- Volume 12 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Structural Causal Relationship between Atmospherics of Web-sites and Repurchase Intention in Internet Shopping Malls
인터넷쇼핑몰 사이트 환경과 재구매의도 간의 구조적 인과관계
- 최철재 (단국대학교 경상대학 경영학부)
- Received : 2012.02.03
- Accepted : 2012.02.21
- Published : 2012.05.28
The purpose of this paper is to explain and identify how atmospherics of web-sites such as graphics, colour, menu and link have an effect on consumers' emotion and satisfaction, which in turn have influence on repurchase intention in internet shopping malls. A survey study was conducted to collect the data with consumers who have experience purchase or search on internet shopping malls. Analysis of structural equation modeling with AMOS 18.0 was performed to test the research hypothesis. The results of the study are as follows: Menu and link are positively associated on consumers' emotion, but graphics and colour have not influence on both consumers' emotion and satisfaction. Consumers' emotion is positively associated on both satisfaction and repurchase intention, and then satisfaction is also positively associated on repurchase intention.
본 연구는 인터넷쇼핑몰을 대상으로 그래픽, 컬러, 메뉴 및 링크 등 웹사이트의 디자인 환경이 소비자의 감정과 만족에 어떠한 영향을 미치고, 또한 감정과 만족 및 재구매의도 간의 관계를 확인하고 설명하였다. 본 연구의 설문은 인터넷쇼핑몰을 방문하여 검색하였거나 구매한 경험을 가진 소비자를 대상으로 표본을 수집하였으며, 수집된 자료는 AMOS 18.0 통계패키지를 이용하여 제기된 연구가설을 검증하였다. 분석결과, 웹사이트의 디자인 환경요인 중 메뉴와 링크는 소비자의 감정에 긍정적인 영향을 주었지만, 그래픽 및 컬러는 감정 및 만족에 어떠한 영향도 미치지 못하였다. 또한 감정은 만족과 재구매의도에 긍정적 영향을 미치었고, 만족 역시 재구매의도에 긍정적인 영향을 미치는 것으로 확인되었다.
- 이진원, 전자상거래 1000조 시대 B2C, B2B, B2G 지속적 성장세, 한국경제매거진, 849호, 2012.
- 농림수산식품기술기획평가원, 2011년 유통시장 전망, 2011.
- T. Ahn, S. Ryu, and I. Han, "The Impact of The Online and Offline Features on The User Acceptance of Internet Shopping Malls," Electronics Commerce Research and Application, Vol.3 No.4, pp.405-420, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elerap.2004.05.001
- L. N. McKinney, "Creating A Satisfaction Internet Shopping Experience via Atmospherics Variables," International J. of Consumers Studies, Vol.28, pp.268-283, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1470-6431.2004.00368.x
- S. Muylle, R. Moenaert, and M. Despontin, "The Conceptualization and Empirical Validation of Web Site User Satisfaction," Information and Management, Vol.41, pp.543-560, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(03)00089-2
- D. Koo and S. Ju, "The Interactional Effects of Atmospherics and Perceptual Curiosity on Emotions and Online Shoping Intention," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.26, pp.377-388, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2009.11.009
- D. Belanche, L. V. Casalo, and M. Guinaliu, "Web-site Usability, Consumer Satisfaction and The Intention to Use A Web-site: The Moderating Effect of Perceived Risk," J. of Retailing and Consumer Services, Vol.19, pp.124-132, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2011.11.001
- N. Gudigantala, J. Song, and D. Johns, User Satisfaction with Web-based DSS: The Role of Cognitive Antecedents, International J. of Information Management, Vol.31, pp.327-338, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2010.10.009
- P. Bharati and A. Chaudhury, "An Empirical Investigation of Decision-Making Satisfaction in Web-Based Decision Support Systems," Decision Support Systems, Vol.37, pp.187-197, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-9236(03)00006-X
- A. Mehrabian and J. Russell, An Approach to Environmental Psychology, Cambridge: MIT Press, 1974.
- V. Mummalaneni, "An Empirical Investigation of Web-site Characteristics, Consumer Emotional States and On-line Shopping Behaviors," J. of Business Research, Vol.58, pp.526-532, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(03)00143-7
- G. Walsh, E. Shiu, L. Hassan, N. Michaelidou, and S. Beatty, "Emotions, Store-Environmental Cues, Store-Choice Criteria, and Marketing Outcomes," J. of Business Research, pp.1-8, 2010.
- P. Kotler, "Atmospherics As A Marketing Tool," J. of Retailing, Vol.49, pp.48-64, 1973-1974.
- R. E. Millman and D. L. Fugate, "Atmospherics as An Emerging Influence in The Design of Exchange Environment," J. of Marketing Management, Vol.3, pp.66-74, 1993.
- J. Baker, D. Grewal and A. Parasuraman, "The Influence of Store Environment on Quality Inferences of Internet Shopping Malls," Electronic Commerce Research and Application, Vol.3 No.4, pp.405-420, 1994.
- M. J. Bitner, "Servicescapes: The Impact of Physical Surroundings on Customers and Employees," J. of Marketing, Vol.56, pp.57-71, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252042
- S. A. Eroglu, K. A. Machleit, and L. M. Davis, "Atmospheric Qualities of Online Retailing: A Conceptual Model and Implications," J. of Business Research, Vol.54, pp.177-184, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(99)00087-9
- L. Dailey, "Navigational Web Atmospherics Explaining The Influence of Respective Navigation cues," J. of Business Research, Vol.57, pp.795-803, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(02)00364-8
- A. V. Hausman and J. S. Siekpe, "The Effect of Web Interface Features on Consumer Online Purchase Intention," J. of Business Research, Vol.62 No.1, pp.5-13, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2008.01.018
- R. L. Oliver, "A Cognitive Model of The Antecedence and Consequences of Satisfaction Decisions," J. of Marketing Research, Vol.17, pp.460-469, 1980(11). https://doi.org/10.2307/3150499
- B. I. Alford and A. Biswas, "The Effects of Discount Level, Price Consciousness and Sale Proneness on Consumers' Price Perception and Behavioral Intention," J. of Business Research, Vol.55 No.9, pp.775-783, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(00)00214-9
- R. L. Oliver, Satisfaction: A Behavioral Perspective on The Consumer, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1996.
- C. Fornell and B. Wernerfelt, "Defence Marketing Strategy by Customer Complaint Management: A Theoretical Analysis," J. of Marketing Research, Vol.2 No.11, pp.337-346, 1987.
- S. B. Mackenzie and R. J. Lutz, "An Empirical Examination of The Structural Antecedents of Attitude Toward The Ad in an Advertizing Pretesting Context," J. of Marketing, Vol.53 No.4, pp.48-65, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251413
- V. A. Zeithaml, L. Berry, and A. Parasuraman, "The Behavioral Consequences of Service Quality," J. of Marketing, Vol.60 No.4, pp.31-46, 1966.
- C. S. Lin, S. Wu, and R. J. Tsai, "Integrating Perceived Playfulness into Expectation-Confirmation Model for Web Portal Context," Information & Management, Vol.42, pp.683-501, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2004.04.003
- S. Kaplan and R. Kaplan, Cognition and Environment, New York, NY: Praeger Pub. 1982.
- R. L. Oliver, "Effect of Expectation and Disconfirmation on Post-Exposure Evaluation: An Alternative Interpretation," J. of Applied Psychology, Vol.62, pp.480-486, 1997.
- V. Liljander and T. Strandvik, "Emotions in service satisfaction," International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol.2, pp.148-169, 1997.
- S. Varki and M. Colgate, "The Role of Price Perceptions in An Integrated Model of Behavioral intentions," J. of Service Research, Vol.3 No.3, pp.84-91, 2001.
- G. E. Walsh, L. M. Shiu, N. Hassan, N. Michaelidou, and S. E. Beatty(2010), "Emotions, Store-Environmental Cues, Store-Choice Criteria, and Marketing Outcomes," J. of Business Research, Vol.30, pp.1-8, 2010.
- R. S. Lazarus, Emotion and adaptation, Oxford University Press, 1991.
- R. A. Westbrook and R. L. Oliver, "The Dimensionality of Consumption Emotion Patterns and Consumer Satisfaction," J. of Consumer Research, Vol.8 No.1, pp.84-91, 1991.
- M. Beverland, E. A. C. Lim, M. Morrison, and M. Terziovsky, "In-Store Music and Consumer-Brand Relationships: Relational Transformation Following Experiences of Fit, J. of Business Research, Vol.59, pp.982-989, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2006.07.001
- C. L. Martinez and G. J. A. Martinez, "Cognitive-Affective Model of Consumer Satisfaction: An Exploratory Study within The Framework of A Sport Event," J. of Business Research, Vol.60, pp.108-114, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2006.10.008
- S. Jang and Y. Namkung, "Perceived Quality, Emotions, and Behavioral Intentions Application of An Extended Mebrain-Russell Model to Restaurants," J. of Business Research, Vol.62, pp.451-460, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2008.01.038
- P. U. Nyer, "A Study of The Relationships Between Cognitive Appraisals and Consumption Emotion," J. of Academy Marketing Science, Vol.25, pp.296-304, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070397254002
- J. C. Chebat and R. Michon, "Impact of Ambient Odors on Mall Shoppers' Emotions, Cognition, and Spending: A Test of Competitive Causal Theories," J. of Business Research, Vol.56, pp.529-539, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(01)00247-8
- A. Bhattacherjee, "Understanding Information Systems Continuance: An Expectation-Confirmation Model," MIS Quarterly, Vol.25 No.3, pp.351-370, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250921
- S. Devaraj, M. Fan, and R. Kohli, "Antecedents of B2C Channel Satisfaction and Preference: Validating E-Commerce Metrics," Information System Research, Vol.13 No.3, pp.316-333, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.13.3.316.77
- I. Liu, M. Chen, Y. S. Sun, D. Wible, and C. H. Kou, "Extending The TAM Model to Explore The Factors that Affect Intention to Use An Online Learning Community," Computers & Education, Vol.54 No.2, pp.600-610, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2009.09.009
- T. P. Novak, D. L. Hoffman, and Y. Yung, "Measuring The Customer Experience in Online Environments A Structural Modeling Approach," Marketing Science, Vol.19 No.1(Winter), pp.22-42, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.188.8.131.5284
- Y. Zang, Y. Fang, K. Wei, E. Ramsey, P. McCole, and H. Chen, "Repurchase Intention B2C E-Commerce- A Relationship Quality Perspective," Information and Management, Vol.48, pp.192-200, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2011.05.003
- 최철재, 박승환, "이동통신사의 서비스품질과 만족 및 서비스충성도 관계에서 감정적만족과 서비스명성의 인과적 역할", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제9권, 제6호, pp.344-356, 2009.
- 최철재, "쇼핑동기가 소비자의 감정과 점포충성도에 미치는 영향", 유통경영학회지, 제15권, 제1호, pp.23-33, 2012.
- 최철재, "점포이미지와 충성도 관계에서 인지적 만족과 감정적만족의 역할", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제9권, 제10호, pp.292-304, 2009.
- D. E. Rosen and E. Purinton, "Websites Design: Viewing The Web as A Cognitive landscape," J. of Business Research, Vol.57, pp.787-794, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(02)00353-3
- P. Bharati and A. Chaudhury, "An Empirical Investigation of Decision-Making Satisfaction in Web-Based Decision Support Systems," Decision Support System, Vol.37, pp.187-197, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-9236(03)00006-X
- Understanding Product Satisfaction in the Context of Online Trading vol.13, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.05.436