Supported by : PSG Institution
- Ombelet W, Bosmans E, Janssen M, Cox A, Vlasselaer J, Gyselaers W, et al. Semen parameters in a fertile versus subfertile population: a need for change in the interpretation of semen testing. Hum Reprod 1997;12:987-93. https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/12.5.987
- Tomlinson MJ, Kessopoulou E, Barratt CL. The diagnostic and prognostic value of traditional semen parameters. J Androl 1999;20:588-93.
- Aitken RJ, Smith TB, Jobling MS, Baker MA, De Iuliis GN. Oxidative stress and male reproductive health. Asian J Androl 2014;16:31-8. https://doi.org/10.4103/1008-682X.122203
- Gavriliouk D, Aitken RJ. Damage to sperm DNA mediated by reactive oxygen species: its impact on human reproduction and the health trajectory of offspring. Adv Exp Med Biol 2015;868:23-47.
- Aitken RJ, Gibb Z, Baker MA, Drevet J, Gharagozloo P. Causes and consequences of oxidative stress in spermatozoa. Reprod Fertil Dev 2016;28:1-10. https://doi.org/10.1071/RD15325
- Aitken RJ. Reactive oxygen species as mediators of sperm capacitation and pathological damage. Mol Reprod Dev 2017;84:1039-52.
- Tremellen K. Oxidative stress and male infertility: a clinical perspective. Hum Reprod Update 2008;14:243-58. https://doi.org/10.1093/humupd/dmn004
- Agarwal A, Sekhon LH. The role of antioxidant therapy in the treatment of male infertility. Hum Fertil (Camb) 2010;13:217-25.
- World Health Organization. WHO laboratory manual for the examination and processing of human semen. 5th ed. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2010.
- Wrolstad RE, Acree TE, Decker EA, Penner MH, Reid DS, Schwartz SJ, et al. Handbook of food analytical chemistry: water, proteins, enzymes, lipids, and carbohydrates. New Jersey: Wiley; 2005.
- Garcia EJ, Oldoni TL, Alencar SM, Reis A, Loguercio AD, Grande RH. Antioxidant activity by DPPH assay of potential solutions to be applied on bleached teeth. Braz Dent J 2012;23:22-7. https://doi.org/10.1590/S0103-64402012000100004
- Cummins JM, Jequier AM, Kan R. Molecular biology of human male infertility: links with aging, mitochondrial genetics, and oxidative stress? Mol Reprod Dev 1994;37:345-62. https://doi.org/10.1002/mrd.1080370314
- Menkveld R, Wong WY, Lombard CJ, Wetzels AM, Thomas CM, Merkus HM, et al. Semen parameters, including WHO and strict criteria morphology, in a fertile and subfertile population: an effort towards standardization of in-vivo thresholds. Hum Reprod 2001;16:1165-71. https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/16.6.1165
- Agarwal A, Sharma RK, Nallella KP, Thomas AJ Jr, Alvarez JG, Sikka SC. Reactive oxygen species as an independent marker of male factor infertility. Fertil Steril 2006;86:878-85. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2006.02.111
- Griveau JF, Le Lannou D. Reactive oxygen species and human spermatozoa: physiology and pathology. Int J Androl 1997;20:61-9. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2605.1997.00044.x
- de Lamirande E, Gagnon C. Reactive oxygen species and human spermatozoa. II. Depletion of adenosine triphosphate plays an important role in the inhibition of sperm motility. J Androl 1992; 13:379-86.
- Shamsi MB, Venkatesh S, Kumar R, Gupta NP, Malhotra N, Singh N, et al. Antioxidant levels in blood and seminal plasma and their impact on sperm parameters in infertile men. Indian J Biochem Biophys 2010;47:38-43.
- Aitken RJ, Fisher HM, Fulton N, Gomez E, Knox W, Lewis B, et al. Reactive oxygen species generation by human spermatozoa is induced by exogenous NADPH and inhibited by the flavoprotein inhibitors diphenylene iodonium and quinacrine. Mol Reprod Dev 1997;47:468-82. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-2795(199708)47:4<468::AID-MRD14>3.0.CO;2-S
- Gonzalez-Marin C, Gosalvez J, Roy R. Types, causes, detection and repair of DNA fragmentation in animal and human sperm cells. Int J Mol Sci 2012;13:14026-52. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms131114026
- Dawson EB, Harris WA, Rankin WE, Charpentier LA, McGanity WJ. Effect of ascorbic acid on male fertility. Ann N Y Acad Sci 1987; 498:312-23. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1749-6632.1987.tb23770.x
- Suleiman SA, Ali ME, Zaki ZM, el-Malik EM, Nasr MA. Lipid peroxidation and human sperm motility: protective role of vitamin E. J Androl 1996;17:530-7.
- Lenzi A, Culasso F, Gandini L, Lombardo F, Dondero F. Placebocontrolled, double-blind, cross-over trial of glutathione therapy in male infertility. Hum Reprod 1993;8:1657-62. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.humrep.a137909