- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Response Characteristics of Acoustic Emission Sensor according to Partial Discharge Quantities
부분방전 전하량에 따른 음향방출 센서의 응답특성
- Jeong, Yeong-Ho (Department of Electronical Engineering, Chungju National University)
- 정영호 (충주대학교 전기공학과)
- Published : 2010.05.01
The response characteristics of AE (acoustic emission) sensors with a coupled vibration mode and a non-coupled vibration mode were investigated according to PD(partial discharge) quantities in XLPE (cross linked polyethylene) sheets and craft papers immersed in insulating oil. The response voltages of a coupled vibration mode AE sensor were linearly proportional to the PD quantities up to 1,000 pC in XLPE sheets, while a non-coupled vibration mode AE sensor did not show the similar linearity. In case of a test of craft papers immersed in insulating oil, a linearity between response voltages and PD quantities was observed up to 550 pC, but after that, similar linearity between response voltage of any types of AE sensor and PD quantities was not shown.
- Diagnostic technologies of electric facilities (The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan, Tokyo, 1991) p. 3.
- R. T. Harrold, IEEE Trans. Electr. Insul. 20, 3(1985). https://doi.org/10.1109/TEI.1985.348751
- D.-J. Kweon, Ph. D Thesis, p. 8-9, Soongsil University, Seoul (1995).
- E. Howells, IEEE Trans, Power Apparatus and Systems PAS-97, 1538 (1978). https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAS.1978.354646
- Y.-H. Jeong, J.-I. Hong, J.-H. Yoo and C.-Y. Park, J. KIEEME 12, 1119 (1999).