- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Improved Interpolating Equation for Industrial Platinum Resistance Thermometer
산업용 백금저항온도계를 위한 향상된 내삽식
- Yang, In-Seok (Division of Physical Metrology, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science) ;
- Kim, Yong-Gyoo (Division of Physical Metrology, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science) ;
- Gam, Kee-Sool (Division of Physical Metrology, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science) ;
- Lee, Young-Hee (Division of Physical Metrology, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science)
- Received : 2011.09.28
- Accepted : 2011.12.09
- Published : 2012.03.31
We propose an improved interpolating equation to express temperature-resistance characteristics for modern industrial platinum resistance thermometers (PRTs). Callendar-van Dusen equation which has been widely used for platinum resistance thermometer fails to fully describe temperature characteristics of high quality PRTs and leaves systematic residual when the calibration point include temperatures above
- Kee Sool Gam, Sung Ho Yoo, Sung Min Kim, and In Sick Lee, "Experimental method and evaluation of the calibration capability for the national calibration centers using the platinum resistance temperature sensors", J. Kor. Sensors Soc., vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 231- 236, 2005. https://doi.org/10.5369/JSST.2005.14.4.231
- J. V. Nicholas and D. R. White, Traceable Temperatures, 2nd Ed. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, pp. 206-207, 2001.
- H. Preston-Tomas, "The international temperature scale of 1990 (ITS-90)", Metrologia, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 3-10, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1088/0026-1394/27/1/002
- ASTM Standard E 1137/E 1137M - 04, "Standard specification for industrial platinum resistance thermometers", ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA, www.astm.org, 2004.
- IEC 60751 "Industrial platinum resistance thermometers and platinum temperature sensors", International Electrotechnical Commission, Geneva, 2008.
- 한국산업규격 KSC 1604 "지시 저항 온도계" , 1987.
- JIS C 1604 "Resistance thermometer sensors", Japanese Standards Association, Tokyo 1997.
- International Recommendation OIML R 84 "Platinum, copper, and nickel resistance thermometers (for industrial and commercial use)", International Organization of Legal Metrology, Paris, 2003.
- L. Crovini, A. Actis, G. Coggiola, and A. Mangano, "Accurate thermometry by means of industrial platinum resistance thermometers", Measurement, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 31-38, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0263-2241(92)90038-6
- P. Marcarino, P.P.M. Steur, G. Bongiovanni, and B. Cavigioli, "ITS-90 approximation by means of nonstandard platinum resistance thermometers", in TEMPMEKO-2001: 8th symposium on temperature and thermal measurement in industry and science, Berlin, pp. 85-90, 2001.
- Performance Assessment on Temperature Calibration Capability of the Calibration Laboratories Using High-Precision Platinum Resistance Thermometers vol.22, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5369/JSST.2013.22.6.415