- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study on Reduction Unburned Carbon Contents in Low Quality Fly Ash from Vietnam
베트남 저품위 비산재의 미연탄소 함량 저감 연구
- Kim, Keeseok (Sejong E&C Co. Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Jaewon (Sejong E&C Co. Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Dongwon (Sejong E&C Co. Ltd.) ;
- Min, Kyongnam (Sejong E&C Co. Ltd.)
- Received : 2020.02.20
- Accepted : 2020.04.01
- Published : 2020.04.30
According to Vietnam government establishes additional thermal power plant, processing the coal ash from power plant is urgent issue. This study targeted reducing unburned carbon contents in low quality fly ash to below 6% that according to international standards. As a result, the unburned carbon contents of low quality fly ash was high and irregular as 5.3~23.6%, and it was possible to reduce unburned cabon contents to under 6%, in case of unburned carbon contents below 9.8% ashes using air classification, in case of unburned carbon contents below 23.6% ashes using combined process composed of air classification and electrostatic separation.
- Jonggil Kwon, 2007 : Purification of coal fly ash by cynamic separation type air classifier, Seoul National University of Science and Technology.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Water (4303), 2001 : Coal Remining-Best Management Practieces Guidance Manual, EPA-821-B-01-010.
- Duc Thang Pham, V. G. Vitkalov, Nhoc Huynh Pham, 2018 : Coal industry development strategy and applicability of mechanized longwall mining in Quang Ninh Province, Vietnam, Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin, 8, pp.65-70. https://doi.org/10.25018/0236-1493-2018-8-0-65-70
- TCVN 10302, 2014 : Activity admixture - Fly ash for concrete, mortar and cement.
- Kyongnam Min, Jeawon Lee, Dongwon Lee, et al., 2017 : Analysis of pysical and chemical properties of CFBC fly ash in vietnam for solidification, J. of Engineering Geology, 27, pp.245-253.
- Jaekeun Lee, Seongchan Kim, Nagwon Son, et al., 1997 : Triboelectrostatic separation of unburned carbon from flyash for ash recycling, J. of Korean Inst. of Resources Recycling, 6(3), pp.15-21.
- Hosokawa Micron Powder Systems : Alpine TTC Turbo Twin Air Classifier, https://www.hmicronpowder.com/products/product/alpine-ttc-turbo-twin-air-classifier
- Ohhyung Han, Hyunho Kang, 2003 : Separation of high purity and high carbon fly ash by electrostatic method, J. of Korean Inst. of Resources Recycling, 12(2), pp.45-53.
- ST Equipment & Technilogy, https://steqtech.com/technology/products/, February 19, 2020.
- ASTM C 114, 2018 : Standard Test Method for Chemical Analysis of Hydraulic Cement.