- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Experienced violence in school on Suicidal Impulse in Adolescents for Policy Implications - Focusing on Moderating Effects of Family Support, Friend's Support and Teacher's Support -
정책적 시사점 도출을 위한 청소년의 학교폭력피해경험과 자살충동의 관계에 관한 연구 - 가족지지와 친구지지, 교사지지의 조절효과 중심으로 -
- Noh, Yun-Chae (Dept. of Social Welfare, Graduate School, Chosun University) ;
- Sin, Jung-Sook (Dept. of Social Welfare, Graduate School, Chosun University) ;
- Park, Hwie-Seo (Dept. of Public Administration & Social Welfare, Chosun University)
- Received : 2012.07.25
- Accepted : 2012.08.03
- Published : 2012.08.31
This study is to test moderating effects of family support, friend's support and teacher's support in the relationship between experienced violence in school and adolescent suicidal impulse. For the purpose of this study, 298 adolescents who were experienced violence in school were sampled and surveyed. The analytical results are the followings: Moderating effects of family support, friend support and teacher support are significant in the relationship between experienced violence and depression. They are also significant in the relationship between experienced violence and suicidal impulse. On the other hand, only family support is significant in the relationship between depression and suicidal impulse. This study suggests some policy implications based on this findings.
이 연구는 청소년 학교폭력피해경험이 자살충동에 미치는 영향에 대한 사회적 지지를 조절변수로 포함한 인과모형을 작성하여 검증해 봄으로써 정책적 이론적 시사점을 도출한 연구이다. 이를 위해 298명의 청소년을 대상으로 학교폭력피해경험, 우울, 자살충동의 척도와 가족지지, 친구지지, 교사지지의 척도로 구성된 설문을 실시하여 그 변인들 간의 관계를 탐구하였다. 연구결과, 청소년 자살충동과 상관이 가장 높은 변인은 우울 이었으며 조절요인인 가족지지, 친구지지, 교사지지의 벼인이 우울과 자살충동을 낮추는 효과가 있는 것으로 나타났다. 특히 가족지지는 청소년 자살충동에 가장 큰 유의미한 영향을 미치는 것으로 나타났다. 본 연구는 이상과 같은 연구결과를 토대로 향후 청소년 자살을 예방하고 감소시키기 위한 정책적 시사점을 도출하였다.
- National Statistical Office, "2009 statistics in the cause of death, http://kostat.go.kr/portal/korea/kor_nw/2/1/index.board?bmode=read&aSeq=179505
- the National Police Agency, 2010 police statistical year book, http://www.police.go.kr/infodata/history_statistics_2010.jsp
- Park, Byunggeum (2006). "The exploration of ecological factors of youth's suicide impulse", Chungbook Univ. Ph.D. thesis
- Choi, Wongee (2004). "A study on social structural cause of youth's suicide", Kyunghee Uni. master's thesis.
- Kim, Hyungsoo (2006). "The present condition if suicide and prevention measure according to life cycle", Welfare for senior, 134: 271-292.
- Kim, Hynsoon, Kim, Byungseok (2008). "The test of sructural model between suicide impulse and the related factors", Korean counselling psychological association 20(2): 325-343.
- Park, Jaesook (2010). "The impact of school risk factors affecting on youth's suicide impulse - focusing on Baumeister's Escape Theory-", Gyungbook Uni. Ph.D. thesis.
- Park, Jaeyeon (2010). "Youth's suicide crisis and resilience", Ehwa Woman Uni. Ph. D. thesis.
- Durkheim, E. (1897). Suicide, New York: The Free Press.
- Yook, Sungphil (2001). "The exploration of suicide related factors and the development of cure program", Korea Uni. Ph.D. thesis.
- Baumeister, R. L. (1990). "Suicide as escape from self", psychological review 97: 90-113. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.97.1.90
- Felner, R. D. and Silverman, M. M. (1995). "Suicide prevention program: Issues of design, implementation, feasibility, and developmental appropriate, eds" In Suicide Prevention: Toward the year 2000, ed al. New York: the Guilford Press.
- Hong, Youngsoo, Jeon, Sunyoung (2005). "The impact of youth's life stress on suicide impulse and meditating effect of depression", Mental health and social work, 19: 125-149.
- Song, Dongho, Lee, Hongsik, Jeon, Yosook, Jeong Yusook (1996). "The psychiatrical traits of youth's suicide trial", Neurochychyatry 35(6): 1366-1375.
- Kim, Giwhan, Jeon, Myunghee (2000). "A study on the traits and types of youth suicide", Korean child welfare 9(1): 127-152.
- Reynold, W. M. (1988). "Suicidal ideation questionnaire", Professional manual Odessa FL: Psychological Assessment Resources.
- Olweus, D. (1993). Building at schools: bullies and their whipping boys, Washington D. C.: Hemisphere Press.
- Fauistich, M., Carey, M., Ruggiero, L., Enyart, P. & Gresham, F. (1986). "Assessment of depression in childhood and adolescent : An evaluation of the center for Epidemiological Studies Depression Scale for Children(CES-DC)", American Journal of Psychiatry 143: 1024-1027.
- Boehm A., Wertlieb D., Bendori, R. & Fishman, MA. (2007). "Building resilience among children at risk : action research to guide community-based programs", 2007 International Qualitative Research Annual Meeting.
- Dubow, E. F. & Ullman, D. G. (1989). "Assessing social support in elementary school children : The survey of children's social support", Journal of Clinical Child Psychology 18(1): 52-64. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15374424jccp1801_7