- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Preliminary Study on the Evaluation of Internal Exposure Effect by Radioactive Aerosol Generated During Decommissioning of NPPs by Using BiDAS
BiDAS를 적용한 원전 해체 공정 시 발생되는 방사성 에어로졸의 내부피폭 영향평가 사전 연구
- Song, Jong Soon (Chosun University) ;
- Lee, Hak Yun (Chosun University) ;
- Kim, Sun Il (Chosun University)
- Received : 2018.02.19
- Accepted : 2018.08.08
- Published : 2018.12.31
Radioactive aerosol generated in cutting and melting work during the NPP decommissioning process can cause internal exposure to body through workers' breath. Thus, it is necessary to assess worker internal exposure due to the radioactive aerosol during decommissioning. The actually measured value of the working environment is needed for accurate assessment of internal exposure, but if it is difficult to actually measure that value, the internal exposure dose can be estimated through recommended values such as the fraction of amount of intake and the size of particles suggested by the International Committee on Radiological Protection (ICRP). As for the selection of particle size, this study applied a value of
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- M. Lippmann and R. E. Albert, "The Effect of Particle Size on the Regional Deposition of Inhaled Aerosols in the Human Respiratory Tract", American Industrial Hygiene Association Journal, 30(3), 257-275 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1080/0002889698506043
- P. Aker, T. Feigenbaum, M. Meisner, and M. Thomas, "Maine Yankee Decommissioning Experience Report", Electric Power Research Institute, EPRI Detailed Experience Report, ENT000164 (2012).
- S. Bushart, B. Couture, J. Fan, R. Haight, and C. Melin, "Connecticut Yankee Decommissioning Experience Report", Electric Power Research Institute, EPRI Technical Report, 1013511 (2006).
- Energiewerke Nord, "Experience from Greifswald NPP Decommissioning in Germany", EWN Final Report, P5cDel03Rev02-EIA-R-Chapter 11 (2013).
- J.I. Lee, J.L. Kim, and B.H. Kim, "International Exercise on Internal Dose Assessment in Korea", J. Radiol. Prot., 36(2), 64-70 (2011).
- International Commission on Radiological Protection, "Individual Monitoring for Internal Exposure of Workers (Preface and glossary missing)", Publication 78, Ann. ICRP 27(3-4) (1997).
- B.H. Kim, S.Y. Young, T.Y. Lee, and J.L. Jang, "Development of Environmental Radiation Protection Technology", Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, KAERI Final Research Report, KAERI/RR-2801/2006 (2006).
- J.M. Valdivieso, "Decommissioning Strategy & Method & Design Characteristics and Action Plan for Decommissioning", Proc. of the 2018 WES Education, May 28-June 1, 2018, Republic of Korea.
- Energiewerke Nord, "Environmental Impact Assessment Report for the Decommissioning of Units 1 to 4 at Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant", EWN Final Report, Pl6Del09Rev02-EIA-R-Chapter 1 (2013).
- Energiewerke Nord, "Environmental Impact Assessment Report for the Facility for Treatment and Conditioning of Radioactive Waste with a High Volume Reduction Factor at Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant", EWN Final Report, P5Cd03Rev.02-EIA-R-Chapter 4 (2013).