- Volume 16 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Effects of Dietary Acidogenicity Values on Rumen Fermentation Characteristics and Nutrients Digestibility
- Choi, Y.J. (School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University) ;
- Lee, Sang S. (School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University) ;
- Song, J.Y. (School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University) ;
- Choi, N.J. (School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University) ;
- Sung, H.G. (School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University) ;
- Yun, S.G. (National Livestock Research Institute, RDA) ;
- Ha, Jong K. (School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University)
- 투고 : 2002.12.10
- 심사 : 2003.08.20
- 발행 : 2003.11.01
This study was conducted to observe effects of dietary acidogenicity value (AV) on rumen fermentation characteristics and nutrients digestibility. The AV of feedstuffs was based on the dissolution of Ca from
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Rural Development Administration
- Allen, M. S. 1997. Relationship between fermentation acid production in the rumen and the requirement for physically effective fiber. J. Dairy Sci. 80(7):1447-1462. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(97)76074-0
- AOAC. 1990. Official method of analysis (14th Ed.) Association of official analysis Chemist, Washington DC.
- Barry, T. N. and P. D. Johnstone. 1976. A comparison of supplementary sources of nitrogen and energy for increasing the voluntary intake and utilization of barley straw by sheep. J. Agri. Sci. 86:163-169.
- Chaney, A. L. and E. P. Marbach. 1962. Modification reagents for determination of urea and ammonia. Clin. Chem. 8:130-132.
- Choi, Y. J., Sang S. Lee, J. Y. Song, N. J. Choi, H. G. Sung, S. G. Yun and Jong K. Ha. 2003. Determination of acidogenicity value of various feedstuffs. In preparation.
- Davis, C. L., R. E. Brown and D. C. Beitz. 1964. Effect of feeding high-grain restricted-roughage rations with and without bicarbonates on the at content of milk produced and proportions of volatile fatty acids in the rumen. J. Dairy Sci. 47:1217-1219.
- Demeyer, D. I. 1981. Rumen microbes and digestion of plant cell walls. Agric. Environ. 6:295-337. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-1131(81)90020-5
- Dewhurst, R. J., D. Wadhwa, L. P. Borgida and W. J. Fisher. 2001. Rumen acid production from dairy feeds. 1. Effects on feed intake and milk production of dairy cows offered grass or corn silages. J. Dairy Sci. 84:2721-2729.
- Dunlop, R. H. 1972. Pathogenisis of ruminant lactic acidosis. Adv. Vet. Sci. Comp. Med. 259-302.
- Elam, C. J. 1976. Acidosis in feedlot cattle: practical observation. J. Anim Sci. 43:898-901. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1976.434898x
- Erwin, E. S., G. J. Marco and E. M. Emery. 1961. Volatile fatty acid analysis of blood and rumen fluid by gas chromatography. J. Dairy Sci. 44:1768-1779.
- Fondevilla, M., C. Castrillo, J. A. Guada and J. Balcells. 1994. Effect of ammonia treatment and carbohydrate supplementation of barley straw on rumen liquid characteristics and substrate degradation by sheep. Anim. Feed Sci. Tech. 50:137-155.
- Goering, H. K. and P. J. Van Soest. 1970. Forage Fiber Analysis (Apparatus, Reagents, Procedure and Some Applications) U.S.D.A. Agricultural Research Service Agriculture Handbook No. 379.
- Henning, P. H., D. G. Steyn and H. H. Meissner. 1991. The effect of energy and nitrogen supply pattern on rumen bacterial growth in vitro. Anim. Prod. 53:165-175.
- Henning, P. H., D. G. Steyn and H. H. Meissner. 1993. Effect of synchronization of energy and nitrogen supply on ruminal characteristics and microbial growth. J. Anim. Sci. 71:2516-2528.
- Hoover, W. H. 1986. Chemical factors involved in ruminal fiber digestion. J. Dairy Sci. 69:2755-766. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(86)80724-X
- Lee, H. J., S. C. Lee, J. D. Kim, Y. G. Oh, B. K. Kinm, C. W. Kim and K. J. Kim. 2003. Methane production potential of feed ingredients as measured by in vitro gas test. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16:1143-1150.
- Lee, M. R. F., R. J. Merry, D. R. Davies, J. M. Moorby, M. O. Humphreys, M. K. Theodorou, J. C. MacRae and N. D. Scollan. 2003. Effect of increasing availability of watersoluble carbohydrates on in vitro rumen fermentation. Anim. Feed Sci. Tech. 104:59-70.
- McDougall, E. I. 1948. Studies on ruminant saliva. I. The composition and output of sheep’s saliva. Biochem. J. 43:99-109.
- Miller. G. L. 1959. Use of dimitrosalocylic reagent for the determination of reducing sugars. Anal. Chem. 31:426-428.
- Oliveira, L. A., C. Jean-Blain, S. Komisarczuk-Bony, A. Durix and C. Durier. 1997. Microbial thiamin metabolism in the rumen simulating fermenter (RUSITEC): the effect of acidogenic conditions, a high sulfur level and added thiamin. British J. Nutr. 78:599-613.
- Owens, F. N., D. S. Secrist, W. J. Hill and D. R. Gill. 1998. Acidosis in cattle: A Review. J. Anim. Sci. 76:275-286.
- Russell, J. B. and D. M. Dombrowski. 1980. Effect of pH on the efficiency of growth by pure culture of rumen bacteria in continuous culture. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 41:1394-1399.
- Russell, J. B. and J. L. Rychlik. 2001. Factors that alter rumen microbial ecology. Science 11:1119-1122.
- SAS Institute, Inc. 1995. DAD. For Linear models: a guide to the ANOVA and GLM procedures. SAS. Inst. Inc., Cary, NC.
- Shinozaki, K. 1959. Studies on experimental bloat in ruminants. 5. Effects of various volatile fatty acids introduced into the rumen on the rumen motility. Tohoku J. Agric. Res. 9:237-238.
- Slyter, L. L. 1976. Influence of acidosis on rumen function. J. Anim. Sci. 43:910-929.
- Smith, W. R., I. Yu and R. E. Hungate. 1973. Factors affecting celluloysis by Rminococcus albus. J. Bacteril. 114:729-737.
- Stewart, C. S. 1977. Factors affecting the cellulolytic activity of rumen contents. Appl, Environ. Microbiol. 33:497-502.
- Steward, C. S. 1977. Factors affecting the cellulolytic activity of rumen contents. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 33:497-502.
- Theodorou, M. K., B. A. Williams, M. S. Dhanoa, A. B. McAllan and J. France. 1994. A simple gas production method using a pressure transducer to determine the fermentation kinetics of ruminant feeds. Anim. Feed Sci. Tech. 48:185-197.
- Terry, R. A., J. M. A. Tilley and G. E. Outer. 1969. Effect of pH on cellulose digestion under in vitro conditions. J. Sci. Food Agric. 20:317-322.
- Wadhwa, D., L. P. Borgida, M. S. Dhanoa and R. J. Dewhurst. 2001. Rumen acid production from dairy feeds. 2. Effects of diets based on corn silage on feed intake and milk yield. J. Dairy Sci. 84:2730-2737.
- Yang, W. Z. and K. A. Beauchemin and D. D. Vedres. 2002. Effects of pH and fibrolytic enzymes on digestibility, bacterial protein synthesis, and fermentation in continuous culture. Anim. Feed Sci. Tech. 102:137-150.
- Changes in ruminal fermentation, milk performance and milk fatty acid profile in dairy cows with subacute ruminal acidosis and its regulation with pelleted beet pulp vol.67, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1080/1745039X.2013.842038