- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
QUASI-STATIC THERMOELASTIC PROBLEM OF AN INFINITELY LONG CIRCULAR CYLINDER
- Gaikwad, Kishor R. (DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, SAVITRIBAI PHULE WOMENS ENGINEERING COLLEGE) ;
- Ghadle, Kirtiwant P. (DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, DR. BABASAHEB AMBEDKAR MARATHWADA UNIVERSITY)
- Received : 2010.05.03
- Accepted : 2010.06.21
- Published : 2010.09.25
The aim of this work is to determine the quasi-static thermal stresses of an infinitely long circular cylinder having constant initial temperature under steady-state field. The arbitrary heat flux is applied on the lower surface and the upper surface of the cylinder is at initial temperature. The fixed circular edge is thermally insulated. The results are obtained in series form in terms of Bessel's functions. These have been computed numerically and illustrated graphically.
- V.S. Kulkarni and K.C. Deshmukh, Quasi-static thermal stresses in a thick circular plate, ScienceDirect, Applied Mathematics Modelling, 31 (2007), 1479-1488. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2006.04.009
- N. Noda, B. Hetnarski, Y. Tanigawa, Thermal stresses, Second edition, Taylor and Francis, New York, 2003, 259-261.
- Doo-Sung Lee, Stress Distribution in a Long Circular Cylinder Containing an Elliptical Crack, Z. Angrew Math. Mech.(ZAMM), 77 (1997), 701-709. https://doi.org/10.1002/zamm.19970770909
- Hany H. Sherief, Mohamed N. Anwar, Two-dimensional generalized thermoelasticity problem for an infinitely long cylinder, Journal of Thermal Stresses, 17 (1994), 213-227. https://doi.org/10.1080/01495739408946256
- S. K. Sinha, Transient temperature distribution in a thick annular disk with transversely anisotropic thermal conductivities, Numerical Heat Transfer, Part B: Fundamentals, 12 (1987), 253-261. https://doi.org/10.1080/10407798708552578
- J. Thomas, J. Singh, and D. Hasselman, Thermal stresses in a long circular cylinder subjected to sudden cooling during transient convection heating, Journal of Thermal Stresses, 8 (1985), 249-260. https://doi.org/10.1080/01495738508942233
- N. Noda, Transient thermoelastic contact problem in a long circular cylinder, Journal of Thermal Stresses, 7 1984, 135-147. https://doi.org/10.1080/01495738408942202
- I. N. Sneddon, The use of integral transform, McGraw Hill, New York, 1972, 235-238.
- A. Atsumi, Y. Mori and Y. Shindo, Thermal stresses in a circular cylinder with a circumferential edge crack under uniform heat flow, Journal of Thermal Stresses, 2 (1979), 425-436. https://doi.org/10.1080/01495737908962417
- N. M. Ozisik, Boundary value problem of heat conduction, International textbook company, Scranton, Pennsylvania, 1968, 135-148.