- Volume 67 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Design and Implementation of a Driver's Emotion Estimation based Application/Service Framework for Connected Cars
커넥티드 카를 위한 운전자 감성추론 기반의 차량 제어 및 애플리케이션/서비스 프레임워크
- Kook, Joongjin (Dept. of Information Security Engineering, Sangmyung University)
- Received : 2018.05.04
- Accepted : 2018.05.29
- Published : 2018.06.01
In this paper, we determined the driver's stress and fatigue level through physiological signals of a driver in the connected car environment, accordingly designing and implementing the architecture of the connected cars' platforms needed to provide services to make the driving environments comfortable and reduce the driver's fatigue level. It includes a gateway between AVN and ECU for the vehicle control, a framework for native applications and web applications based on AVN, and a sensing device and an emotion estimation engine for application services. This paper will provide the element technologies for the connected car-based convergence services and their implementation methods, and reference models for the service design.
- "Connected vs. Automated Vehicles as Generators of Useful Data," Center for Automotive Research(CAR), Sep. 2014.
- Joongjin Kook, "Design and Implementation of a Connected Car Platform Architecture for New ICT Convergence Services," Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 47-54, Oct. 2017.
- The Korea ROAD Traffic Authority, "Drowsiness driving accident occurrence status," KoROAD Report, 2015.
- Denso, Driver Status Monitor, Available from : https://www.denso.com/global/en/products-and-services/information-and-safety/pick-up/dsm/.
- AISIN SEIKI, Connected Car, Available from : http://www.aisin.com/technology/innovation/connected.
- Trywin, Dramoni, Available from : http://www.trywin.com.tw/zh_TW/products-content/id/96/.
- Volkswagen, Driver Alert System, Available from : http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/car-saftey/driver-alert-system.
- Melanie Swan, "Connected Car: Quantified Self becomes Quantified Car," Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks, vol. 4, pp. 2-29, Feb. 2015. https://doi.org/10.3390/jsan4010002
- AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. Prevalence of self-reported aggressive driving behavior: United States, 2014.
- Deffenbacher, J. L., Deffenbacher, D. M., Lynch, R. S., & Richards, T. L., "Anger, aggression, and resky behavior: a comparison of high and low anger drivers," Behaviour research and therapy, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 701-718, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0005-7967(02)00046-3
- Kwon D. S., Kwak Y. K., et al. "Emotion interaction system for a service robot," Proceedings of the 16th IEEE International Conference on Robot and Human Interactive Communication, pp. 351-356, Aug. 2007.
- Machot F. A., Mosa A. H., Dabbour K., Fasih A., Schwarzlmuller C., Ali M., Kyamakya K. "A novel real-time emotion detection system from audio streams based on Bayesian quadratic discriminate classifier for ADAS," Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Nonlinear Dynamics and Synchronization, pp. 1-5, Jul. 2011.
- J. Hernandez, D. McDuff, X, Benavides, J. Amores, P. Maes, R. W. Picard, "AutoEmotive: Bringing Empathy to the Driving Experience to Manage Stress," Proc. of the 2014 companion publication on Designing interactive systems, pp. 53-56, Jun. 2014.
- Jong-Suk Choi, Jae Won Bang, Hwan Heo, and Kang Ryoung Park, "Evaluation of Fear Using Nonintrusive Measurement of Multimodal Sensors," MDPI, Sensors, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 17507-17533, Jul. 2015. https://doi.org/10.3390/s150717507
- Mincheol Whang and Joasnag Lim, "A Physiological Approach to Affective Computing," Affective Computing, Focus on Emotion Expression, Synthesis and Recognition, Published by the I-Tech Education and Publishing Vienna, Austria, pp. 309-318, 2008.
- Helmut PRENDINGER and Mitsuru ISHIZUKA, "Human Physiology as a Basis for Designing and Evaluation Affective Communication with Life-Like Characters," IEICE Transactions of Information & Systems, vol. E88-D, no. 11, Nov. 2005.
- Korea Transportation Safety Authority, "Study on the type and cause analysis of traffic accident," Dec. 2012.