- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
PI Controller Design Based on Characteristic Parameters and Zero Position Adjustment for an Oil Cooler System
오일쿨러시스템의 특성근과 영점 조절에 의한 고성능 PI 제어기 설계
- Choi, Do-Kyung (Department of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineering, Graduate School, PKNU) ;
- Jeong, Seok-Kwon (Department of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineering, PKNU)
- Received : 2016.07.08
- Accepted : 2016.08.09
- Published : 2016.08.31
This study proposes a high-performance PI controller design method for an oil cooler system in conjunction with zero position adjustment and the characteristic parameters in its closed loop control system. The characteristic parameters included PI gains are decided by design specifications such as settling time and overshoot. The fine tuning on decided gains was performed by adjustment the zero position to get more desirable control performances. The simulations and experimental results show that the proposed PI controller design for an oil cooler system was possible to accomplish good control performances and to satisfy the design specifications.
Supported by : 부경대학교
- Y. M. Jung, S. K. Jeong and J. H. Yang, 2013, "PI Controller Design of the Refrigeration System Based on Dynamic Characteristic of the Second Order Model", Journal of The Korean Society for Power System Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 200-206.
- Y. M. Jung, J. Y. Byun, J. I. Yoon and S. K. Jeong, 2009, "A Study on High Precision Temperature Control of an Oil Cooler for Machine Tools Using Hot-gas Bypass Method", Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, Vol. 33, No. 7, pp. 1003-1011. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2009.33.7.1003
- M. F. Golnaraghi and B. C. Benjamin, 2009, "Automatic Control System", John Wiley & Sons, 9th Edition.
- Y. M. Jung and S. K. Jeong, 2014, "Optimum PI Controller Design for an Oil Cooler System Using GA", Journal of the Korean Society for Power System Engineering, Vol. 18, No.5, pp. 28-34. https://doi.org/10.9726/kspse.2014.18.5.028
- S. K. Jeong and K. H. Hong, 2013, "Optimal PI Controller Design for Refrigeration System Considering Disturbance", SAREK, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 085-093.
- H. Li, S. S. You, S. K. Jeong, 2009, "Feedforward Control of Capacity and Superheat for a Variable Speed Refrigeration System", Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 29, pp. 1067-1074. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2008.05.022
- S. K. Jeong and S. H. Kim, 2011, "Optimum Controller Design of a Water Cooler for Machine Tools Based on the State Space Model", SAREK, Vol. 23, No. 12, pp. 782-790.
- Jeong, S. K., Lee. D. B., Yoon. J. I., 2012, "Comparison of System Performances of Hot-gas Bypass and Compressor Variable Speed Control of Water Coolers for Machine Tools", SAREK, Vol. 1, pp. 1-8. https://doi.org/10.5539/sar.v1n2p1
- S. R. Oh, 2009, "The Design of PI Controller Using a Saturation Function in Frequency Domain", Information and Control Symposium, pp. 326-328.
- S. K. Jeong, J. Y. Byun, S. H. Kim, and J. I. Yoon, 2011, Precise Temperature Control of Oil Coolers with Hot-gas Bypass Manner for Machine Tools Based on PI and Feedforward Control, SAREK, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 111-119.