- Volume 22 Issue 3
To evaluate the nutritional values of Spirulina platensis as the protein supplement for laying heo diet, two experimental diets (Control, Spirulina platensis 2%) were prepared. Total 120, 40-wk old ISA Brown layer hens were randomly employed with 15 hens per replicate and 4 replicates per treatment. Hen-day egg production, egg weight, feed intake, intake /egg weight, egg shell thickness, yolk color score and yolk cholesterol content were examined during 6 weeks of experimental period. Hen-day egg production and feed conversion ratio (intake /egg weight) were significantly (P<0.01) improved by the 2% Spirulina plalensis supplementation. However, there were no differences in egg weight and feed intake between hens fed two experimental diets. Egg from hens fed Spirulina platensis 2% diet have more yellowish yolk color than the control egg although there was no difference in egg shell thickness. Yolk cholesterol content was significantly (P
- Association of Official Analytical chemists Official Methods of Analysis(15th ed.) AOAC
- Aquaculture v.18 The utilization of some single cell Proteins by fingerling mirror carp(cyprinus carpio) Atack,T,H,;Jauncey,K.;Matty,A,J.
- Recent Developments in Poultry Nutrition Natural Product for sgg yolk pigmentation Belyavin,C.G.;Marangos,A.G.;Cole,D.J.A.(ed.);Haresign,E.(ed.)
- Poultry Sci v.36 Sewage grown algae as a feedstuff for chicks Grau,C.R.;Klein,N.W.
- Biotechnology v.3 Phototrophic microalgae Richmond,A.;Rehm,H.J.(ed,);Reed G.(ed.)
- Poultry Sci v.73 Comparison of freeze-dried and extruded Spirulina platensis as yolk pigmenting agents Ross,E.;Puapong,D.P.;Cepeda,F.P.;Patterson,P.H.
- SAS User's Guide : Statistics SAS
- J Assoc off Anal Chem v.65 no.50 Enzymatic determination of cholesterol in egg yolk Shen,J.;Chen,S.;Sheppard,A.J.
- Priciples and Procedures of Statistics Steel,R.;Torrie,G.D.
- Anim Feed Sci Technol v.7 The utilization of torula yeast in diets for white Leghorn birds during growth and laying period Valdivie,M;Comple,X.;Fundora,O.
- Biotech Adv v.8 Recent advances in microalgal biotechnology Vonshak,A.
- 한국축산학회지 v.17 석유자화효모의 사료적 가치에 관한 연구(Ⅱ) 김춘수;이남형