- Volume 11 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A case of functional abdominal pain with Gyejiyimahwangyil-tang
계지이마황일탕(桂枝二麻黃一湯) 투여 후 호전된 기능성 복통 1례
- Kim, Seulki (Kyunghee reborn Korean medical clinic)
- 김슬기 (경희리본한의원)
- Received : 2019.12.04
- Accepted : 2019.12.29
- Published : 2019.12.31
Objective : The purpose of the present study was to report the improvement of functional abdominal pain in a patient treated with a herb medication based on a disease pattern identification diagnostic system under the provision of Shanghanlun (DPIDS). Methods : According to DPIDS, the patient was diagnosed with Taeyang-byung, no. 25 provision, and was administered with Gyejiyimahwangyil-tang herb medication for 60 days. The severity of the abdominal pain was assessed with the five-point Likert scale. Results : The abdominal pain in the patient disappeared following treatment with Gyejiyimahwangyil-tang, which is described in the 25th provision of Shanghanlun. Conclusions : The present case report suggests that '瘧', a word in the 25th provision of Shanghanlun may indicate severe abdominal pain at nighttime and not just malaria.
- Beverly C. Visceral pain : the importance of pain management services. British Journal of Pain. 2013 ; 7(1) : 6-7. https://doi.org/10.1177/2049463713480138
- Korterink JJ, Diederen K, Benninga MA, Tabbers MM. Epidemiology of pediatric functional abdominal pain disorders : A Meta-Analysis. PLoS ONE. 2015 ; 10(5) : e0126982.
- Adam DF, Qasim A. Mechanisms and management of functional abdominal pain. Journal of the royal society of medicine. 2014 ; 107(9) : 347-54. https://doi.org/10.1177/0141076814540880
- Chang JK. Gangpyeong Shanhanlun. Seoul : KMediACs publishing house. 2013.
- Lim JE, Lee SJ. A case report form based on Shanghanlun six clinical patterns and provisions. Journal of Korean Medical Association of Clinical Sanghan-Geumgwe. 2013 ; 5(1) : 1-17.
- Rho YB, Lee JH, Ha HI. The Fundamental Meaning of Mai and Shanghanlun Provisions Based on Paleography. Journal of Korean Medical Association of Clinical Sanghan-Geumgwe. 2015 ; 7(1) : 1-14.
- Ha YS. The etymological dictionary of Chinese character. Busan : Publishing company. 2018 : 259,616,888.
- Heo J. Donguibogam. Seoul : Yeogang publishing company. 2005 : 015-53.