- Volume 35 Issue 4
Review on the Management for Radioactive Effluent and Methodology for Setting of Derived Release Limits at Pressurized Heavy Water Reactors in Korea
중수로원전 방사성유출물 관리와 유도배출한계 설정방법에 대한 고찰
- Kim, Hee-Geun (KKEPCO Research Institute) ;
- Kong, Tae-Young (KKEPCO Research Institute) ;
- Jeong, Woo-Tae (KKEPCO Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Seok-Tae (KKEPCO Research Institute)
- Received : 2010.08.23
- Accepted : 2010.12.17
- Published : 2010.12.30
The radioactive effluents from pressurized heavy water reactors (PHWRs) are relatively larger than those from pressurized water reactors (PWRs). Futhermore, radioactive effluents from PHWRs are released continuously. Thus, the discharge of radioactive effluents is strictly controlled. To do this, radiation detectors are installed at stacks of reactor buildings to monitor the concentration of radioactive effluents in real-time. Derived release limits (DRLs) of annual discharge are also set up for each radionuclide and effluents are rigidly controlled not to exceed those limits. In this paper, the discharge process of radioactive effluents, the standard for establishment of DRL and its methodology, and currents status for PHWRs were reviewed.
- 원자력법. 제97조 방사선장해 방지조치. 교육과학기술부. 2009.
- 교육과학기술부. 중수로원전 유출물감시기 경보설정 및 주민선량 평가체계 개선 기술 개발. 한전전력연구원. 2007
- 교육과학기술부. 원전 방사성유출물 평가 및 관리 기술개발. 한전전력연구원. 2005.
- 한국수력원자력(주). 월성1호기 운영기술지침서. 2004.
- 한국수력원자력(주). 월성1호기 최종안전성분석보고서. 2004.
- Ken Sejkora. RETS-REMP (Radiological Effluents Technical Specifications - Radilogical Environmental Monitoring Program) Program in USA. 2001.
- 교육과학기술부. 고시 제2008-31호: 방사선방호등에관한 기준 고시, 2008.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. ICRP Publication 60 : 1990 Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection. Pergamon Press, 1991.
- Stantec Consulting Ltd. IMPACT User Manual. Version 4.0. 2004.
- Whillans DW. Ontario Power Generation (OPG)국외전문가 자문 결과 보고서. 한전전력연구원. 2003-2007.
- Canadian Standards Association. Guidelines for Calculating Derived Release Limits for Radioactive Material in Airborne and Liquid Effluents for Normal Operation of Nuclear Facilities. CAN/CSAN288.1- M87, 1987.