- Volume 17 Issue 3
The purpose of this study was to provide a formative charateristics by analyzing aesthetic charateristics of Egypt costume expressed in contemporary fashion. The result of this study obtained through this process were as follows. Aesthetic characteristics were expressed as a primative-retro characteristics, and a erotic-retro characteristics and a decorative-retro characteristics. Based on these trends, this study analyzed formative charateristics in an aspect of form, color, material, and decoration. In the modern fashion, unlike the H-line silhouette given by a natural fit in the primitive retro, the erotic retro was characterized in the shape by a tight H-line silhouette. For the color, peach, yellow green, gold, light blue, red, and black were used as the main color. For the material, see-through, gauze, mesh, organdy, and tight vinyl were utilized to emphasize an erotic image and expose a body secretly. For the decoration, the characteristic of erotic retro using the simple or same colors frequently was the use of similar accessories colors matched with material colors. The decorative retro was characterized in the shape by a H-line silhouette connected as a part of clothing which applied passium and a greatly modified silhouette from an Egyptian simple style which was well-matched with splendid accessories. For the color, the broadest range of color changes was found from light pastel such as white, yellow, light pink, burnt orange, blue, purple, silver, gold, and red to strong vivid tones. For the material, modern materials such as organdy, tulle, leather, and furs were often used. For the decoration, passium, an eagle pattern, scarab earrings, a crown, a sneak-shaped coronet, and pictograph printed on the fabric were frequently used.
- 김칠순, 신혜순, 이규혜, 이은옥, 장동림, 채수경, 최인려, 한명숙 (2005). 패션디자인(Fashion Design). 서울: 교문사.
- 박일록, 조진애 (1998). 의복문화사. 원광대학교 출판국.
- 서인경 (1993). “이집트 예술을 응용한 의상 디자인 연구.” 이화여자대학교 대학원 석사학위논문.
- 신상옥 (1986). 서양복식사. 서울: 수학사.
- 안혜자 (1992). “고대 이집트 복식 발달의 배경에 대한 소고.” 서강정보대학 논문집 11권.
- 이화용 (1993). “이집트 복식에 나타난 상징성을 응용한 현대의상디자인.” 이화여자대학교 대학원 석사학위논문.
- 임원자, 백영자 (2000). 서양복식. 한국방송대학교출판부.
- 정흥숙 (1998). “고대 이집트 복식미의 특성에 관한 연구.” 생활과학논집 11권.
- Black, Anderson and Madge Garland (1979). A History of Fashion. New York: William Morrow & Co. Inc.
- Cosgrave, Browyn (2000). Costume & Fashion, Checkmark Books.
- Gorsline, Douglas (1993), A History of Fashion: A Visual Survey of Costume from Ancient Times London: B. T. Batsford Ltd.
- Laver, James (1988). Costume & Fashion. London: Thames & Hudson.
- Laver, James (2001). Costume and Fashion-A Concise History. Thames & Hudson.
- Payne, Blanche (1965). History of Costume New York: Harper & Row.
- Tortora, Phyllis and Keith Eubank (1989). A Survey of Historic Costume. New York : Fairchild Publications.
- Fashion News. '01 S/S. Vol. 65.
- Gap. '00-01F/W. Vol. 30.
- Mode et Mode. '00 S/S. No. 310.
- Mode et Mode. '01 S/S. No. 314.
- Mode et Mode. '01-02 F/W. No. 316.
- Mode et Mode. '02 S/S. No. 318.
- Mode et Mode. '03-04 F/W. No. 324.
- Mode et Mode. '04 S/S. No. 326.