- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Three-dimensional Modeling of Marine Controlled-source Electromagnetic Surveys Based on Finite Difference Method
유한차분법에 기초한 인공송신원 해양전자탐사 모델링
- Han, Nu-Ree (Department of Energy and Mineral Resources Engineering, Sejong University) ;
- Nam, Myung-Jin (Department of Energy and Mineral Resources Engineering, Sejong University) ;
- Ku, Bon-Jin (Department of Energy and Mineral Resources Engineering, Sejong University) ;
- Kim, Hee-Joon (Department of Energy Resources Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2012.03.16
- Accepted : 2012.05.14
- Published : 2012.05.31
This paper presents development of a three-dimensional marine controlled-source electromagnetic (mCSEM) modeling algorithm and its application to a salt and reservoir model to examine detectability of mCSEM for a reservoir under complex subsurface structures. The algorithm is based on the finite difference method, and employs the secondary field formulation for an accurate and fast calculation of modeling responses. The algorithm is verified for a two-layer model by comparing solutions not only with analytic solutions but also with those from other 3D modeling algorithm. We calculate and analyze electric and magnetic fields and their normalized responses for a salt and reservoir model due to three sources located at boundaries between a salt, a reservoir, and background. Numbers and positions of resistive anomalies are informed by normalized responses for three sources, and types of resistive anomalies can be informed when there is a priori information about a salt by seismic exploration.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 강서기, 설순지, 변중무, 2010, 가스 하이드레이트 탐사를 위한 해저 CSEM탐사 설계변수 고찰, 한국지구시스템공학회지, 47, 139-150.
- 김희준, 한누리, 최지향, 남명진, 송윤호, 서정희, 2006, 탄화수소 탐지를 위한 해양 인공송신원 전자탐사, 물리탐사, 9, 163-170.
- 김희준, 최지향, 한누리, 송윤호, 이기하, 2009, 전자탐사 자료 해석을 위한 1차장 계산, 지구물리와 물리탐사, 12, 361-366.
- 송윤호, 김희준, 설순지, 2007, Marine CSEM의 최근 기술 개발 및 적용 사례, 한국지구물리물리탐사학회 특별 심포지엄, 한양대학교, 87-100.
- 한누리, 남명진, 김희준, 2012, 석유탐사를 위한 해양전자탐사의 발전 및 중요성 고찰, 지구시스템공학회지, 49, (인쇄중)
- Andreis, D., and MacGregor, L., 2008, Controlled-source electromagnetic sounding in shallow water: Principles and applications, Geophysics, 73, F21-F32. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.2815721
- Eidesmo, T., Ellingsrud, S., MacGregor, L. M., Constable, S., Sinha, M. C., Johansen, S., Kong, F. N., and Westerdahl, H., 2002, Sea Bed Logging (SBL), a new method for remote and direct identification of hydrocarbon filled layers in deepwater areas, First Break, 20, 144-152.
- Ellingsrud, S., Eidesmo, T., Johansen, S., Sinha, M. C., MacGregor, L. M., and Constable, S., 2002, Remote sensing of hydrocarbon layers by seabed logging SBL: Results from a cruise offshore Angola, The Leading Edge, 21, 972-982. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1518433
- Johansen, S. E., Amundsen, H. E. F., Rosten, T., Ellingsrud, S., Eidesmo, T., and Bhuyian, A. H., 2005, Subsurface hydrocarbons detected by electromagnetic sounding, First Break, 23, 31-36.
- Kong, F. N., 2007, Hankel transform filters for dipole antenna radiation in a conductive medium, Geophysical Prospecting, 55, 83-89. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2478.2006.00585.x
- Li, Y., and Key, K., 2007, 2D marine controlled-source electromagnetic modeling: Part 1 - An adaptive finite-element algorithm, Geophysics, 72, WA51-WA62. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.2432262
- Maao, F. A., 2007, Fast finite-difference time-domain modeling for marine-subsurface electromagnetic problems, Geophysics, 72, A19-A23. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.2434781
- Sasaki, Y., and Meju, M. A., 2009, Useful characteristics of shallow and deep marine CSEM responses inferred from 3D finite-difference modeling, Geophysics, 74, F67-F76. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.3168616
- Smith, J. T., 1996, Conservative modeling of 3-D electromagnetic fields, Part II: Biconjugate gradient solution and an accelerator, Geophysics, 61, 1319-1324. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1444055
- Srnka, L. J., Carazzone, J. J., Ephron, M. S., and Eriksen, E. A., 2006, Remote reservoir resistivity mapping, The Leading Edge, 25, 972-975. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.2335169
- Weiss, C. J., and Constable, S., 2006, Mapping thin resistors and hydrocarbons with marine EM methods, Part II - Modeling and analysis in 3D, Geophysics, 71, G321-G332. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.2356908
- Yee, K. S., 1966, Numerical solution of initial boundary value problems involving Maxwell's equation in isotropic media, IEEE Trans. Anten. Prop., AP-14, 302-307.
- Zach, J. J., Frenkel, M. A., Rdyard, D., Hincapie, J., Dubois, B., and Morten, J. P., 2009, Marine CSEM time-lapse repeat-ability for hydrocarbon field monitoring, SEG expanded abstract, 820-824.
- Zhdanov, M. S., Lee, S. K., and Yoshioka, K., 2006, Integral equation method for 3D modeling of electromagnetic fields in complex structures with inhomogenesou background conductivity, Geophysics, 71, G333-G345. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.2358403