- Volume 21 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Evaluation of Repeated Measurement Stability of 3D Tooth Model Obtained by Several Dental Scanners
수종의 치과용 스캐너로 채득된 3차원 치아 모형의 반복측정 안정성 평가 연구
- Bae, Eun-Jeong ;
- Kim, Won-Soo ;
- Lim, Joong Yeon
- 배은정 ((주)이마스타덴탈허브) ;
- 김원수 (대전보건대학교 치기공과) ;
- 임중연 (동국대학교 기계로봇에너지공학과)
- Received : 2021.01.20
- Accepted : 2021.02.08
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the reliability of repeated measurements of several dental scanners. Blue-lighted scanners, white-light scanners and optical-type scanners are used in the study of repeatability in this study. The measurement results were calculated as root mean square (RMS) and the significance level was confirmed by applying the 1-way ANOVA statistical technique (𝛼=.05). According to the statistical analysis, the scanner with the largest RMS value was Z-opt group (38.2 ㎛. Next, D-white was 35.2 ㎛ and the group with the lowest RMS value was I-blue (34.1 ㎛). The comparison of RMS means between each group was not significant (p>.05). From this result, the blue light had the lowest error in repeatability of dental scanners, but no statistical significance. The conclusion of this study is that the study results are clinically acceptable.
연구의 목적은 치과용 스캐너의 반복측정 안정성 비교를 통해 영향을 미치는 스캐너의 요소를 평가하는 것이다. 연구 목적을 달성하고자 청색광을 사용하는 I사의 스캐너와 광학 방식을 사용하는 Z사의 스캐너 그리고 백색광을 사용하는 D사의 스캐너를 본 연구의 반복측정 안정성 연구에 사용하였다. 측정 결과는 root mean square (RMS)로 계산하였고 one-way ANOVA 통계기법을 적용하여 유의수준을 확인하였다(𝛼=.05). 통계분석 결과 가장 큰 RMS 값을 가지는 스캐너는 Z-opt 그룹으로 38.2 ㎛이었다. 다음으로는 D-white가 35.2 ㎛로 나타났고, 가장 RMS 값이 적은 그룹은 I-blue 그룹으로 34.1 ㎛이었다. 각 그룹간에 RMS 평균을 비교한 결과는 유의하지 않은 것으로 나타났다(p>.05). 이 결과로부터 청색광, 백색광 그리고 광학 방식의 스캐너에서는 반복측정 안정성에서 청색광의 오차가 가장 낮은 것으로 나타났으나 통계적 유의성은 없었다. 연구결과 임상적 허용 가능하다는 것이 본 연구의 결론이다.
- G. T. Lee, J. H. Kim, W. C. Kim, and J. H. Kim, "Three-dimensional evaluation on the repeatability and reproducibility of dental scanner-based digital models," Journal of Korean Academic Dental Technology, Vol.34, No.3, pp.213-220, 2012.
- K. B. Kim, "Evaluation of clinical adaptation of dental prostheses printed by 3-dimensional printing technology," Journal of Korean Academy of Dental Technology, Vol.41, No.1, pp.1-7, 2019.
- J. J. Lee, J. Y. Park, S. Y. Bae, J. H. Jeon, J. H. Kim, and W. C. Kim, "Evaluation of the model accuracy according to three types of dental scanner," Journal of dental hygiene science, Vol.15, No.2, pp.226-231, 2015.
- T. V. Flugge, S. Schlager, K. Nelson, S. Nahles, and M. C. Metzger, "Precision of intraoral digital dental impressions with iTero and extraoral digitization with the iTero and a model scanner," American journal of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics, Vol.144, No.3, pp.471-478, 2013.
- K. A. Jang, S. U. Heo, H. K. Kang, and S. J. Lee, "A Convergence Study on the Changes of Awareness and Preference according to the Clinical Application Experience of Digital Intraoral Scanners in Dental Hygienists," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol.9, No.7, pp.135-140, 2018.
- J. S. Kim, Comparison of learning curves between two different intraoral scanners, Ewha womens university, Theses master, 2014.
- M. Y. Huang, K. Son, W. S. Lee, and K. B. Lee, "Comparison of the accuracy of intraoral scanner by three-dimensional analysis in single and 3-unit bridge abutment model: In vitro study," J Korean Acad Prosthodont, Vol.57, No.2, pp.102-109, 2019.
- T. S. Su and J. Sun, "Comparison of repeatability between intraoral digital scanner and extraoral digital scanner: An in-vitro study," Journal of prosthodontic research, Vol.59, No.4, pp.236-242, 2015.
- Y. I. Chang, W. S. Yang, D. S. Nahm, and S. C. Moon, "A study for the development of the Korean orthodontic bracket," The korean journal of orthodontics, Vol.30, No.5, pp,565-578, 2000.
- S. Park, S. Jung, Y. Kim, and H. Kim, "Determination of secondary aliphatic amines in surface and tap waters as benzenesulfonamide derivatives using GC-MS," Analytical Science and Technology, Vol.31, No.2, pp.96-105, 2018.
- H. Moussaoui, M. E. Mdaghri, A. Gouma, and B. Bennani, "Accuracy, repeatability and reproducibility of digital intraoral scanner for shade selection: current status of the literature," Oral Health Dental Sci, Vol.2, No.4, pp.1-6, 2018.
- K. B. Kim and J. H. Kim, "Evaluations of the Accuracy and Reliability of Measurements Made on White Light Scanner-based Dental Digital Models," Journal of Korea Contents Association, Vol.12, No.10, pp.357-364, 2012.
- J. H. Kim, J. K. Jung, and K. B. Kim, "Evaluation of validity of three dimensional dental digital model made from blue LED dental scanner," Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.15, No.5, pp.3007-3013, 2014.
- J. H. Jeon, D. Y. Kim, J. J. Lee, J. H. Kim, and W. C. Kim, "Repeatability and reproducibility of individual abutment impression, assessed with a blue light scanner," The Journal of Advanced Prosthodontics, Vol.8, No.3, pp.214-218, 2016.
- S. Han, "Design of memory-efficient octree to query large 3D point cloud," Journal of the Korean Society of Surveying, Geodesy, Photogrammetry and Cartography, Vol.31, No.1, pp.41-48, 2013.
- A. Ender, T. Attin, and A. Mehl, "In vivo precision of conventional and digital methods of obtaining complete-arch dental impressions," The Journal of prosthetic dentistry, Vol.115, No.3, pp.313-320, 2016.
- A. Persson, M. Andersson, A. Oden, and G. Sandborgh-Englund, "A three-dimensional evaluation of a laser scanner and a touch-probe scanner," The Journal of prosthetic dentistry, Vol.95, No.3, pp.194-200, 2006.
- https://www.medit.com/previous-t-series, 2021.01.15.
- https://www.zirkonzahn.com/us/cad-cam-systems/scanner-s600-arti, 2021.01.15.
- https://doflab.com/ko/freedomhd/, 2021.01.15.
- J. H. Jeon, H. K. Sung, B. K. Min, J. S. Hwang, J. H. Kim, and W. C. Kim, "Comparison of reproducibility of prepared tooth impression scanning utilized with white and blue light scanners," Journal of Korean Academic Dental Technology, Vol.37, No.4, pp.213-218, 2015.
- D. I. Park, H. J. Son, W. C. Kim, and J. H. Kim, "Evaluation of repeated measurement stability of dentition type of maxillary anterior tooth: an in vitro study," Journal of Korean Academic Dental Technology, Vol.41, No.3, pp.211-217, 2019.
- J. H. Kim, J. S. Lee, and J. S. Shim, "Comparative study of accuracy of digitized model fabricated by difference optical source of non-contact 3D dental scanner," Journal of Korean Academic Dental Technology, Vol.39, No.4, pp.227-233, 2017.
- O. Zilberman, J. A. Huggare, and K. A. Parikakis, "Evaluation of the validity of tooth size and arch width measurements using conventional and three - dimensional virtual orthodontic models," Angle Orthod, Vol.73, No.3, pp.301-306, 2003.
- T. H. Lee, H. B. Lee, and J. H. Kim, "Comparison of 2-dimensional marginal and internal fitness for the monolithic zirconia prosthesis using intraoral scanner and extraoral scanner: in vitro," Journal of Korean Academic Dental Technology, Vol.41, No.3, pp.187-193, 2019.
- E. J. Bae, " A study on the possession state of dental CAD/CAM system and usage satisfaction," Journal of Korean Academic Dental Technology, Vol.42, No.1, pp.45-53, 2020.
- B. S. Kim and J. H. Kim, "Comparison of the accuracy of domestic dental intra-oral scanner(e-scanner) and model scanner," Journal of Korean Academic Dental Technology, Vol.41, No.2, pp.53-61, 2019.