- Volume 66 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development and Analysis of Korea Open Source Motion System based on Real-Time Ethernet
실시간 이더넷 기반의 한국형 오픈소스 모션 시스템 개발 및 분석
- Lim, Sun (Korea Electronic Technology Institute) ;
- Lee, Seung-Yong (Korea Electronic Technology Institute) ;
- Kim, Ji-Hyun (Korea Electronic Technology Institute) ;
- Jung, Il-Kyun (Korea Electronic Technology Institute)
- Received : 2016.12.02
- Accepted : 2016.12.22
- Published : 2017.01.01
KOSMOS is Korea Open Source MOtion System which is developed based on general purpose hardware and open source software. It is aiming at IEC 61131-3 standard. Real-time ethernet has several advantages for motion control system and distributed control system. So, considering this advantages, KOSMOS has the network interface made up of Real-time ethernet, EtherCAT. In this paper, we explain the KOSMOS platform, the performance for real-time task and show the real case applying KOSMOS platform in manipulator control system.
Grant : 생산자동화를 위한 표준지향 한국형 오픈 소스 모션 플랫폼 기반 범용 모션 제어기 개발
Supported by : 산업통상자원부
- EtherCAT, "EterCAT Technology Group", Available Online: https://www.ethercat.org/default.htm
- Minyoung Sung, Kanghee Kim, et al., "An EtherCAT-based Motor drive for High precision Motion systems," 2011 9th International Conference on Industrial Informatics. IEEE, pp. 163-168, 2011.
- Minyoung Sung, Kanghee Kim. "Implementation and Analysis of a Networked Motor Drive using Real-Time Ethernet" KIISE Transactions on Computing Practices, vol 17, no 8, pp 457-462, 2011.
- POWERLINK, "Ethernet Powerlink", Available Online: http://www.ethernet-powerlink.org/
- V. Stefano, et al., "Real-time Ethernet networks for motion control," Computer standards & interfaces, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 465-476, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csi.2011.01.005
- C. Kim, I. Kim, and T. Kim, "Xenomai-based Embedded Controller for High-Precision, Synchronized Motion Applications," KIISE Transactions on Computing Practices, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 173-182, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5626/KTCP.2015.21.3.173
- Xenomai, "Real-time frame for Linux", Available Online: https://xenomai.org/
- B. Antonio, et al., "Performance comparison of VxWorks, linux, RTAI and xenomai in a hard real-time application," in Proc. IEEE Real-Time Conference, pp. 1-5, 2007.
- B. Jeremy H., and B. Martin, "How fast is fast enough? choosing between Xenomai and Linux for real-time applications," in proc. the 12th Real-Time Linux Workshop (RTLWS'12), pp. 1-17, 2010.
- M. D. Marieska, A. I. Kistijantoro, and M. Subair, "Analysis and benchmarking performance of Real Time Patch Linux and Xenomai in serving a real time application," in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Informatics (ICEEI), pp. 1-6, 2011.
- J. Koh, and B. Choi, "Real-time performance of real-time mechanisms for rtai and xenomai in various running conditions," International Journal of Control and Automation, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 235-246, 2013.
- Wei, Hongxing, et al., "RT-ROS: A real-time ROS architecture on multi-core processors.", in Future Generation Computer Systems, pp 171-178, 2016.
- Sharma, Mridula, Haytham Elmiligi, and Fayez Gebali, "Simulations and performance evaluation of Real-Time Multi-core Systems.", Computer Engineering & Systems (ICCES), pp 214-218, 2014.
- Beremiz, "Home Page of Beremiz", Available Online: http://www.beremiz.org/
- IgH, "IgH EtherCAT Master for Linux", Available Online: http://www.etherlab.org/en/ethercat/
- IEC 61131-3 : the third part (of 10) of the open international standard IEC 61131 for programmable logic controllers.
- Adeos, "The Adeos Project", Available Online: http://home.gna.org/adeos/
- "Using EtherCAT for Industrial Control Communication", Available Online: http://www2.advantech.com/ePlatform/Motherboards/Whitepaper.aspx?doc_id=bbe5d7b7-4148-4efa-b0ae-c569cbf94c90