- Volume 1 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Limits and Directions of Fire Prevention Legislations Caused by Polyurethane for the Construction Sites
폴리우레탄에 기인한 건설현장 화재예방 대책의 한계와 개선 방안
- Ahn, Hong Seob (Department of Architectural Engineering, Kunsan National University)
- 안홍섭 (국립군산대학교 건축해양건설융합공학부)
- Received : 2018.04.23
- Accepted : 2018.06.10
- Published : 2018.06.30
The purpose of this study is to analyze the limits of current measures to prevent fire accidents especially in the existence of polyurethane. Suffering numerous fire accidents, preventive measures are strengthened accordingly. However, in the existence of polyurethane, current measures are insufficient since it is still impossible to completely separate inflammables form ignition sources in case of polyurethane used as insulation. In order to identify blind spots of current fire prevention measures, this study conducted analysis on the previous fire accidents and the coverage of current legislative preventive measures. In conclusion, in order to perfectly prevent polyurethane fire accidents, not only controling of working condition but also substitution of noncombustible material for polyurethane is indispensible.
- Alliance for the Polyurethane industry (2007), Six Steps for Fire Safety During Construction.
- Chang, Seong-Rok et al (2002), A Study on the Fire Prevention of the Construction Sites, Journal of Korean Society of Safety, Vol.17, No.2, pp.69-75.
- Fire accident investigation reports, KOSHA
- Fier prevention acts, ROK
- Ha, Hangbong(2016), Suggestions on the reinforcement of fire accident prevention for construction sites.
- Industrial safety and health acts and standards, ROK
- KOSAH (2008), Refrigeration warehouse construction guide, 2008-620-1534L.
- KOSHA (2009), Risks in refrigeration warehouse construction.
- KSHM (2016), Safety management.