- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
INFLUENCE OF SLIP CONDITION ON RADIATIVE MHD FLOW OF A VISCOUS FLUID IN A PARALLEL POROUS PLATE CHANNEL IN PRESENCE OF HEAT ABSORPTION AND CHEMICAL REACTION.
- VENKATESWARLU, M. (DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, V. R. SIDDHARTHA ENGINEERING COLLEGE, KANUR, KRISHNA (DIST)) ;
- VENKATA LAKSHMI, D. (DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, BAPATLA WOMEN'S ENGINEERING COLLEGE, BAPATLA, GUNTUR (DIST)) ;
- DARMAIAH, G. (DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, NARASARAOPETA ENGINEERING COLLEGE, NARASARAOPETA, GUNTUR, (DIST))
- Received : 2016.08.02
- Accepted : 2016.12.07
- Published : 2016.12.25
The present investigation deals, heat and mass transfer characteristics with the effect of slip on the hydromagnetic pulsatile flow through a parallel plate channel filled with saturated porous medium. Based on the pulsatile flow nature, exact solution of the governing equations for the fluid velocity, temperature and concentration are obtained by using two term perturbation technique subject to physically appropriate boundary conditions. The expressions of skin friction, Nusselt number and Sherwood number are also derived. The numerical values of the fluid velocity, temperature and concentration are displayed graphically whereas those of shear stress, rate of heat transfer and rate of mass transfer at the plate are presented in tabular form for various values of pertinent flow parameters. By increasing the slip parameter at the cold wall the velocity increases whereas the effect is totally reversed in the case of shear stress at the cold wall.
- E. M. Sparrow and R. D. Cess: Temperature dependent heat sources or sinks in a stagnation point flow, Appl. Sci. Res., 10(1961), 185-197. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00411912
- A. J. Chamkha: Unsteady MHD convective heat and mass transfer past a semi infinite vertical permeable moving plate with heat absorption, Int. J. Engg. Sci., 42(2004), 217-230. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7225(03)00285-4
- H. Ramadan and A. J. Chamkha: Analytical solutions for hydromagnetic free convection of a particulate suspension from an inclined plate with heat absorption, Int. J. Fluid Mech. Res., 27(2004), 447-467.
- A. Ishak: Mixed convection boundary layer flow over a horizontal plate with thermal radiatio, Heat and Mass Transfe, 46 (2009), 14-15.
- D. A. Nield and A. Bejan: Convection in Porous Media, 2nd Edition, Springer Verlag, New York, 1999.
- V. R. Prasad and N. B. Reddy: Radiation and mass transfer effects on an unsteady MHD free convection flow past a heated vertical plate in a porous medium with viscous dissipation, Theor. App. Mec. 34(2007), 135-160. https://doi.org/10.2298/TAM0702135P
- M. Venkateswarlu, G. V. Ramana Reddy and D. V. Lakshmi: Radiation effects on MHD boundary layer flow of liquid metal over a porous stretching surface in porous medium with heat generation, J. Korean Soc. Ind. Appl. Math., 19(2015), 83-102. https://doi.org/10.12941/jksiam.2015.19.083
- K. R. Cramer and S. I. Pai: Magnetofluid dynamics for engineers and applied physicists. McGraw Hill Book Compan, New Yor, 1973.
- P. Cheng andW. J.Minkowycz: Free convection about a vertical flat plate embedded in a porous medium with application to heat transfer from a dike, J. Geophys. Res., 82(1977), 2040-2044. https://doi.org/10.1029/JB082i014p02040
- A. Raptis and N. G. Kafoussias: Magnetohydrodynamic free convection flow and mass transfer through porous medium bounded by an infinite vertical porous plate with constant heat flux, Can. J. Phy., 60(1982), 1725-1729. https://doi.org/10.1139/p82-232
- M. Turkyimazoglu and I. Pop: Soret and heat source effects on the unsteady radiative MHD free convection flow from an impulsively started infinite vertical plate, Int. J. of Heat and Mass Transf., 55(2012), 7635-7644. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2012.07.079
- M. Venkateswarlu, G. V. Ramana Reddy and D. V. Lakshmi: Thermal diffusion and radiation effects on unsteady MHD free convection heat and mass transfer flow past a linearly accelerated vertical porous plate with variable temperature and mass diffusion, J. Korean Soc. Ind. Appl. Math., 18(2014), 257-268. https://doi.org/10.12941/jksiam.2014.18.257
- A. J. Chamkha: MHD flow of a uniformly stretched vertical permeable surface in the presence of heat generation/absorption and a chemical reaction, Int. Com. Heat Mass Trans., 30(2003), 413-422. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0735-1933(03)00059-9
- A. A. Afify: The effect of radiation on free convective flow and mass transfer past a vertical isothermal cone surface with chemical reaction in the presence of a transverse magnetic fiel, Canad. J. Phy.,82(2004), 447-458. https://doi.org/10.1139/p04-009
- F. S. Ibrahim, A. M. Elaiw and A. A. Bakr: Effect of the chemical reaction and radiation absorption on the unsteady MHD free convection flow past a semi-infinite vertical permeable moving plate with heat source and. Suction, Commu. Nonlinear Sci. Numer. Simulatio., 13(2008) 1056-1066. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cnsns.2006.09.007
- A. A. Bakr: Effects of chemical reaction on MHD free convection and mass transfer flow of a micropolar fluid with oscillatory plate velocity and constant heat source in a rotating frame of referenc, Commu. Nonlinear Sci. Numer. Simulatio, 16(2011), 698-710. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cnsns.2010.04.040
- M. Venkateswarlu and P. Padma: Unsteady MHD free convective heat and mass transfer in a boundary layer flow past a vertical permeable plate with thermal radiation and chemical reaction, Procedia Engineering, 127(2015), 791-799. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2015.11.414
- J. Manjula, P. Padma, M. Gnaneswara Reddy and M. Venakateswarlu: Influence of thermal radiation and chemical reaction on MHD flow, heat and mass transfer over a stretching surface, Procedia Engineering, 127(2015), 1315-1322. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2015.11.489
- O. D. Makinde and P. Y. Mhone: Heat transfer to MHD oscillatory flow in a channel filled with porous medium, Rom. Journ. Phys., 50(2005), 931-938.
- A. Mehmood and A. Ali: The effect of slip condition on unsteady MHD Oscillatory flow of a viscous fluid in a planer channel, Rom. Journ. Phys, 52(2007), 85-91.
- A. K. Abdul Hakeem and K. Sathiyanathan: An analytic solution of an oscillatory flow through a porous medium with radiation effect, Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems, 3(2009), 288-295. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nahs.2009.01.011
- J. C. Umavathi, A. J. Chamkha, A. Mateen and A. Al-Mudhaf: Unsteady oscillatory flow and heat transfer in a horizontal composite porous medium channel, Nonlinear analysis: Modelling and control, 14(2009), 397-415.
- F. M. Abbasi, T. Hayat, S. A. Shehzad, F. Alsaadi and N. Altoaibi: Hydromagnetic peristaltic transport of copper-water nanofluid with temperature-dependent effective viscosity, Particuology, 27(2016), 133-140. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.partic.2015.09.015
- A. V. Kuznetsov and D. A. Nield: Natural convective boundary-layer flow of a nanofluid past a vertical plate, Int. J. Therm. Sci. 49(2010), 243-247. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijthermalsci.2009.07.015
- F. M. Abbasi , S. A. Shehzad, T. Hayat and M. S. Alhuthali: Mixed convection flow of jeffrey nanofluid with thermal radiation and double stratification, Journal of Hydrodynamics, Ser. B, 28(2016), 840-849. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1001-6058(16)60686-8
- W. A. Khan and I. Pop: Boundary-layer flow of a nanofluid past a stretching sheet, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, 53(2010), pp. 2477-2483. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2010.01.032
- N. Bachok, A. Ishak, R. Nazar and I. Pop: Flow and heat transfer at a general three dimensional stagnation point in a nanofluid, Phys. B, 405(2010), 4914-4918. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physb.2010.09.031
- N. Bachok, A. Ishak and I. Pop: Flow and heat transfer characteristics on a moving plate in a nanofluid, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, 55(2012), 642-648. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2011.10.047
- T. Hayat, T. Muhammad, S. A. Shehzad and A. Alsaedi: On three-dimensional boundary layer flow of Sisko nanofluid with magnetic field effects, Advanced Powder Technology, 27( 2016), 504-512. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apt.2016.02.002
- S. O. Adesanya and O. D.Makinde:MHD oscillatory slip flow and heat transfer in a channel filled with porous media, U.P.B. Sci. Bull. Series A.,76(2014) 197-204.
- A. Raptis: Free convective oscillatory flow and mass transfer past a porous plate in the presence of radiation for an optically thin fluid, Thermal Sci.15(2011) 849-857. https://doi.org/10.2298/TSCI101208032R
- N. P. Singh, A. Kumar, A. K. Singh and Atul K Singh: MHD free convection flow of viscous fluid past a porous vertical plate through non homogeneous porous medium with radiation and temperature gradient dependent heat source in slip flow regime, Ultra Science, 18(2006), 39-46.
- N. Siva Kumar, Rushi Kumar and A. G. Vijaya Kumar: Thermal diffusion and chemical reaction effects on unsteady flow past a vertical porous plate with heat source dependent in slip flow regime, Journal of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, 13(2016), 51-62. https://doi.org/10.3329/jname.v13i1.20773
- Unsteady MHD Flow of Radiating and Rotating Fluid with Hall Current and Thermal Diffusion Past a Moving Plate in a Porous Medium vol.389, pp.1662-9507, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/DDF.389.71
- Unsteady MHD Slip Flow with Radiative Heat and Mass Transfer over an Inclined Plate Embedded in a Porous Medium vol.384, pp.1662-9507, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/DDF.384.31