- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
ZNF217 is Overexpressed and Enhances Cell Migration and Invasion in Colorectal Carcinoma
- Zhang, Zi-Chao (Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Tsinghua University) ;
- Zheng, Li-Qiang (Department of Clinical Epidemiology, The Shengjing Hospital of China Medical University) ;
- Pan, Li-Jie (Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Tsinghua University) ;
- Guo, Jin-Xing (Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Tsinghua University) ;
- Yang, Guo-Shan (Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Tsinghua University)
- Published : 2015.04.03
Background: To investigate the expression and clinical significance of zinc finger protein 217 (ZNF217) in human colorectal carcinoma (CRC). Materials and Methods: The expression of ZNF217 in 60 CRC tissues and matched tumor adjacent tissues, collected between January 2013 and June 2014, was assessed immunohistochemically. The relationship between the expression of ZNF217 and clinicopathlogical features was analyzed by Pearson chi-square test. In addition, siRNA was used to down-regulate the expression of ZNF217 in CRC cells. The effects of ZNF217 for cell migration and invasion were measured by wound healing assay and transwell assay, respectively. Results: The expression level of ZNF217 was significantly higher in CRC tissues than in tumor adjacent tissues (p<0.05), positively correlating with tumor size, lymphatic metastasis and advanced TNM stage (p<0.05). Down-regulation of ZNF217 in CRC cells could significantly suppress cell migration and invasion. Conclusions: ZNF217 is overexpressed in colorectal carcinoma tissues and is associated with tumor malignant clinicopathological features. ZNF217 may promote CRC progression by inducing cell migration and invasion.
Bai WD, Ye XM, Zhang MY, Zhu HY, et al (2014). MiR-200c suppresses TGF-
$\beta$signaling and counteracts trastuzumab resistance and metastasis by targeting ZNF217 and ZEB1 in breast cancer. Int J Cancer, 6, 1356-68.
- Bozkurt O, Inanc M, Turkmen E, et al (2014). Clinicopathological characteristics and prognosis of patients according to recurrence time after curative resection for colorectal cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 21, 9277-81.
- Frietze S, O'Geen H, Littlepage LE, et al (2014). Global analysis of ZNF217 chromatin occupancy in the breast cancer cell genome reveals an association with ER alpha. BMC Genomics, 15, 520. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2164-15-520
- Geppert CI, Rummele P, Sarbia M, et al (2014). Multi-colour FISH in oesophageal adenocarcinoma-predictors of prognosis independent of stage and grade. Br J Cancer, 12, 2985-95.
- Han K, Jin J, Maia M, et al (2014). Lower exposure and faster clearance of bevacizumab in gastric cancer and the impact of patient variables: analysis of individual data from AVAGAST phase III trial. AAPSJ, 5, 1056-63.
- Hidaka S, Yasutake T, Takeshita H, et al (2000). Differences in 20q13.2 copy number between colorectal cancers with and without liver metastasis. Clin Cancer Res, 7, 2712-7.
- Holzmann K, Kohlhammer H, Schwaenen C, et al (2004). Genomic DNA-chip hybridization reveals a higher incidence of genomic amplifications in pancreatic cancer than conventional comparative genomic hybridization and leads to the identification of novel candidate genes. Cancer Res, 13, 4428-33.
- Huang HN, Lin MC, Huang WC, et al (2014). Loss of ARID1A expression and its relationship with PI3K-Akt pathway alterations and ZNF217 amplification in ovarian clear cell carcinoma. Mod Pathol, 7, 983-90.
- Kumaravel TS, Bristow RG (2005). Detection of genetic instability at HER-2/neu and p53 loci in breast cancer cells sing Comet-FISH. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 1, 89-93.
- Letessier A, Sircoulomb F, Ginestier C, et al (2006). Frequency, prognostic impact, and subtype association of 8p12, 8q24, 11q13, 12p13, 17q12, and 20q13 amplifications in breast cancers. BMC Cancer, 6, 245. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2407-6-245
- Li C, Yang W, Zhang J, et al (2014). SREBP-1 has a prognostic role and contributes to invasion and metastasis in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Mol Sci, 5, 7124-38.
- Littlepage LE, Adler AS, Kouros-Mehr H, et al (2012). The transcription factor ZNF217 is a prognostic biomarker and therapeutic target during breast cancer progression. Cancer Discov, 7, 638-51.
- Mahmoud AS, Umair A, Azzeghaiby SN, et al (2014). Expression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) in colorectal adenocarcinoma: an immunohistochemical and histopathological study. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 6787-90.
- Mao XG, Yan M, Xue XY, et al (2011). Overexpression of ZNF217 in glioblastoma contributes to the maintenance of glioma stem cells regulated by hypoxia-inducible factors. Lab Invest, 7, 1068-78.
- Rahman MT, Nakayama K, Rahman M, et al (2012). Prognostic and therapeutic impact of the chromosome 20q13.2 ZNF217 locus amplification in ovarian clear cell carcinoma. Cancer, 11, 2846-57.
Thillainadesan G, Chitilian JM, Isovic M, et al (2012). TGF-
$\beta$-dependent active demethylation and expression of the p15ink4b tumor suppressor are impaired by the ZNF217/CoREST complex. Mol Cell, 5, 636-49.
- Thollet A, Vendrell JA, Payen L, et al (2010). ZNF217 confers resistance to the pro-apoptotic signals of paclitaxel and aberrant expression ofAurora-A in breast cancer cells. Mol Cancer, 9, 291. https://doi.org/10.1186/1476-4598-9-291
- Vendrell JA, Thollet A, Nguyen NT, et al (2012). ZNF217 is a marker of poor prognosis in breast cancer that drives epithelial-mesenchymal transition and invasion. Cancer Res, 14, 3593-606.
- Wang WS, Yu SL, Yang XS, et al (2013). Expression and significance of twist and E-cadherin in ovarian cancer tissues. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 2, 669-72.
- Zeng H, Zheng R, Guo Y, et al (2014). Cancer survival in China, 2003-2005: A population-based study. Int J Cancer. [Epub ahead of print].
- Zhang X, Xu J, Liu H, et al (2014). Predictive biomarkers for the efficacy of cetuximab combined with cisplatin and capecitabine in advanced gastric or esophagogastric junction adenocarcinoma: a prospective multicenter phase 2 trial. Med Oncol, 10, 226.
- FGFR1 and NTRK3 actionable alterations in “Wild-Type” gastrointestinal stromal tumors vol.14, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1186/s12967-016-1075-6
- Somatic gene copy number alterations in colorectal cancer: new quest for cancer drivers and biomarkers vol.35, pp.16, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1038/onc.2015.304
- Comprehensive Dissection of Transcriptome Data and Regulatory Factors in Pancreatic Cancer Cells vol.118, pp.11, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1002/jcb.26053
- The Emerging Role of Zfp217 in Adipogenesis vol.18, pp.7, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms18071367