- Volume 49 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Isolation of Wild Yeasts from Riversides in Geumgang Upstream, Taean and Suncheonman Seashores and Microbiological Characteristics of the Unrecorded Wild Yeasts
금강 상류와 태안, 순천만 해변들로부터 야생효모의 분리 및 국내 미기록 효모들의 균학적 특성
- Park, Seon-Jeong (Faculty of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, Paichai University) ;
- Jang, Ji-Eun (Faculty of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, Paichai University) ;
- Lee, Hyang-Burm (Division of Food Technology, Biotechnology and Agrochemistry, Chonnam National University) ;
- Lee, Jong-Soo (Faculty of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, Paichai University)
- 박선정 (배재대학교 바이오의약학부) ;
- 장지은 (배재대학교 바이오의약학부) ;
- 이향범 (전남대학교 응용생물공학부) ;
- 이종수 (배재대학교 바이오의약학부)
- Received : 2021.01.25
- Accepted : 2021.02.19
- Published : 2021.03.31
This study aimed to isolate wild yeasts from waters and soils on the riversides of Geumgang upstream in Geumsan, seashores of Cheongpodae in Taean and Suncheonman in Suncheon, Korea, and to investigate their unrecorded microbiological characteristics. Forty-nine species of wild yeasts, including Aureobasidium pullans YH 4-3, were isolated from 40 samples of Cheonnaegang in Geumgang upstream. Fifty-six species and 36 species of wild yeasts were also isolated from 80 samples of Cheongpodae Beach and Suncheonman Mashland, respectively. Species from Candida genus were isolated from all three locations. Among them, Candida michaelii NNIBRFG28278, Sporobolomyces japonicus NNIBRFG28271, Dioszegia buhagiarii NNIBRFG28279, Ustilago spermophora NNIBRFG28273, Nakazawaea pomicola NNIBRFG31590, Candida natalensis NNIBRFG31591, Candida pseudorhagii NNIBRFG31592, Candida santamariae NNIBRFG31593, Cutaneotrichosporon terricola NNIBRFG31594, and Meira nashicola NNIBRFG31595 represent newly recorded yeast strains in Korea. Almost all of these unrecorded yeasts were oval shaped, and Sporobolomyces japonicus NNIBRFG28271 and Candida natalensis NNIBRFG31591 have ascospores. All the strains grew well in yeast extract-peptone-dextrose (YPD) and yeast extract-malt extract (YM) media, and Ustilago spermophora NNIBRFG28273 grew well in vitamin-free medium. Sporobolomyces japonicus NNIBRFG28271 grew well in 15% NaCl-containing YPD medium, and Ustilago spermophora NNIBRFG28273 and Dioszegia buhagiarii NNIBRFG28279 assimilated starch, and Ustilago spermophora NNIBRFG28273 produced ethanol.
금강 상류와 태안, 순천만 등 해안주변환경의 야생효모들의 효모 종 분포특성을 조사하고 국내 미발표된 효모들을 선별하여 이들의 균학적 특성들을 알아보고자 금강 상류인 충남 금산의 천내강과 서해안에 있는 청포대 해수욕장 및 순천만 습지대 주변의 물과 토양들로부터 야생효모들을 분리, 동정하였고 이들 중 국내 미기록 효모들을 선별하여 이들의 균학적 특성을 조사하였다. 금산의 천내강 주변 물과 토양 40점에서 49종의 야생효모들을 분리, 동정하였고, 태안의 청포대 해수욕장과 순천만 습지대 주변 물과 식물체 부식물 및 토양 80점에서 각각 56종, 36종의 야생효모 들을 분리, 동정하였다. 이들지역에서분리, 동정한야생효모들중C. michaelii NNIBRFG28278, Sp. japonicus NNIBRFG28271, D. buhagiarii NNIBRFG28279, U. spermophora NNIBRFG28273, N. pomicola NNIBRFG31590, C. natalensis NNIBRFG31591, C. pseudorhagii NNIBRFG31592, C. santamariae NNIBRFG31593, Cu. terricola NNIBRFG31594, M. nashicola NNIBRFG31595등 10균주들이 국내 미기록 야생효모들로 최종 선별되었다. 이들 미기록 효모들은C. pseudorhagii NNIBRFG31592과 Cu. terricola NNIBRFG31594 만이 구형이고 나머지 균들은 난형으로 Sp. japonicus NNIBRFG28271와 C. natalensis NNIBRFG31591 두 균주만이 포자를 생성하였다. U. spermophora NNIBRFG28273균주는 vitamin-free배지에서도 생육이 아주 양호하였고 Sp. japonicus NNIBRFG28271균주는 15% NaCl을 함유한 YPD배지에서도 생육이 양호한 호염성균이었다.
- Lee JS, Choi YJ, Kwon SJ, Yoo JY, Chung DH. Screening and characterization of osmotolerant and gas-producing yeasts from traditional Doenjang and Kochujang. Food Biotechnol 1996;5:54-8.
- Lee DH, Lee DH, Lee JS. Characterization of a new antidementia β-secretase inhibitory peptide from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Enzyme and Microbiol Technol 2007;42:83-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enzmictec.2007.08.003
- Jeong SC, Lee DH, Lee JS. Production and characterization of an anti-angiogenic agent from Saccharomyces cerevisiae K-7. J Microbiol Biotechnol 2006;16:1904-11.
- Han SM, Lee JS. Production and its anti-hyperglycemia effects of gamma-aminobutylic acid from the wild yeast strain Pichia silvicola UL6-1 and Sporobolomyces carnicolor 402-JB-1 Mycobiol 2017:45;199-203. https://doi.org/10.5941/MYCO.2017.45.3.199
- Kim JY, Lee SY, Han SM, Lee JS. Production of anti-dementia acetylcholinesterase from the wild yeasts Saccharomyces cerevisiae WJSL0113 and Wickerhamomyces anomalus JSF0128 Kor J Mycol 2018;46:447-57. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.20180049
- Moon JE, Heo W, Lee SH, Lee SH, Lee HG, Lee JH, Kim YJ. Trehalose protects the probiotic yeast Saccharomyces boulardii against oxidative stress-induced cell death. J Microbiol Biotechnol 2020;30:54-61. https://doi.org/10.4014/jmb.1906.06041
- Ryu HY. Advanced technologies and mechanisms for yeast evolutionary engineering. Mycobiol 2020;48:423-8. https://doi.org/10.1080/12298093.2020.1794215
- Min JH, Ryu JJ, Kim HK, Lee JS. Isolataion and identification of yeasts from wild flowers in Gyejoksan, Oseosan and Baekamsan of Korea. Kor J Mycol 2013;41:47-51. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2013.41.1.47
- Hyun SH, Mun HY, Lee HB, Kim HK, Lee JS. Isolation of yeasts from wild flowers in Gyonggi-do province and Jeju island in Korea and the production of anti-gout xanthine oxidase inhibitor. Kor J Microbiol Biotechnol 2013;41:383-90. https://doi.org/10.4014/kjmb.1309.09002
- Hyun SH, Lee JK, Park WJ, Kim HK, Lee JS. Isolation and diversity of yeasts from fruits and flowers of orchard in Sinam-myeon of Yesan-gun, Chungcheongnam-do, Korea. Kor J Mycol 2014;42:21-7. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2014.42.1.21
- Hyun SH, Min JH, Lee HB, Kim HK, Lee JS. Isolation and diversity of yeasts from wild flowers in Ulleungdo and Yokjido, Korea. Kor J Mycol 2014;42:28-33. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2014.42.1.28
- Hyun SH, Min JH, Kim SA, Lee JS, Kim HK. Yeasts associated with fruits and blossoms collected from Hanbat arboretum, Daejeon, Korea. Kor J Mycol 2014;42:178-82. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2014.42.2.178
- Hyun SH, Han SM, Lee JS. Isolation and physiological functionality of yeasts from wild flowers in Seonyudo of Gogunsanyeoldo, Jeollabuk-do, Korea. Kor J Mycol 2014;42:201-6. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2014.42.3.201
- Han SM, Hyun SH, Lee JS. Isolation and identification of yeasts from wild flowers in Deogyu mountain and their physiological functionalities. Kor J Mycol 2015;43:47-52. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2015.43.1.47
- Han SM, Hyun SH, Lee HB, Lee HW, Kim HK, Lee JS. Isolation and identification of yeasts from wild flowers collected around Jangseong lake in Jeollanam-do, Republic of Korea, and characterization of the unrecorded yeast Bullera coprosmaensis. Mycobiol 2015;43:266-71. https://doi.org/10.5941/MYCO.2015.43.3.266
- Han SM, Han JW, Bae SM, Park WJ, Lee JS. Isolation and identification of wild yeasts from soils of paddy fields in Daejeon metropolitan city and Chungcheongnam-do, Korea. Kor J Mycol 2016;44:1-7. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2016.44.1.1
- Han SM, Lee JS. Isolation and identification of wild yeasts from soils of an herb park in Seoul metropolitan city and characteristics of unrecorded yeasts. Kor J Mycol 2016;44:108-12. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2016.44.2.108
- Han SM, Lee SY, Kim HK, Lee JS. Characterization of wild yeasts Isolated from leaves obtained from Mt. Daedun and Mt. Chilgap, Korea. Kor J Mycol 2017;45:31-42. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.20170004
- Han SM, Lee JS. Characterization of unrecorded yeasts Isolated from leaves of trees of Oknyeobong peak and Yeonjasan mountain in Daejeon, Korea, Kor J Mycol 2017;45:23-30. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.20170003
- Han SM, Kim HK, Lee HB, Lee JS. Isolation and identification of wild yeasts from freshwaters and soils of Nakdong and Yeongsan river, Korea, with characterization of two unrecorded yeasts. Kor J Mycol 2016;44:350-4. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2016.44.4.350
- Han SM, Lee SY, Kim HK, Lee JS. Isolation and diversity of wild yeasts from the waters and bank soils of Daejeoncheon, Gapcheon, and Yedeungcheon in Daejeon Metropolitan city, Korea. Kor J Mycol 2017;45:259-69. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.20170034
- Han SM, Kim JY, Lee HB, Kim HK, Lee JS. Isolation and characterization of wild yeasts from water and riverside soils of Geumgang midstream in Gongju City, Korea. Kor J Mycol 2018;46:98-104.
- Han SM, Kim JY, Kim CM, Lee JS. Characteristics of unrecorded wild yeasts obtained from the soil of spices plant fields and its physiological functionality. Kor J Mycol 2019;47:75-81. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.20190009
- Kim HK, Kim JY, Han SM, Kim CM, Lee JS. Microbiological characteristics and physiological functionalities of unrecorded wild yeast strains in the soils of Hajodae and Gyungpodae beaches in Korea. Kor J Mycol 2019;47:249-58. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.20190029
- Kim JY, Han SM, Park SJ, Jang JE, Lee JS. Isolation and characterization of unrecorded wild yeasts obtained from soils of spice fields and mountains. Kor J Mycol 2020;48:151-60. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.20200016
- Han SM, Park DJ, Kim JY, Lim HJ, Lee HB, Lee JS. Isolation of wild yeasts obtained from waters and soils of riversides in Sangjubo of Nakdong river and Daechung dam of Geumgang midstream, Korea and characterization of unrecorded wild yeasts. Kor J Mycol 2020;48:237-49. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.20200025
- Kim JS, Lee M, Kim JY, Heo J, Kwon SW, Yun BS, Kim SJ. Distribution and species diversity of wild yeasts isolated from flowers in Korea. Kor J Mycol 2020;48:475-84. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.20200045
- Jeon YJ, Park S, Hwang H, Park YH, Cheon W, Goh J, Chung N, Mun HY. Seven yeast strains isolated from freshwaters for the first record in Korea. Kor J Mycol 2020;48:523-31. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.20200052
- Lee JS, Lee SH, Kwon SJ, Ahn C, Yoo JY. Enzyme activities and physiological functionality of yeasts from traditional Meju. Kor J Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 1997;25:448-53.
- Kim JH, Kim NM, Lee JS. Physiological characteristics and ethanol fermentation of thermotolerant yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae OE-16 from traditional meju. Kor J Food Nutr 1999;12:490-5.