- Volume 6 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Real-Time Monitoring and Control System of Server Room based on IoT
IoT를 기반으로 하는 서버 룸 실시간 모니터링 및 제어 시스템
- Park, Jung Kyu (Dept. of Computer Software Engineering, Changshin University) ;
- Kim, Jaeho (Dept. of Aerospace and Software Engineering, Gyeongsang National University)
- Received : 2020.07.27
- Accepted : 2020.09.08
- Published : 2020.09.30
In this paper, we propose a system that monitors and controls the environment of a server room in real-time based on IoT. Recently, as the information society has been maximized, the damage has been significant when the computer system is down. In particular, damage such as a fire in the server room leads to loss of data and data recovery becomes impossible. In order to reduce such damage, a node capable of real-time monitoring using an IoT system was proposed. In addition, we proposed a coordinator node that can collect and monitor node information. In order to verify that the proposed system works, we have developed software that can control node monitoring and air conditioning. As a result of the experiment, we confirmed that the proposed system detects fire and controls the air conditioner.
- M.O.Onibonoje, P.N.Bokoro, N.I.Nwulu and S.L.Gbadamosi, "An IoT-Based Approach to Real-Time Conditioning and Control in a Server Room," International Artificial Intelligence and Data Processing Symposium(IDAP), pp.1-6, 2019.
- F.H.Purwanto, E.Utami and E.Pramono, "Design of Server Room Temperature and Humidity Control System using Fuzzy Logic based on Microcontroller," 2018 International Conference on Information and Communications Technology(ICOIACT), pp.390-395, 2018.
- A.Mousavi, V.Vyatkin, Y.Berezovskaya and X.Zhang, "Towards Energy Smart Data Centers: Simulation of Server Room Cooling System," 2015 IEEE 20th Conference on Emerging Technologies & Factory Automation(ETFA), Luxembourg, pp.1-6, 2015.
- X.Wang, X.Wang, G.Xing, J.Chen, C.Lin and Y.Chen, "Intelligent Sensor Placement for Hot Server Detection in Data Centers," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol.24, No.8, pp.1577-1588, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPDS.2012.254
- P.C.Lohia and S.Sendh, "Energy Management and Performance Improvement in Telecommunication Server Rooms," IEEE International Telecommunications Energy Conference(INTELEC), pp.1-8, 2018.
- K.Sano, H.Shimizu, Y.Kondo and T.Fujimoto, "Improving Accuracy of Temperature Distribution and Energy-Saving Technology of Air Conditioners in Data Centers," IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, Vol.8, No.5, pp.811-817, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCPMT.2018.2811545
- K.A.Clark, Y.Chen, E.R.N.Fokua, T.Bradley, F.Poletti, D.J.Richardson, P.Bayvel, R.Slavík and Z.Liu, "Low Thermal Sensitivity Hollow Core Fiber for Optically-Switched Data Centers," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol.38, No.9, pp.2703-2709, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1109/JLT.2020.2979143
- P.Narkhede, B.Kiratkar, and B.Suryawanshi, "Physical Conditions Monitoring in Server Room Internet of Things," International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Research, Vol.3, No.4, pp.237-239, 2015.
- K.Cho, "Design and Diagnosis Case of Energy Eefficiency Diagnostic Solution based on IoT," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.6, No.1, pp.23-30, 2020. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2020.6.1.023
- K.Bang, "A study on IoT Platform for Private Electrical Facilities Management," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.5, No.2, pp.103-110, 2019. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2019.5.2.103
- J.K.Park and K.Nam, "Implementation of Multiple Sensor Data Fusion Algorithm for Fire Detection System," Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information Vol.25 No.7, pp.9-16, 2020. https://doi.org/10.9708/JKSCI.2020.25.07.009
- K.Zannas, H.E.Matbouly, Y.Duroc and S.Tedjini, "Self-Tuning RFID Tag: A New Approach for Temperature Sensing," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol.66, No.12, pp.5885-5893, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2018.2878568
- K.Jang, "A Study on IoT Platform for Private Electrical Facilities Management," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.5, No.2, pp.103-110, 2020. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2019.5.2.103
- B.Knowles, A.Smith-Renner, F.Poursabzi-Sangdeh, D.Lu and H.Alabi, "Uncertainty in Current and Future Health Wearables," Communications of the ACM, Vol.61, No.12, pp.62-67, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1145/3199201
- J.Lee, "Analysis of the Hardware Structures of the IoT Device Platforms for the Minimal Power Consumption," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.6, No.2, pp.11-18, 2020. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2020.6.2.011
- LG ThinQ, https://thinqcloud.developer.lge.com/.
- DIGI XBee, https://www.digi.com/xbee.
- J.K.Park, Y.H.Roh, K.H,Nam and H.Y.Seo, "Fire Detection Method using IoT and Wireless Sensor Network," Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol.24, No.8, pp.131-136, 2019. https://doi.org/10.9708/JKSCI.2019.24.08.131