Journal of Tourism Research, 28(5), 325-342.
- H. S. Park & E. K. Jang. (2017). Semiotics Analysis of Island Tourism in TV Real Variety Entertainment Program. Korean Journal of Tourism Research, 32(3), 159-175.
- K. H. Ha. (2017). A Study on Development of Island Tourism. Journal of Marine Tourism Research, 10(1), 75-94.
- J. H. Song & S. E. Lee. (2005). Development & Application of Structural Island Destination Management Model-Validation for the Theoretical Potentiality and Practical Usefulness of IDM-. Tourism & Leisure Research, 17(3), 299-319.
- Y. L. Jang & H. Y. Jin. (2011). An Empirical Study on Preference Tour Activities, Tour Constraints, Destination Selection Attribute of F.I.T. Tourist. Korean Journal of Tourism Research, 26(1), 331-350.
- S. C. Kim. (2000). A Study of Traditional Cuisine as Commercial Scale in Regional Festive Events. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 6(3), 193-223.
- J. Kim. (2008). A study on the reality of island tourism and how to invigorate it -With the focus on islands and costal areas in South Jeolla-. Marine & Island Cultures, 32, 3-40.
- J. Kim. (2011). Characteristics and Potential of Korean Islands. Monthly Gukto, 358, 6-13.
- S. K. Kang. (2012). Community-oriented island tourism development. The Gyeongnam Development, 121, 24-34.
- H. S. Yoon. (2010). Young-1an Seon, Tourism, Food Festival, and Local Identity: Centering around the 'Ganghwa Salted Transparent Shrimp'. The Institute for Korean Culture, 44, 325-350.
- S. C. Chen, M. C. Wu & C. H. Chen. (2010). Employee's personality traits, work motivation and innovative behavior in marine tourism industry. Journal of service science and management, 3(2), 198-205.
- P. Van der Merwe, E. Slabbert & M. Saayman. (2011). Travel motivations of tourists to selected marine destinations. International journal of tourism research, 13(5), 457-467. https://doi.org/10.1002/jtr.820
- C. Jeong. (2014). Marine tourist motivations comparing push and pull factors. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism, 15(3), 294-309. https://doi.org/10.1080/1528008X.2014.921772
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. (2013). Promotion of Food Tourism.
- Y. K. Suh, G. H. Goh & M. C. Kim. (2010). A Study on Developing Indicators of Competitiveness for Island Tourist Destinations. Tourism & Leisure Research, 22(1), 167-187.
- Y. J. Kim. (2011). Trends and Sustainable Development Strategies of Island Tourism. Monthly Gukto, 358, 34-39.
- Y. J. Kim. (2012). Current and Future Development Strategies of Island Tourism. The Gyeongnam Development, 121, 6-13.
- Make local food restaurants on the island attractions ..Dream of the Third elected county governor. (2018. 7. 23). Skydaily.
- S. K. Hong, J. E. Kim, K. H. Oh & H. S. Ihm. (2013). Ecological Value of Tidal-flat Island in Jeonnam Province and Its Validity for Designating Provincial Park. Korean Journal of Ecology and Environment, 46(1), 41-52. https://doi.org/10.11614/KSL.2013.46.1.041
- J. E. Kim. (2017). The Discussion of Sun-dried Salt Field and Eco-cultural Resources Utilization in Jeungdo and Shineuido, Shinan County, Jeonnam. The Journal of Korean Island, 29(1), 309-330.
- D. G. Go. (2015). Regional Brand Strategy and Regional Activation by Specific Fishery Product -The Case of Brown Croaker-. The Journal of Korean Island, 27(4), 29-58.
- H. J. Lee & H. Y. Choi. (2015). The Study on the Tourism Characteristics and Promotional Plans of Jeju Bangeo Festival. Journal of Photo Geography(Sajin Chiri), 25(3), 121-131.
- W. G. Ryu, S. K. Yang & S. J. Moon. (2012). The Effect of Perceived Impacts toward Bangeo Festival of JeJuDo on Community Attachment and Festival Attitudes. The Journal of Korean Island, 24(3), 23-45.
- S. J. Ahn & J. Y. Yoon. (2016). Development of Jeju Local Food Tour Package and Economic Value Estimation based on Contingent Valuation Method. Journal of East Asian Society Diet Life, 26(4), 346-358. https://doi.org/10.17495/easdl.2016.8.26.4.346
- Flower of travel is food... Jeju jumping into the island of taste. (2017. 7. 28). News1.
- S. I. Lee. (2018. 6. 19). [Destination] Taipei's 10th island, which has become a tourist attraction, is filled with unique attractions. TTL News.
- J. S. Choe & H. S. Park. (2009). A Case Study on Storytelling Application of Native Local Foods. Journal of Food Culture, 24(2), 137-145.
- J. O. Kim. (2010). Rural Tourism Promotion Strategy Based on Japanese Case Study. Journal of Rural Tourism, 17(4), 145-163.
- G. W. Park & S. O.. Lee. (2002). Strategies for Developing Coastal Tourism. Tourism research, 26(3), 167-190.
- D. S. Kim. (2013). Analysis on the Spread Effect of Island Tourism Resources on Regional Economy. Journal of Industrial Economics and Business, 26(3), 1215-1246.
- K. S. Ko. (2012). An Evaluation for Tourism Resource Development and Attractiveness in Island Tourist Destination -A Focus on the Case of Han-San Island in Tong-Yeong City-. Regional Industry Review, 35(1), 167-188.
- B. H. Lim, K. H. Ahn & J. W. Ha. (2005). The Study of the Effect of Tour Site Personality and Attributes on the Choice of Tour Site. Journal of Global Academy of Marketing Science, 15(3), 149-168. https://doi.org/10.1080/12297119.2005.9707497
- J. H. Lee. (2005). Analysis for the choice of domestic island travel Destination. Journal of Travel Study, 23, 115-134.
- J. S. Lim & C. H. Yang. (2015). Relationship between Sports Confidence and Class Satisfaction according to Adolescents' Participation in Marine Sports. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 6(4), 169-176. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.169
- Y. K. Cheung & H. I. Lee. (2018). Exploring the value of marine sports as a sport for all. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(7), 309-315. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.7.309
- K. S. Kim. (2017). Local Festival and Culture Contents. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(7), 183-189. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.7.183
- J. S. Park. (2018). A Study on the Development of Storytelling for Culture and Tourism Market Development-Based on Jecheon Central Market. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(6), 367-374. https://doi.org/10.4156/jcit.vol8.issue6.45
- G. Y. Lee & S. H. Lee. (2017). Virtual Reality Based Cultural Tourist Attractions converging with Souvenir. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 7(3), 111-116. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.3.111
- J. O. Park & Y. E. Yu. (2018). A Study on the Changes and Enlargement of 'Geon Jeong (Dried Fish) Knowledge' to Changes in Living Environment-The Case of Sin-an Jeung-do-. The Journal of Honam Area Studies, 64, 65-94.
K. I. Lee. (2009). A Discourse on the New Wave Movement in Taiwan and It's Political Characteristics: Mainly about the and
. The Korean Civic Ethics Review, 22(1), 169-188.
- A. H. Mak, M. Lumbers, A. Eves & R. C. Chang. (2012). Factors influencing tourist food consumption. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 31(3), 928-936. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2011.10.012
- Y. C. Lin, T. E. Pearson & L. A Cai. (2011). Food as a form of destination identity: A tourism destination brand perspective. Tourism and Hospitality Research, 11(1), 30-48. https://doi.org/10.1057/thr.2010.22
- C. M. Hall & S. Gossling (Eds.). (2013). Sustainable culinary systems: Local foods, innovation, and tourism & hospitality. Routledge.