- Volume 6 Issue 3
In this paper, we propose the hardware architecture to accelerate 2D Vector graphics process for mobile devices. we propose the Transformation Unit Architecture that considerates the operation dependency. It has 3 cycles excution time and uses 2 multipliers and 2 adders. Proposed paint generation unit uses a LUT method, so it does not execute color interpolation which needs to be calculated every time. The proposed OpenVG 1.0 Accelerator achieved a 2.85 times faster performance in a tiger model.
- Kari Pulli, 'New APIs for Mobile Graphics', Proceedings of SPIE - The International Soci ety for Optical Engineering Vol. 6074, art, no. 607401, 2006
- Khronos Group Inc. 'OpenVG Specification Version 1.0.1' http://www.khronos.org/openv g/, January 2007
- ARM 'Fixed Point Arithmetic on the ARM' , Application Note 33, ARM, September 1996
- Kiia Killio 'Scanline edge-flag algorithm for antialiasing' EG UK Theory and Practice of Computer Graphics 2007
- ACKLAND B. D., WESTE N.:'The edge flag algorithm - a fill method for raster scan displays' IEEE Trans. Computers 30, 1 (1981), 41-48