- Volume 29 Issue 4
The Landscape Meaning and Literary Group Culture Carved in Danguedae and Samgaeseokmun of Imshil
임실(任實) 단구대(丹丘臺)와 삼계석문(三溪石門)에 새긴 의미경관과 단구구로회(丹丘九老會)의 아회(雅會)문화
- Lee, Hyun-Woo (Dept. of Landscape Architecture, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Jung-Han (Graduated School of Landscape Architecture, Woosuk University) ;
- Rho, Jae-Hyun (Dept. of Landscape Architecture and Urban Design, Woosuk University)
- 이현우 (전북대학교 조경학과) ;
- 이정한 (우석대학교 대학원 조경학과) ;
- 노재현 (우석대학교 조경도시디자인학과)
- Received : 2011.11.11
- Accepted : 2011.12.01
- Published : 2011.12.31
This Research will explore the meaning indicated in the landscape meaning and feature of literary group culture, focusing in Gurujeong(九老亭: pavilion for nine elders) and Samgaeseokmun(三溪石門: stone gate in three valleys) located in Dundeok-myun, Imshil-gun, and will seek to understand the implications by studying the cultural landscape spread out in the area. The place where Gurojeong and Samgaeseokmun is located is the meeting point of the three valleys, Dunnam stream, Osu stream, and Yul stream, which is the main location to view the beautiful scenery, which has the nickname as the dwelling place of a celestial being. Especially, based on the description of old maps, "Samgae(three valleys)" and "Samgaeseokmun" possesses significance as a landmark and shows a characteristic feature of landscape structures of low hills. Dangugurohwe(丹丘九老會: nine elders gathering on the dwelling of a celestial being) originated from Hyangsangurohwe(香山九老會: gathering of nine elders on a fragrant mountain), where Baekgeoi(白居易) of China was one of the main people. This group was organized by nine elders over the age of 60 desiring to view the scenery of Doyeonmyeong. The group enhanced the literary spirit on the low hill, erecting a tower, and enjoying the beautiful scenery changing every season with scholars from the same region. This phenomenon seems to have been formed upon the positive response to gatherings of elders, which were prevalent in the Joseon Dynasty. If the internal idea pursued by the group was "longevity," the external idea pursued can be summarized as "the spirit the respect for the elders." Naming the groups as 'Dangudae(place where the celestial being lives), Guseondong(valley of seeking a celestial life), Bangjangsan(mountain of a high priest), and Daecheondae(place of communicating with God) was likely a device to introspect oneself and symbolize one's life process. Furthermore, the reason Samgaeseokmun, which is an imitation of Choi, Chiwon's work, was built near Soyocheo, was probably to yearn the celestial land and based on the desire to follow Choi, Chiwon, who was the most self-fulfilling being presumed to have become a celestial being by practicing the pursuit of freedom, escaping from the reality. After tracing the symbolizing meaning of the four letters carved in the left side of the stone wall of Dangudae, the conclusion that this place was not only a place for literary gatherings of the nine elders of Saseong(four families), but was a place where the celestial being dwelled could be inferred. Corresponding with Dangudae and Gurojeong, which are places where the order of human and nature is harmonized and where its meaning associated with the location intensifies, arouses strong bond, can be said to be the symbol of the traces of celestial beings where the spirits of attachment to a certain place is embedded. The acts performed in Dangugurohwe were those of traditional leisure including strolling, viewing the scenery, drinking, composing poems, and playing instruments, and sometimes listening to stories, tea ceremony, prayers, and fishing were added, which indicates that the gathering had a strong tendency towards pastoral and hermit life.
- 南原都護府 建置沿革 舊志. 樓亭編.
- 고전연구회 사암(2004). 지식과 교양을 디스플레이하다. 포럼. p. 143.
- 국토해양부 국토지리정보원(2010). 한국의 지명유래집. 전라. 제주편. pp. 302-303.
- 김성태(2000). 孤雲 崔致遠의 書藝硏究. 동국대학교 대학원 석사학위논문.
- 문재원(2010). 장소성의 발견과 로칼리티: 장소성의 형성과 재현. 부산대학교 한국민족문화연구소. 서울: 도서출판 혜안. pp. 5-51.
- 민영현(2011). 해운대, 최치원 그리고 국학 학술대회. 風流道와 孤雲 崔致遠의 東人의식. 선도문화. 10: 61-99.
- 민주식(2000). 풍류사상의 미학적 의미. 미학예술학. 11: 61-76.
- 서울특별시사편찬위원회(2009). 서울지명사전. 서울특별시.
- 孫立郡(2003). 中國古代的士人生活. 北京商務印書館. p. 189.
- 송희경(2008). 조선후기 아회도. 서울: 다할미디어. pp. 296-298.
- 유승종(2006). 孤雲 崔致遠의 神仙思想. 대진대학교 인문학연구. 4: 55-71.
- 이봉상(2009). 白居易 九老會와 그에 대한 고대 한국 문인의 인식. 東方漢文學. 38: 261-290.
- 이석환, 황기원(1997). 장소와 장소성의 다의적 개념에 관한 연구. 국토계획.대한국토도시계획학회지. 91: 169-184.
- 이용달(2009). 한글+漢字문화 칼럼. 傳統的 敬老思想. 한글한자문화. 115: 68-69.
- 이종묵(2006). 조선의 문화공간 2. 서울: 휴머니스트. p. 38.
- 이현우(2011). 16-18세기 누정 문화경관의 의미론적 해석. 전북대학교 대학원 박사학위논문.
- 이희덕(2004). 한국의 自然觀과 유교정치사상. 국학연구. 5: 5-30.
- 任實郡誌 編纂委員會(1990). 任實郡誌.
- 임실문화원(2009). 임실의 금석문. pp. 185-190.
- 임실문화원(2010). 구로정기. pp. 38-98.
- 전주이씨 춘성정 종중(2006). 둔덕마을의 맥과 향기.
- http://cafe.daum.net/dundeok2010/Csqp/20?docid=1Kzti|Csqp|20|2010 0727150235&q=%B1%B8%B7%CE%C1%A4
- http://db.itkc.or.kr/index.jsp?bizName=MK&url=/itkcdb/text/node ViewIframe.jsp%3FbizName=MK%26finId=042%26gunchaId=av01 9%26muncheId=01%26seojiId=kc_mk_i002