- Volume 23 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Development of Fluxgate Sensor-based Drone Magnetic Exploration System
플럭스게이트 센서 기반 드론 자력탐사 시스템 개발
- Noh, Myounggun (GEOLUX, Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Seulki (GEOLUX, Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Heuisoon (GEOLUX, Co., Ltd.) ;
- Ahn, Taegyu (GEOLUX, Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2020.06.10
- Accepted : 2020.08.18
- Published : 2020.08.31
In this study, we have developed a drone magnetic exploration system (proto-type) using a fluxgate magnetic sensor. Hardware of the system consists of a fluxgate magnetometer, an inertial measurement unit (IMU), a GPS, and a communication module. And we have developed monitoring software, which enables it to transmit the measured data to the ground control system (GCS) in real time. The measured magnetic data are finally saved as 1 Hz data after passing through a notch filter and a band-pass filter. For verification of this system, a preliminary test was conducted to check the magnetic responses of a magnetic object first, then the field test was carried out in two iron mines. We tested the developed system on the field test in Pocheon, Gyeonggi and Jeongseon, Gangwon. The magnetic data from the developed drone system was very similar to those from unmanned airship system developed by Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (KIGAM). As a result, preliminary experiment and field test have demonstrated that this system is applicable for outdoor aeromagnetic exploration. It requires more studies to improve filter function and instrument performance to minimize noise in the future.
- Boris, S., and Sergei, C., 2016, Reducing Magnetic Noise of an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle for High-Quality Magnetic Surveys, International Journal of Geophysics, Article ID 4098275, 1-7, doi: 10.1155/2016/4098275.
- Cho, S. J., Park, G. S., Sung, N. H., and Park, J. S., 2010, Demonstration Study on Unmaned Airship Based Magnetic Survey System, 2010 KSEG Conference, 151-152.
- DJI, 2017, https://www.dji.com/kr/matrice600-pro (November 16, 2016 Accessed)
- Kim, C. H., and Park, C. H., 2010, A Study on Geophysical Characteristics and Regional Geological Structures of the Southwestern Yellow Sea of Korea using Gravity and Magnetic Data, Journal of the Korean Earth Science Society, 31(3), 214-224, doi: 10.5467/jkess.2010.31.3.214.
- Levell, J. W., Clow, A. F., van Dujin, B., Franken, P., and Campman, X., 2018, Drones for Deploying Seismic Nodes: For Those Hard to Reach Places, 80th EAGE Conference and Exhibition, 1-5, doi: 10.3997/2214-4609.201801401.
- Macharet, D., Perez-Imaz, H., Rezeck, P., Potje, G., Benyosef, L., Wiermann, A., Freitas, G., Garcia, L., and Campos, M., 2016, Autonomous Aeromagnetic Surveys Using a Fluxgate Magnetometer, Sensors, 16(12), 2169, doi.org: 10.3390/s16122169.
- Min, D. M., and Oh, S. H., 2017. A Study on the Application of Drone Based Aeromagnetic Survey System to Iron Mine Site, Jounal of the Korean Earth Science Society, 38(4), 251-262, doi: 10.5467/jkess.2017.38.4.251.
- Park, G. S., Ryu, H. Y., Yang, J. M., Lee, H. S., Kwon, B. D., Eom, J. Y., Kim, D. O., and Park, C. H., 2008, Analysis of the Geological Structure of the Hwasan Caldera Using Potential Data, Journal of the Korean Earth Science Society, 29(1), 1-12, doi: 10.5467/jkess.2008.29.1.001.