- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Effects of Hotel Advertising Attitude and Brand Image toward Customers' Purchase Intention
호텔광고 태도와 브랜드이미지가 고객의 구매의도에 미치는 영향
- Han, Jin-Young (Dept. of Hotel Management, Catholic Kwandong University)
- 한진영 (가톨릭관동대학교 호텔경영전공)
- Received : 2017.05.15
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
The purpose of This study was to find out the effects of the hotel advertising attitude and brand image on customers' purchase intention. For this study, a total of 306 questionnaires among collected data for customers who experience hotel service at five star hotels located in Seoul from April 1, 2015 to April 30, 2015 was to ensure a valid sample. As a result of the experiments which conducted by factor analysis and regression analysis, it shows positive significant effects in purchase intention of "feeling and persuade attitude factor" and "reputation and usefulness attitude factor", but it is not positively effected continual purchase intention in hotel customers. Also, it shows positive significant effects on hotel customers' purchase intention of "emotional brand image" and "physical brand image". From the study, it is expected to find efficient ways to activate purchase intention on hotel products through differentiated advertising and brand image. In addition, it should be considered that positive images building up emotional and physical characteristics in hotels for establishing consumer-brand relationship. From the study, it is expected to find efficient ways to activate purchase intention on hotel products through differentiated advertising and brand image.
본 연구에서는 호텔기업의 호텔광고 태도와 브랜드이미지가 고객의 구매의도, 재구매의도, 계속구매의도 등에 미치는 영향을 실증분석을 통하여 규명하고자 하였다. 본 연구의 자료수집에 있어서는 2015년 4월 1일부터 2015년 4월 30일까지 서울시내에 위치한 5성급 호텔인 L호텔, I호텔, W호텔, S호텔, H호텔 고객들을 대상으로 설문조사가 이루어졌으며, 총 306부의 설문지를 유효표본을 분석에 이용하였다. 실증분석 결과, 호텔광고에 대한 태도 요인, 즉, '느낌 및 설득적 태도'는 구매의도, 재구매의도, 구매계속의도에 있어서 각각 1%, 5%, 1%수준에서 유의한 영향을 미치는 것으로 분석되었으며, '명성 및 유용적 태도'에 있어서는 구매의도, 재구매의도에는 각각 1%, 5%수준에서 유의한 영향을 미치는 것으로 나타났으나 구매계속의사에는 영향을 미치지 않는 것으로 나타났다. 한편, 호텔의 브랜드이미지인 '정서적 브랜드 이미지'와 '물리적 브랜드 이미지'가 구매의도에 미치는 영향을 분석한 결과, '정서적 브랜드 이미지'와 '물리적 브랜드 이미지' 요인 모두 구매의도, 재구매의도, 구매계속의도에 각각 1% 수준에서 유의한 영향을 미치는 것으로 나타났다. 본 연구의 시사점은 호텔기업은 각 호텔의 특성을 잘 전달할 수 있는 설득력 있고 유용한 호텔광고를 만들어야 하며, 타 호텔과 구별되는 서비스 및 새로운 호텔상품 기획 등을 통한 차별화 마케팅이 필요하다.
- Ja-Huk, Gu, "An Attitude Analysis on Hotel Advertisement of Customers at Hotels in Seoul", Hotel Tourism Reserch, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 51-65, 2004.
- Ki-Sue Kim⋅Sung-Jun Yun. "A Study of Effects on Customer Satisfaction, Customer-Brand Relationship", 2008 Business Relatin Society Summer Integration Conference, pp. 285-307, 2008.
- Kyung-sook Kim, "Advertising Contents based on Semiotic Methodology", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 87-93, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.087
- Dong-Joon Kim, "Effects of Hotel Brand Image on Customer Satisfaction and Purchas Intention", Korea Entertainment Industry Society 2014 Spring Research, pp. 230-238, 2014.
- Yun-Mi Kim⋅Jin-Su Han, "Influence of Advertising Attributions on Attitude toward Advertisement, Brand Attitude and Purchase Intention: Emphasis on Hotel Web Advertisement", Knowledge Management Research, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 1-16, 2010.
- Young-Kyu Kim⋅Young-Jae Park, "The Influence of the Hotel's Indirect advertisement on the Corporate Image and Customer Preference", Journal of Tourism Studies, Vol, 26, No. 5, pp. 127-143, 2011.
- Hyu Kyung Kim .Su-Jin Seon, "Effects on Brand Attitude and Purchase Intention of Advertising Attitude Using Star Marketing: Focus on Ocean Park at Daemung Resort", Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 229-251, 2010.
- Hyo-Kyung Kim, Jae-Young Moon, "A study on the Work Process of Hotels and Residence Hotels effect on the Employee Satisfaction and Customer Satisfaction", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 2, pp. 93-99, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.2.093
- Ho-Sung Kim.Hwa-Jin Kim.Jin-Su Han, "A Study on the Effects Relation on Hotel Brand Marketing, Brand Equity and Customer Satisfaction: Focusing on Customers of Luxury Hotels in Seoul", Journal of Hotel & Tourism Research, Vol 11, No 3, pp. 159-172, 2009.
- Chi-Young Park.Wha-In Lee, "The Influence of Hotel Users' Experiential Consumption Features on Customer-Brand Relationship Commitment and Long-Term Orientation", Journal of Hotel Management, Vol. 22, No. 2, 1-20, 2013.
- Bo-Bae Lee.Won-Seok Seo, " A Study of Hotel Brand Perceived Quality and Perceived Brand Fit on Customer's Attitude towards Midscale and Economy level Hotel Brand Extension, Perceived Value, and Purchase Intention", Journal of Tourism & Leisure Research, Vol 24, No 4, pp. 139-158, 2012.
- Hak-Sik Lee.Kwang-Ho Ahn. "Consumer Behavior", Bubmunsa, 2001.
- Ik-Keun Oh.Young-ill Yun, " Effects on Advertising Attitude's Hotel Brand Image by Category of Hotel Advertising, Korea Journal of Business Administration collection of dissertations September, pp. 630-647, 2008.
- Dong-Keun Yu. "Integration Marketing", Miraewon, p.276, 1994.
- Name-Sue Chang, "Effects on Brand Image, Brand Preference by Brand Mark Type", Digital Design Studies, Vol. 15, pp. 57-66, 2008.
- Young-Ju Jeon,. "A Study on Attitude of Convention Advertising that Influencing of Convention Perception and Behavior to Intention", Hotel & Tourism Research, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 505-517, 2013.
- Ku-Ryb Chung, 2001. "Hotel.Restaurant .Tourism Marketing" , YeunKyung Munhwasa, pp. 328-343, 2001.
- Hae-Su Choi, "A Study of Relationship on Hotel Image and Purchase Intention: Focusing on Moderating Price fairness", Journal of Tourism Studies, Vol. 26, No 3, pp. 455-482, 2011.
- Aaker, D. A. & Keller, K. L, "Consumer evaluations of brand extensions, Journal of Marketing", vol 54, no 1, pp. 27-41, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252171
- Assael, H., "Consumer Behavior", Houghton Mifflin, 2007.
- Blackwel, R. D., Miniard, P. W., & Engel, J, F., "Consumer Behavior", Fortworth: Hartcourt College Publishers, 2001.
- Brackett, L. K. & Carr, Jr., B. N., "Cyberspace Advertising vs Other Media: Consumer vs Mature Student Attitudes", Journal of Advertising Research, September/October, pp. 23-28, 2001.
- Brown, S. P., & Stayman, D. M., "Antecedent and Consequences of Attitude toward the Ad: A Meta-analysis", Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 19, pp. 34-51, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1086/209284
- Chang, H. H. & Liu, Y. M., "The impact of brand equity on brand preference and purchase intentions in the service industries:, The Service Industries Journal, Vol. 29, No 12, pp. 1687-1706, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1080/02642060902793557
- Davis, S. M., "The Power of the Brand, Strategy & Leadership", Vol. 28, No. 4, 2000.
- Engel, J. F., Blackwell, R. D. & Miniard, P. W., "Consumer behavior"(5th ed), The Dryden Press, Fort, p. 521, 1990.
- Fournier. S. "Aconsumers-brand relationship framework for strategic brand management", Ph. D. dissertation, University of Florida, Gainesville., 1994.
- Fournier, S. "Consumer and Their Brands: Developing Relationship Theory in Consumer Research". Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 24, pp. 343-373, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1086/209515
- Holbrook, M. B., & Batra, R., "Assessing the role of emotions as mediators of consumer responses to advertising", Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 404-420, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1086/209123
- Howard, J. A. & Sheth, J. N., "Predictional of Gold-Directed Behavior: Attitude, Intentions and Perceived Behavioral Control". Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, Vol. 22, pp. 453-474, 1969.
- Keller, K. L., "Building Customer-Based Brand Equity", Marketing Management, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 14-21, 2001.
- Mackenzie, S. B., & Lutz, R. J., "An empirical examination of the structural antecedents of attitude toward the Ad in an advertising pretesting context", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 53, No. 2, pp. 48-65, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251413
- Mitchell, A. A. & Olson, J. C., "Are Product Attribute Beliefs the Only Mediator of Advertising Effects on Brand Attitude?", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 318-332, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3150973
- Rodgers, S., "The Interactive Advertising Model Tested: The Role of Internet Motives in Ad Processing", Journal of Internet Motives in Ad Processing", Journal of Interactive Advertising, Vol. 2, No. 2, Spring, 2002.
- Shimp, T. A., "Promotion management and marketing communications", Chicago, Dryden Press, 1986.
- William, Q, D., "How to develop an advertising strategy", Lodging, 1986.