- Volume 23 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
SORET AND DUFOUR EFFECTS ON RADIATIVE HYDROMAGNETIC FLOW OF A CHEMICALLY REACTING FLUID OVER AN EXPONENTIALLY ACCELERATED INCLINED POROUS PLATE IN PRESENCE OF HEAT ABSORPTION AND VISCOUS DISSIPATION
- VENKATESWARLU, M. (DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, V. R. SIDDHARTHA ENGINEERING COLLEGE) ;
- BHASKAR, P. (DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, SHRI VENKATESHWARA UNIVERSITY) ;
- LAKSHMI, D. VENKATA (DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, BAPATLA WOMEN'S ENGINEERING COLLEGE)
- Received : 2019.03.10
- Accepted : 2019.09.04
- Published : 2019.09.25
The present correspondence is conveyed on to consider the fascinating and novel characteristics of radiative hydromagnetic convective flow of a chemically reacting fluid over an exponentially accelerated inclined porous plate. Exact solutions for the fluid velocity, temperature and species concentration, under Boussinesq approximation, are obtained in closed form by the two term perturbation technique. The interesting parts of thermal dispersing outcomes are accounted in this correspondence. Graphical evaluation is appeared to depict the trademark direct of introduced parameters on non dimensional velocity, temperature and concentration profiles. Also, the numerical assortment for skin friction coefficient, Nusselt number and Sherwood number is examined through tables. The certification of current examination is confirmed by making an examination with past revelations available in composing, which sets a benchmark for utilization of computational approach.
- Q. Li, G. Flamant, X. Yuan, P. Neveu and L. Luo: Compact heat exchangers: A review and future applications for a new generation of high temperature solar receivers, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 15 (2011), pp. 4855-4875. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2011.07.066
- M. L. Hunt and C. L. Tien: Non-darcian flow, heat and mass transfer in catalytic packed-bed reactors, Chemical Engineering Science, 45 (1990), pp. 55-63. https://doi.org/10.1016/0009-2509(90)87080-C
- G. Leccese, D. Bianchi, B. Betti, D. Lentini and F. Nasuti: Convective and radiative wall heat transfer in liquid rocket thrust chambers, Journal of Propulsion and Power, 34 (2018), pp. 318-326. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.B36589
- S. M. Khairnasov and A. M. Naumova: Heat pipes application to solar energy systems, Applied Solar Energy, 52 (2016), pp. 47-60. https://doi.org/10.3103/S0003701X16010060
- A. Postelnicu: Influence of a magnetic field on heat and mass transfer by natural convection from vertical surfaces in porous media considering Soret and Dufour effects, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer. 47 (2004), pp. 1467-1472. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2003.09.017
- M. S. Alam, M. Ferdows, M. Ota and M. A. Maleque: Dufour and Soret effects on steady free convection and mass transfer flow past a semi-infinite vertical porous plate in a porous medium, Int. J. Appld Mech. Eng. 11 (2006), pp.535-545.
- A. A. Afify: Similarity solution in MHD: Effects of thermal diffusion and diffusion thermo on free convective heat and mass transfer over a stretching surface considering suction or injection, Comm. Nonlinear Sci. Numer. Simu. 14 (2009), pp. 2202-2214. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cnsns.2008.07.001
- M. Venkateswarlu, G. V. Ramana Reddy and D. V. Lakshmi: Diffusion-thermo effects on MHD flow past an infinite vertical porous plate in the presence of radiation and chemical reaction, International Journal of Mathematical Archive. 4 (2013), pp. 39-51.
- P. O. Olanrewaju and O. D. Makinde: Effects of thermal diffusion and diffusion thermo on chemically reacting MHD boundary layer flow of heat and mass transfer past a moving vertical plate with suction /injection, Arab J. Sc. and Eng. 36 (2011), pp. 1607-1619. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-011-0143-8
- O. D. Makinde: On MHD mixed convection with soret and dufour effects past a vertical plate embedded in a porous medium, Latin American Applied Research . 41 (2011), pp. 63-68.
- M. Venkateswarlu and P. Padma: Unsteady MHD free convective heat and mass transfer in a boundary layer flow past a vertical permeable plate with thermal radiation and chemical reaction, Procedia Engineering. 127 (2015), pp. 791-797. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2015.11.414
- M. Venkateswarlu, G. Upender Reddy and D. Venkata Lakshmi: Influence of Hall current and heat source on MHD flow of a rotating fluid in a parallel porous plate channel, J. Korean Soc. Ind. Appl. Math. 22 (2018), pp. 217-239, 2018. https://doi.org/10.12941/JKSIAM.2018.22.217
- M. Venkateswarlu and D. Venkata Lakshmi: Dufour and chemical reaction effects on unsteady MHD flow of a viscous fluid in a parallel porous plate channel under the influence of slip condition, Journal of the Nigerian Mathematical Society. 36 (2017), pp. 369 - 397.
- G. S. Seth and S. Sarkar: Hydromagnetic natural convection flow with induced magnetic field and nth order chemical reaction of a heat absorbing fluid past an impulsively moving vertical plate with ramped temperature, Bulgarian Chemical Communications. 47 (2015), pp. 66-79.
- S. P. Anjali Devi and B. Ganga: Effects of viscous and joules dissipation on MHD flow, heat and mass transfer past a stretching porous surface embedded in a porous medium, Nonlinear Analysis: Modelling and Control, 14 (2009), pp. 303-314. https://doi.org/10.15388/NA.2009.14.3.14497
- A. Hussanan, M. Z. Salleh, I. Khan, R. M. Tahar and Z. Ismail: Soret effects on unteady magnetohydrodynamic mixed convection heat and mass transfer flow in a porous medium with Newtonian heating, MaejoInt. J. Sci. Technol. 9 (2015), pp.224-245.
- N. Vedavathi, K. Ramakrishna and K. J. Reddy: Radiation and mass transfer effects on unsteady MHD convective flow past an infinite vertical plate with Dufour and Soret Effects, Ain Shams Engineering Journal. 6 (2015), pp. 363-371. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asej.2014.09.009
- G. S. Seth, B. Kumbhakar and S. Sarkar: Unsteady hydromagnetic natural convection flow with heat and mass transfer of a thermally radiating and chemically reactive fluid past a vertical plate with Newtonian heating and time dependent free stream, International Journal of Heat and Technology. 32 (2014), pp. 87-94.
- M. Venkateswarlu, G. V. Ramana Reddy and D. V. Lakshmi: Thermal diffusion and radiation effects on unsteady MHD free convection heat and mass transfer flow past a linearly accelerated vertical porous plate with variable temperature and mass diffusion, J. Korean Soc. Ind. Appl. Math. 18 (2014), pp. 257 - 268. https://doi.org/10.12941/jksiam.2014.18.257
- M. S. Alam, M. M. Rahman and M. A. Sattar: MHD free convective heat and mass transfer flow past an inclined surface with heat generation, Thammasat International Journal of Science and Technology. 11 (2006), pp. 1-8.
- R. S. Tripathy, G. C. Dash, S. R. Mishra and S. Baag: Chemical reaction effect on MHD free convective surface over a moving vertical plate through porous medium, Alexandria Engineering Journal. 54 (2015), pp.673-679. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aej.2015.04.012
- M. Venkateswarlu and O. D. Makinde: Unsteady MHD slip flow with radiative heat and mass transfer over an inclined plate embedded in a porous medium, Defect and Diffusion Forum, 384 (2018), pp. 31-48. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/DDF.384.31
- M. Gnaneswara Reddy, P. Padma and B. Bandari Shankar: Effects of viscous dissipation and heat source on unsteady MHD flow over a stretching sheet, Ain Shams Engineering Journal, 6, (2015), pp.1195-1201. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asej.2015.04.006
- M. Venkateswarlu, G. V. Ramana Reddy and D. V. Lakshmi: Effects of chemical reaction and heat generation on MHD boundary layer flow of a moving vertical plate with suction and dissipation, Engineering International. 1 (2013), pp. 27-38. https://doi.org/10.18034/ei.v1i1.215
- V. Malapati and V. L. Dasari: Soret and chemical reaction effects on the radiative MHD flow from an infinite vertical plate, J. Korean Soc. Ind. Appl. Math. 21 (2017), pp. 39-61. https://doi.org/10.12941/jksiam.2017.21.039
- E. Magyari and A. Pantokratoras: Note on the effect of thermal radiation in the linearized Rosseland approximation on the heat transfer characteristics of various boundary layer flows, Int. Commun. Heat and Mass Transfer. 38 (2011), pp. 554-556. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.icheatmasstransfer.2011.03.006
- M. Venkateswarlu, O. D. Makinde and P. Rami Reddy: Influence of Hall current and thermal diffusion on radiative hydromagnetic flow of a rotating fluid in presence of heat absorption, Journal of Nanofluids, 8 (2019), pp. 756-766. https://doi.org/10.1166/jon.2019.1638
- N. Siva Kumar, Rushi Kumar and A. G. Vijaya Kumar: Thermal diffusion and chemical reaction effects on unsteady flow past a vertical porous plate with heat source dependent in slip flow regime, Journal of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering. 13 (2016), pp. 51-62. https://doi.org/10.3329/jname.v13i1.20773
- M . Venkateswarlu, D. Venkata Lakshmi and G. Darmaiah: Influence of slip condition on radiative MHD flow of a viscous fluid in a parallel porous plate channel in presence of heat absorption and chemical reaction, J. Korean Soc. Ind. Appl. Math. 20 (2016), pp. 333-354. https://doi.org/10.12941/jksiam.2016.20.333