- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Educational Service Quality on Student Performance through Student Satisfaction
교육서비스품질이 학생만족도를 매개로 교육성과에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2017.02.07
- Accepted : 2017.03.14
- Published : 2017.04.30
With a remarkable and rapid change of universities in Korea, the role of universities has been changed from a traditional education supplier to a demander. Both the remarkable decrease of the number of entering students and the advent of an open education market are enforcing the universities to be changed. Universities should provide a variety of educational services in accordance with the students' needs. This study is based on the systematical Kuh's model which the educational service quality provide a decision making of alternative plan. This research is purposed to empirically study the effects of educational service quality(circumstance index, input index, participate index, output index) provided by universities on student satisfaction and educational performance(Perceived usefulness, Education Achievement). The results of this research follows; first, circumstance index, input index and output index significantly effect student satisfaction, but participate index does not effect satisfaction. Second, student satisfaction significantly effects on the educational performance.
- Bae, Soo-Won(2006), Empirical Research on Structural Relationship of Education Service Quality, Student Satisfaction, Relation Quality and Behavior Intention; a Case of the Self-supporting Private High Schools, Pukyoung National University Doctoral thesis.
- Bailey, J. E. & Pearson, S. W.(1983). Development of a Tool for Measuring and Analyzing Computer User Satisfaction, Management Science 29(5), 530-545. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.29.5.530
- Choi, Kee-Hyun (2008), The Structural Relationship of Service Evaluation in Tourism Education of Universities, International Journal Tourism Science, 32(2), 13-37.
- Cohen, J.(1998), "Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Science(2nd ed), Hillside, New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Kim Hyeongyu So, Won-Hyun & Kim, Ha-kyun (2015). Effecting the System Characteristic and Individual Characteristic of Computerized Tax Accounting to Education Performance through Education Satisfaction; Based on KcLep Education Students of Korean Association of Certified Public Tax Accountants, Journal of Fishier and Marin Educational Research, 27(1), 1-12.
- Kim, Hyun-Gyu(2015). The Effect of Characteristic Variables on Education Performance in Education of Computerized Tax Accounting, Pukyoung National University Doctoral thesis.
- Kim, Young-Hwan & Choi, Soo-Il(2009), Effects of Perceived Service Quality, Usefulness and Easiness on the Consumer Satisfaction and the Continuos Use Intention of IPTV, 9(10), 314-327.
- Kim, Young-Pyo(2016). The Impact of Quality of University Education Service on Students' Satisfaction and Switching Intention, Journal of The Korea Academic Society Of Tourism And Leisure, 28(10), 115-131.
- Kuh, G. D.(1981). "Indices of Quality in the Undergraduate Experience," AAHE-ERIC, Higher Education Research Report No.4. Washington, D. C.: American Association for Higher Education.
- Lee, Ki-Jong . Park, Ji-Hye & Park, Hye-Young (2011), Developing Indicators for Evaluating Educational Performance of 2-year Colleges in South Korea, The Journal of Vocational Education Research, 30(1), 151-169.
- Lee, Kyoung-Cheol(2004). An Empirical Study of the Causal Model about University Education Service Quality and Behavior Intention, Korean Traditional Business Studies, 18(1), 176-198.
- Lee, Seon-Pyo & Jin, Dong-Min(2008). An Empirical Research on the Satisfaction of Accounting Education, Accounting Information Research 26(4), 97-112.
- Lee, Seul-Bi & Lee, Yon-Suk(2011), Middle School Student's Educational Interest and Perception of Usefulness on the Contents of the Unit of 'Understanding of Adolescents' in Technology Home Economics Textbook, 23(1), 53-71.
- Lovelock, C. H.(1983). Classifying Services to Gain Strategic Marketing Insight, Journal of Marketing, 5, 329-340
- Noh, Jeong-Hee & Choi, Jin-Young(2012), Structural Relationships among Education Service Quality, Stuent Satisfaction and Loyalty-Focused on the Moderating Effects of the Type of Tourism-Related High School, Korea Journal of Tourism Research, 27(3), 77-98.
- Park, Moon-Gon(2006). A Study on Performance Assessment for Local Government Double-entry Bookkeeping Accounting Information System, Graduate School of Wonkwang University Doctoral thesis.
- Seddon, P. B.(1997). A Re-specification and Extension of the DeLone and Mclean Model of IS Success, Information Systems Research 8(3), 240-253. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.8.3.240
- So, Won-Hyun . Kim Ha-Kyun(2013). The Effects of Transfer of Education Training on Korean Enterprise Revitalization : Focusing on Characteristics of Education Training Program and Organization Characteristics in Cyber Education, journal of Fishier and Marin Educational Research, 25(3), 661-676.
- Zhang, Yu(2012). A Study on the Impact of University Education Service Quality on Education Performance, Daejeon University Doctoral thesis.