- Volume 22 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effect of Cultivars, Sowing Date and Cropping System on the Development of Soybean Bacterial Pustule in the Field
콩 품종, 파종시기 및 작부체계가 콩 불마름병 발생에 미치는 영향
- Hong, Sung-Jun ;
- Kim, Yong-Ki ;
- Shim, Chang-Ki ;
- Kim, Min-Jeong ;
- Park, Jong-Ho ;
- Han, Eun-Jung ;
- Jee, Hyeong-Jin
- 홍성준 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 김용기 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 심창기 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 김민정 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 박종호 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 한은정 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 지형진 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과)
- Received : 2014.10.08
- Accepted : 2014.11.24
- Published : 2014.12.31
Bacterial pustule of soybean caused by Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. glycines is one of the most prevalent bacterial diseases in many areas where soybeans are grown. This study was carried out to evaluate the effect of cultivars, sowing date and cropping system on the suppression of soybean bacterial pustule in the field. One hundred soybean cultivars were screened for disease resistance against bacterial pustule in naturally infested field. Among them, fourteen cultivars including 'Pureun' were found to be high resistant. And thirty cultivars showed to be moderate resistant(less than 3% of diseased leaf area). When Soybean cultivar 'Taekwang' were sown in four different dates, May 25, June 5, June 15, and June 25, at 10 day-interval in Milyang, the diseased leaf area of bacterial pustule was 23.3%-25.7%, 14.7%-18.0%, 10.7%-12.8%, and 1.0%-2.7%, respectively. The lowest percentage of diseased leaf area was recorded in the plots sown on June 25, whereas the highest percentage of diseased leaf area was recorded in the plot sown on May 25. As sowing time was delayed, incidence of soybean bacterial pustule found to be comparatively reduced. From December in 2006 to June in 2007, we surveyed the pathogen population of soybean bacterial pustule in five cropping upland soils where soybean was cultivated. The survey result showed the bacterial pustule pathogens were detected from the all cropping soils. The pathogen populations of soybean bacterial pustule in soybean-barley and soybean-garlic cropping soil were significantly lower than that of the other cropping soils. In addition, the incidence of soybean bacterial pustule was decreased under the two cropping systems.
Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. glycines에 의해 발생하는 콩 불마름병은 콩을 재배하는 많은 지역에서 가장 많이 발생하는 세균성 병해 중 하나이다. 본 연구는 콩 불마름병 발생 억제를 위한 저항성품종, 파종시기, 작부체계에 대한 효과를 포장에서 평가하기 위하여 수행되었다. 100여 품종을 자연 감염된 포장에서 저항성을 평가한 결과 푸른콩 등 14품종이 저항성을 나타내었고 30여 품종이 병반면적률 3% 이하의 중간 저항성을 나타내었다. 또한 불마름병 감수성 품종인 태광콩을 5월 25일, 6월 5일, 6월 15일, 6월 25일 등 10일 간격으로 파종시기를 조절하여 병반면적률을 조사한 결과 23.3%-25.7%, 14.7%-18.0%, 10.7%-12.8%, 1.0%-2.7%의 발생을 각각 확인하였다. 불마름병 발생이 가장 낮은 처리구는 6월 25일 파종구였으며, 발생이 가장 심한 처리구는 5월 25일 처리구였다. 파종시기가 늦어질수록 불마름병 발생은 감소되는 것을 알 수 있었다. 2006년 12월부터 2007년 6월까지 5개의 콩-동계작물 작부체계의 토양을 채집하여 불마름병 병원균의 생존밀도를 조사하였다. 조사결과 모든 작부체계에서 병원균이 검출되었으며 콩-보리 작부체계와 콩-마늘 작부체계의 병원균 밀도가 다른 작부체계보다 생존밀도가 낮았다. 더욱이 두 개의 작부체계는 콩 불마름병 발생도 감소하는 것으로 확인되었다.
Supported by : 국립농업과학원
- Cho, Y. J. 1993. Upland Crop. Hyangmunsa. pp. 270-329.
- Chu, Y. H., K. W. Chung, and M. K. Joo. 1996. Effect of different planting dates on growth and yield component in two ecotypes of soybean. Korean J. Crop Sci. 41(1): 86-94.
- Hartwig, E. E. and S. G. Lehman. 1951. Inheritance of resistance to the bacterial pustule disease in soybean. Agron. J. 43: 226-229. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1951.00021962004300050005x
- Hartwig, E. E. and H. W. Johnson. 1953. Effect of the bacterial pustule disease on yield and chemical composition of soybeans. Agron. J. 45: 22-23. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1953.00021962004500010005x
- Hong, S. J., Y. K. Hong, B. C. Lee, M. J. Lim, Y. N. Yoon, J. B. Hwang, S. B. Song, and S. T. Park. 2007. Detection of Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. glycines and survey on seed contamination in soybean seeds using PCR assay. Res. Plant Dis. 13(3): 145-151. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2007.13.3.145
- Hong, S. J., Y. K. Kim, H. J. Jee, B. C. Lee, Y. N. Yoon, and S. T. Park. 2010. Selection of bactericides for controlling soybean bacterial pustule. Res. Plant Dis. 16(3): 266-273. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2010.16.3.266
- Hong, S. J., Y. K. Kim, H. J. Jee, C. K. Shim, J. S. Kim, J. H. Park, E. J. Han, and B. C. Lee. 2011. Influence of Disease Severity of Bacterial Pustule caused by Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. glycines on Soybean Yield. Res. Plant Dis. 17(3): 317-325. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2011.17.3.317
- Jung, G. H., J. E. Lee, Y. H. Kim, D. W. Kim, T. Y. Hwang, K. S. Lee, B. M. Lee, H. S. Kim, Y. U. Kwon, and S. L. Kim. 2012. Effect of planting date, temperature on plant growth, isoflavone content and fatty acid composition of soybean. Kor. J. Breed. Sci. 57(4): 373-383.
- Khatun, F., M. S. Alam, M. A. Hossain, P. K. Malaker, and M. H. Rashid. 2011. Effect of sowing dates and varieties on the severity of Alternaria blight of mustard. Bangladesh J. Agril. Res. 36(4): 583-594.
- Kim, C. H., H. S. Lee, and S. B. Ahn. 1993. Disease incidence pattern on rice and upland crops in paddy-upland rotation system. Korean J. Plant Pathol. 9(4): 280-285.
- Kim, D. K., J. G. Choi, H. G. Park, H. R. Shin, S. T. Yoon, K. D. Lee, and Y. S. Rim. 2013. Ecological characteristics and yield of major soybean cultivars at different sowing times in southern korea. Korean J. Crop Sci. 58(1): 57-66. https://doi.org/10.7740/kjcs.2013.58.1.057
- Kim, H. J., J. Y. Oh, D. K. Kim, H. T. Yun, W. S. Jung, J. K. Hong, and K. D. Kim. 2010. Evalution of disease occurrence by cultivar, sowing date and locational difference in korean soybean fields. Res. Plant Dis. 16(2): 176-182. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2010.16.2.176
- Kim, Y. W. and J, H. Cho. 2004. Study on growth responses of soybean in paddy field for establishing environment-friendly cropping system. Korean J. Organic Agric. 12(4): 437-450.
- Laviolette, F. A., K. L. Athow, A. H. Probst, and J. R. Wilcox. 1970. Effect of bacterial pustule on yield of soybeans. Crop Sci. 10: 150-151. https://doi.org/10.2135/cropsci1970.0011183X001000020008x
- Lee, H. Y., M. G. Jeon, M. S. Choi, B. K. Kang, H. Y. K resistance screen of bacterial pustule and wildfire in soybean. Korea Soybean Digest. 30(1): 1-9.
- Ministry of agriculture, food and rural affairs republic of Korea. 2013. Agriculture, food and rural affairs statistics yearbook. pp. 291-301.
- Nam, S. Y., I. J. Kim, M. J. Kim, H. J. Kang, T. Yun, C. W. Rho, K. B. Min, and C. H. Lee. 2007. Effects of green manure crops and rotational system on growth and yield of sesame. Korean J. Plant Res. 20(5): 404-408
- Palmer, R. G., S. M. Lim, and B. R. Hedges. 1992. Testing for linkage between the Rxp locus and nine isozyme loci in soybean. Crop Sci. 32: 681-683. https://doi.org/10.2135/cropsci1992.0011183X003200030020x
- RDA. 2011. The concept of environment-friendly agriculture and its farming technologies.
- Roger W. E. and A. D. Flowerday. 1984. Soybean planting date: when and why. University of Nebraska-lincoln, File G687 under: Field Crops 0A-6, Soybeans.
- Schaad, N. W., J. B. Jones, and W. Chun. 2001. Laboratory Guide for Identification of Plant Pathogenic Bacteria. APS Press.
- Schisler, D. A., P. J. Slininger, R. W. Behle, and M. A. Jackson. 2004. Formulation of Bacillus spp. for biological control of plant diseases. Phytopathology 94: 1267-1271. https://doi.org/10.1094/PHYTO.2004.94.11.1267
- Weber, C. R., J. M. Dunleavy, and W. R. Fehr. 1966. Effect of bacterial pustule on closely related soybean lines. Agron. J. 58: 544-545. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1966.00021962005800050027x
- Wrather, J. A. and S. R. Koenning. 2009. Effects of diseases on soybean yields in the United States 1996 to 2007. Onling. Plant. Plant Health Progress doi: 10.1094.
- Yang, K. W., Y. H. Lee, J. M. Ko, M. G. Jeon, B. W. Lee, H. T. Kim, C. S. Jung, and I. Y. Baek. 2011. Development of molecular markers conferring bacterial leaf pustule resistance gene, rxp, using resistant and susceptible cultivars in soybean. Kor. J. Breed. Sci. 43(4): 203-208.