- Volume 6 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Convergence of Spatial Equity of Medical Welfare Facilities for Older Persons and Services
노인의료복지시설과 서비스의 공간적 형평성 융합 연구
- Lee, Seong-Jin (Department of Industry Business, Changwon University) ;
- Youn, Ki-Hyok (Department of Social Welfare, Tongmyong University)
- Received : 2020.02.20
- Accepted : 2020.03.23
- Published : 2020.06.30
The study aims to measure and analysis the spatial equity of Medical welfare facilities for older persons and services, and, based on this, to seek the plan to secure the fairness. To this end, the research was carried out by converging the studies of geography and regional development for the equity of social welfare studies and space arrangement on types and functions of Medical welfare facilities for older persons. The main results of the study showed that, first, in case of the spatial arrangement(desire-to-service), Medical welfare facilities for older persons are located in all areas of cities(Si) and counties(Gun) but mostly existing in cities. Second, in case of the equity of regional distribution of Medical welfare facilities for older persons, it can say the equity in Gun is higher than Si, comparing the regions of Si and Gun. Third, in case of spatial equity of sanatorium for older persons, the spatial equity of care facilities for older persons showed statistical difference depending on the time required to reach the facility, but no difference on distance. This study made various suggestions based on the results of the above research, and suggested the necessity of convergence studies grafting technologies such as AI and the Internet of Things.
- K.I.Park, "Social Welfare Policy," Gyeonggi-do: Community Publishing Company, 2016.
- B.K.Shin, K.I.Park, and M.H.Lee, "Social Welfare Administration, "Gyeonggi-do:Community Publishing Company, 2014.
- H.S.Ahn, "Discussion on the Use of Artificial Intelligence in the Field of Health and Welfare for the Elderly," Social Welfare Policy, Vol.43, No.3, pp.59-83, 2016.
- H.J.Noh and H.J.Kim, "Types of income movements of the poor after the economic crisis," Korean Social Security Studies, Vol.35, No.2, pp.35-61, 2019.
- S.J.Choi, and K.M.Nam, "Social Welfare Administration," Seoul: Nanam, 2014.
- J.S.Choi and Y.R.Yang, "Welfare Experience and Needs of Rural elderly," Korean Journal of Qualitative Research in Social Welfare, Vol.9, No.1, pp.295-313, 2015.
- K.W.Um, "A Study on the Equity of Welfare Programs for Elders Living at Home According to Area and Service Type," Journal of Community Welfare, Vol.20, pp.1-19, 2006.
- K.H.Lee, "A Scheme on Anomaly Prevention for Systems in IoT Environment," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.5, No.2, pp.95-101, 2019. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2019.5.2.095
- S.H.Lee, "A Study on an Improvement Method of Social Equity in Using the Public Space-Focused on Main Square in Seoul Cityl," Archives of Design Research, Vol.17, No.1, pp.45-64, 2016.
- K.S.Kim, "A Study on Spatial Equity of Opportunities to Use Public Childcare Services Focusing on National/Public Childcare Centers in Seoul," Seoul Studies, Vol.17, No.1, pp.45-64, 2016.
- H.J.Kim, S.W.Lee, and D.H.Cho, "An Analysis of Spatial Equity and Locational Efficiency of Public Healthcare Facilities in Rural Areas," Journal of Rural Development, Vol.34, No.4, pp.1-24, 2011.
- J.W.Park, D.S.Yark, and J.Y.Lee, "Regional Development: Theory&Policy "Gyeonggi-do: Community Publishing Company, 2014
- K.H.Youn and J.Y.Lee, "The Effect of Social Support on Service Quality of Youth Training Facility Employees in Internet of Thing Environment: The Mediating Effect of Empowerment," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.6, No.1, pp.31-38, 2020. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2020.6.1.031
- Y.H.Lee, "The Internet of Things in Health and Welfare: Applications and Opportunities," Health and welfare policy forum, No.238, pp.31-43, 2016.
- T.H.Jo and Y.J.Sohn, "Discussion on the Use of Artificial Intelligence in the Field of Health and Welfare for the Elderly," Journal of the Korean Academy of Health and Welfare for Elderly, Vol.10, No.1, pp.51-63, 2018.