- Volume 13 Issue 4
A JET EMERGING FROM A SLIT AT THE CORNER OF QUARTER PLANE
- Wiryanto, L.H. (FACULTY OF MATHEMATICS AND NATURAL SCIENCES, BANDUNG INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY)
- Received : 2009.04.04
- Accepted : 2009.10.12
- Published : 2009.12.25
A numerical solution is provided for a jet produced by a flow emerging from a slit at the bottom corner of a quarter plane. The flow is characterized by the Froude number F, based on the net volume flux and the width of the slit. We perform the free-surface flow for various values of F and another parameter corresponding to the position of the vertical wall. A jet with back-flow near the edge of the vertical wall is obtained, and the limiting case is a jet with a stagnation point.
- L.H. Wiryanto, Zero gravity of a jet emerging from a slit, J. Indones. Math. Soc. 12 (2006), 89-98.
- L.H. Wiryanto, J. Wijaya, Free-surface flow under a sluice gate from deep water, Bull. Malay. Math. Soc. (submitted).
- J. Asavanant, J.-M. Vanden-Broeck, Nonlinear free surface flows emerging from vessels and flows under a sluice gate, J. Austral. Math. Soc. 38 (1996), 63-86. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0334270000000473
- B.J. Binder, J.-M. Vanden-Broeck, Free surface flows past surfboards and sluice gates, Eur. J. Appl. Maths. 16 (2005), 601-619
- B.J. Binder, J.-M. Vanden-Broeck, The effect of disturbances on the flows under a sluice gate and past an inclined plate, J. Fluid Mech. 576 (2007), 475-490 https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112007004806
- J.-M. Vanden-Broeck, Numerical calculation of the free-surface flow under sluice gate, J. Fluid Mech. 330 (1996), 336-347.
- N. S. Clarke, On two-dimensional inviscid flow in a waterfall, J. Fluid Mech. 22 (1965), 359-369. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112065000800
- E.O. Tuck, Efflux from a slit in a vertical wall, J. Fluid Mech. 176 (1987), 253-264. https://doi.org/10.1017/S002211208700065X
- L.H. Wiryanto, E.O. Tuck, A back-turning jet formed by a uniform shallow stream hitting a vertical wall, Proc. Int. Conf. on Dif. Eqs., Kluwer Academic Press, 1997.
- L.H. Wiryanto, E.O. Tuck, An open-channel flow metting a barrier and forming one or two jets, J. Austral. Math. Soc. 41 (2000), 458-472. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0334270000011760
- L.H. Wiryanto, A subcritical flow over a stepping bottom, Bull. Malay. Math. Soc. 28 (2005),95-102.
- J.-M. Vanden-Broeck, E.O. Tuck, Flow near the interaction of a free surface with a vertical wall, SIAM J. Appl. Math. 54 (1994), 1-33. https://doi.org/10.1137/S0036139992240838