- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A study on attitude toward cadaver donation and change of intention toward cadaver donation after participation in cadaver dissection among paramedical students
보건의료계열 대학생들의 시신기증에 대한 태도와 카데바 해부실습 참여 후 시신기증 의향의 변화
- Cho, Keun-Ja (Department of Emergency Medical Service, Kongju National University)
- 조근자 (공주대학교 응급구조학과)
- Received : 2018.11.09
- Accepted : 2018.12.16
- Published : 2018.12.31
Purpose: This study aimed to assess the attitude toward cadaver donation and change of intention toward cadaver donation after participation in cadaver dissection among paramedical students, and then to provide basic data to extend wholesome culture toward cadaver donation. Methods: This study was conducted among 298 freshmen via questionnaire survey. The attitude toward the cadaver donation questionnaire consisted of 12 items on a 5 Likert scale. Data were collected before and after participation in cadaver dissection with the agreement of subjects. The data were analyzed using SPSS version 24.0. Results: This study showed that attitude toward cadaver donation was significantly different according to gender (p=.027) and major (p=.035). The attitude score toward cadaver donation was 3.45 points. The rate of positive intention toward cadaver donation before participation in cadaver dissection was 46.5%. The rate of change of intention toward cadaver donation after participation in cadaver dissection was 25.9%. Among 25.9% of subjects, the intention of 56.3% was changed from positive to negative, and the intentions of 42.1% changed from negative to positive. Conclusion: The results of this study the need to provide an educational program to improve the understanding and knowledge toward cadaver donation before participation in cadaver dissection among paramedical students.
- Son IA, Son MJ, Jeong GB. The effect of education in anatomy using cadavers to the paramedic students. Journal of the Korea Contents Association 2013;13(2):341-7. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.02.341 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.02.341
- Yoo HH, Song CH, Han EH, Kim HT. The effect of education program of cadaver dissection for the paramedical students. Korean J Phys Anthropol 2014;27(3):145-54. https://doi.org/10.11637/kjpa.2014.27.3.145 https://doi.org/10.11637/kjpa.2014.27.3.145
- Choi SH, Han EH, Chai OH, Kim HT, Song CH. Demographic characteristics of cadaver donors-One hundred ten cadaver donors at Chonbuk National University Medical School-. Korean J Phys Anthropol 2009;22(3):195-203. https://doi.org/10.11637/kjpa.2009.22.3.195 https://doi.org/10.11637/kjpa.2009.22.3.195
- Hwang SJ, Lee EY, Heo YD, Hurh SR, Sohn HJ. Social characteristics of the registrant of the body donation program in medical school of Chungbuk National University. Korean J Phys Anthropol 2012;25(2):87-94. https://doi.org/10.11637/kjpa.2012.25.2.87 https://doi.org/10.11637/kjpa.2012.25.2.87
- Kim DJ. A study on influencing factor toward attitude on organ donation. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University 2003, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee JJ. The study on impact factors and promotion remedies of body donation. Unpublished master's thesis, Catholic University of Korea 2011, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim WS. The effect of observation program of cadaver dissection for the paramedical students. Korean J Phys Anthropol 2012;25(2):77-86. https://doi.org/10.11637/kjpa.2012.25.2.77 https://doi.org/10.11637/kjpa.2012.25.2.77
- Kim DY. Questionnaire survey analysis on necessity of cadaveric dissection for nursing students - In scope of nursing students and professors -. Korean J Phys Anthropol 2015;28(2):119-25. https://doi.org/10.11637/kjpa.2015.28.2.119 https://doi.org/10.11637/kjpa.2015.28.2.119
- Kim SH. Nurse's attitudes on organ donation in brain dead donors. Korean J Hosp Palliat Care 2006;9(1):11-6.
- Lee JA. The knowledge and attitude of medical students towards the organ donation. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University 2007, Seoul, Korea.
- Choi HJ. The effect of university students' knowledge on attitude and practice will to organ donation in brain dead donors. Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University 2012, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim MR. Knowledge, attitude and educational needs of hospital staff on organ transplantation from brain-dead donors. Unpublished master's thesis, Inje University 2015, Gimhae, Korea.
- Joung HY. A study on the attitude toward brain death organ donation of college student. Unpublished master's thesis, Inje University 2015, Gimhae, Korea.
- Lee SO. A study on the knowledge and practice will toward organ donation among university students. Asia-Pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology 2017;7(9):417-28. https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2017.09.51