- Volume 25 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Study on Characteristics of Social Economy in Social Farming - Searching for social innovation possibilities -
사회적 농업의 사회적 경제 특성에 관한 연구 - 사회혁신 가능성의 탐색
- Yoo, Li-Na (Center for Food, Agricultural & Rural Policy) ;
- Hwang, Su-Chul (Center for Food, Agricultural & Rural Policy)
- Received : 2019.10.10
- Accepted : 2019.11.29
- Published : 2019.11.30
The aim of this paper is to identify the characteristics of social economy in social farming practices, and to explore three core factors of experiment, openness and locality, which have a significant impact on the working-mechanism of social innovation. Though a few social farming practice appear nowadays in Korea, it can be witnessed social economic factors such as cooperation between networks and solidarity actors, pursuing social values in social farming. On the basis of the conceptual framework on the social economy characteristics, this study examines case analysis in order to find the possibilities as a social innovation of the social farming. Three farms perform multiple functions of care, labour integration, training in farming area, and sometimes make collaboration work with artists and local residents. Social farming can be social innovation practices in the view of the interaction of experiments, openness and locality within the context of an innovation process, networking, enhancing social capital.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Borzaga C. and Bodini R., 2012, What to Make of Social Innovation? Towards a Framework for Policy Development, Social Policy & Society, Vol.13, No.3, 411-421.
- Bouchard Marie J. and Rousseliere Damien, 2015, The Weight of the Social Economy, P.I.E. Peter Lang.
- Byun, MiRee and Park, MinJin, 2019, Is Seoul Socially Innovative?: An analysis of the Seoul Metropolitan Government's social innovation policies, IDI Urban Study, Vol.15, 59-101.
- Dro I. and Therace A. eds, 2011, Empowering People, Driving Change, Social Innovation in the European Union.
- Jang, WonBong, 2009, Risks of Institutional Isomorphism in Developing Social Enterprise and its Alternatives, Citizen and World, Vol.15, 150-164.
- Jang, YongSeok and Hwang, JungYoon, 2018, Social Innovation in Public Value Convergence, Social Value and Social Innovation, Hanul Academy.
- Jung, TaeIn and Lee, SuYeon, 2013, Cooperative Economics, Redian.
- Kim, JungSeop et al., 2017a, A Study on Community Development Approaches in Rural Korea, KREI.
- Kim, JungSeop et al., 2017b, Social Farming in Rural Korea and Policy Direction, KREI.
- Kim, JungSeop, 2018, Social Farming as a Praxis to Deterritorialize Agriculture and Rural Communities: Case of Janggok-myeon, Hongseong-gun, Journal of Agricultural Extension & Community Development, Vol.25 No.3, 121-133. https://doi.org/10.12653/JECD.2018.25.3.0121
- Kim, KiTae et al., 2018, The Study on the Policy for Supporting Social Economy Activation in Rural Area, MAFRA.
- Ko, DongHyun et al., 2016, Social Economy and Social Value, Hanul Academy.
- Lee, HongTaek, 2018, A Conceptual Framework for the Sustainable Regional Ecosystem of Social Economy Enterprises: Reciprocity, Regard and Public Policy, Journal of the Economic Geographical Society of Korea, Vol.21, No.3, 254-269. https://doi.org/10.23841/EGSK.2018.21.3.254
- Mazzei, M., 2016, Understanding Difference: The Importance of Place in the Shaping of Local Social Economies, Vol.28, 2763-2784. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11266-016-9803-3
- Moon, ByungGi, 2016, An Analysis of the Identity by Social Enterprise Types: Focused on the Openness, Korean Policy Sciences Review, Vol.20, No.3, 27-53.
- Nesta, 2010, The Open Book of Social Innovation.
- Neumeier Stefan et al., 2012, Why Do Social Innovation in Rural Development Matter and Should They be Considered More Seriously in Rural Development Research? proposal for a stronger focus on social innovation in rural development research, Sociologia Ruralis, Vol.52, 48-69. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9523.2011.00553.x
- Neumeier Stefan, 2016, Social Innovation in Rural Development: identifying the key factors of success, the Geographical Journal, Vol.183, No.1, 34-46. https://doi.org/10.1111/geoj.12180
- Song, MiRyung et al., 2018, The Study on the Korean Model of Social Farming, MAFRA.
- Song, WiChin, 2016, Innovation Research and Social Innovation, Trend and Issue, Vol.27, STEPI.
- Stanfield, J. R., and Stanfield, J. B., 1997, Where has love gone? Reciprocity, redistribution, and thenurturance gap, Journal of Socio-Economics, Vol. 2, 111-126. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1053-5357(97)90028-7