- Volume 45 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Critical Reviews on Concept of Spatial Planning - From the Perspective of ESDP and PCPA in 2004 in the UK -
공간계획의 개념에 관한 검토 - 유럽의 ESDP와 영국의 PCPA 2004를 중심으로 -
- Received : 2015.04.10
- Accepted : 2015.05.20
- Published : 2015.06.30
Spatial planning, is required to be conceptualized corresponding to the shifts in planning paradigm through logical and systematic approaches. The concept of planning, thus, should be considered in terms of not only the planning discipline but also the planning activities or practices. This study aims to review and examine the concept of spatial planning based on the different approaches of planning and analyze the difference between land use planning, then review a meaning of spatial planning in terms of its dimensions. The research range will be limited to only the concept of spatial planning and survey was carried on through collecting the secondary research data by literature reviews and both descriptive and comparative approaches will be applied concurrently. The key findings of the study can be found as follows: Firstly, spatial planning has been reviewed with regard to theoretical, practical and integrated approaches. Secondly, the concept of spatial planning has been examined in terms of definitions, dimensions and analysis criteria and then analyzed conceptual differences compared with traditional land use planning. Finally, a meaning of spatial planning has been highlighted based on the dimensions of spatial planning, such as future visions, policy toolbox, sustainable development and inclusivity.
공간계획은 논리적 체계적 접근을 통하여 계획의 패러다임 변화에 상응하는 개념화가 요구되고 있으며, 또한 이러한 공간계획의 개념은 계획 이론과 실제를 고려한 접근이 필요하다. 따라서 본 연구의 목적은 공간계획에 대한 이론적 실제적 통합적 접근방법을 통하여 및 그 개념을 파악하고, 전통적인 개념인 토지이용계획과의 차이점을 분석하여 공간계획의 의의를 재조명하고자 하는 것이다. 이러한 연구목적을 달성하기 위하여 연구범위는 공간계획의 개념으로 한정하고, 조사방법은 문헌조사를 통하여 2차 자료를 수집하였으며, 접근방법은 서술적 접근방법과 비교론적 접근방법을 병용하였다. 연구결과는 다음과 같은 관점에서 도출하고자 하였다. 첫째, 공간계획에 대한 접근은 계획이론의 이론적 실제적 통합적 차원에서 접근하였다. 둘째, 공간계획의 개념은 공간계획의 정의, 차원, 그리고 평가의 측면에서 검토하고, 토지이용계획과의 개념적 차이를 비교 분석하였다. 마지막으로 공간계획의 의의는 미래상, 정책도구, 지속가능한 발전 그리고 개방성 차원에서 파악하고자 하였다.
- Adams, D. and Tiesdell, S.(2013), Shaping Places : Urban Planning, Design and Development, Oxon: Routledge.
- Albrechts, L., Healey, P. & Kunzmann, K.(2003), Strategic spatial planning and regional governance in Europe, Journal of the American Planning Association, Vol. 69, No. 2, pp. 113-129. https://doi.org/10.1080/01944360308976301
- Alberechts, L.(2004), Strategic (spatial) planning reexamined, Environment and Planning B : Planning and Design, Vol. 31, pp. 743-758. https://doi.org/10.1068/b3065
- Allmendinger, P.(2009), Planning Theory, 2nd ed, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Allmendinger, P. and Haughton, G.(2009), Commentary : Critical reflections on spatial planning, Environment and Planning A, Vol. 41, pp. 2544-2549. https://doi.org/10.1068/a42227
- Bell, S. and Hindmoor, A.(2009), rethinking governance: the centrality of the state in modern society, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Cullingworth, B. & Nadin, V.(2006), Town and Country Planning in the UK, Oxon: Routledge.
- Council of Europe(2003), European Conference of Ministers Responsible for Regional/Spatial Planning (CEMAT) - Overview document, Strasbourg Cedex : Council of Europe.
- Department of Communities and Local Government(DCLG)(2007), Planning for a sustainable future : White paper, London: The Stationary Office.
- Faludi, A.(1973), Planning Theory, Oxford: Pergamon.
- Faludi, A.(2000), The performance of spatial planning, Planning Practice & Research, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 299-318. https://doi.org/10.1080/713691907
- Faludi, A.(2002), Positioning European Spatial Planning, European Planning Studies, Vol. 10, No. 7, pp. 897-909. https://doi.org/10.1080/0965431022000013284
- Faludi, A. & Waterhout, B.(2002), The making of the European spatial development perspective : No masterplan, London: Routledge.
- Faludi, A.(2004), The European spatial development perspective and North-West Europe : application and the future, European Planning Studies, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 391-408. https://doi.org/10.1080/0965431042000195010
- Faludi, A.(2009), A turning point in the development of European spatial planning? The 'territorial agenda of the European Union' and the 'first action programme' , Prog Plan, Vol. 71, No. 1, pp. 1-42. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.progress.2008.09.001
- Gilg, Andrew W.(2005), Planning in Britain : Understanding & evaluating the post-war system, London: SAGE Publications.
- Hall, P. and Tewdwr-Jones, M.(2011), Urban and Regional Planning, Oxon : Routledge.
- Haughton, G. & Allmendinger, P. & Counsell, D., et al.(2010), The New Spatial Planning: Territorial management with soft spaces and fuzzy boundaries, Oxon : Routledge.
- Healey, P.(1997), Collaborative planning: Shaping places in fragmented societies, London: Macmillan.
- Healey, P.(2004), The treatment of space and place in the new strategic spatial planning in Europe, International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 45-67. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.0309-1317.2004.00502.x
- Judge, D., Stoker, G. & Wolman, H.(1995), Theories of Urban Politics, London: Sage Publications.
- Kooiman, J.(1993), Modern Governance: New Government-Society Interactions, London: Sage publication.
- Morphet, J.(2011), Effective Practice in Spatial Planning, Oxon: Routledge.
- Nadin, V.(2002), Transnational spatial development and planning : Experience from the spatial vision for North-West Europe, Facing EPSON, Bengs, C.(ed.), Stockholm : Nordregio, pp. 25-40.
- Nadin, V. & Duhr, S.(2005), Some help with Euro-planning jargon, Town and Country Planning, Vol. 74, No. 3, pp. 82-84.
- Nadin, V.(2007), The emergence of the spatial planning approach in England, Planning Practice & Research, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 43-62. https://doi.org/10.1080/02697450701455934
- Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM)(2005), PPS1 : Delivering Sustainable Development, London: Stationery office.
- Parker, G. & Doak, J.(2012), Key Concepts in Planning, London: Sage Publications.
- Royal Town Planning Institute(RTPI) (2003), Education Commission Final Report , London : RTPI.
- Rydin, Y.(2010), Governing for Sustainable Urban Development, London : Earthscan
- Rydin, Y.(2011), the Purpose of Planning: Creating sustainable towns and cities , Bristol : The Policy Press.
- Shaw, D. & Sykes, O.(2005), European spatial development policy and evolving forms of territorial mobilization in the United Kingdom, Planning Practice & Research, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 183-199. https://doi.org/10.1080/02697450500414694
- Tallon, A.(2010), Urban Regeneration in the UK, Oxon : Routledge.
- Taylor, N.(1980), Planning theory and the philosophy of planning, Urban Studies, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 159-168. https://doi.org/10.1080/00420988020080321
- University College London(UCL) and Deloitte(2007), Shaping and Delivering Tomorrow's Places: Effective Practice in Spatial Planning, London : Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Yiftachel (1989), Towards a new typology of urban planning theories, Environment and Planning B : Planning and Design, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp.23-39 https://doi.org/10.1068/b160023