- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Fire Risk Assessment : Based on the Proposal of a Fire Risk Assessment Processor Considering the Reality in Korea
화재위험도 평가에 대한 연구 : 국내 현실을 고려한 화재위험도 평가 프로세서 제안을 중심으로
- Lee, Jong Hwa (Department of Fire Service Administration, Honam University)
- 이종화 (호남대학교 소방행정학과)
- Received : 2021.02.25
- Accepted : 2021.03.22
- Published : 2021.03.31
Recently, advanced countries assessment the risk of fire to prevent large-scale damage to high-rise buildings, In addition, performance-Based design, which is a fire risk assessment, is being conducted in Korea to prevent massive damage to high-rise buildings. However, unlike advanced countries, fire risk assessment in Korea is subject to fire risk assessment only for objects subject to consent from fire-fighting facilities such as building permits, When building engineers and fire-fighting engineers assessment the risk of fire, It has always been discussed because the results vary depending on which part of the evaluation is focused between economic feasibility and safety. Therefore, in this study, we would like to propose a fire risk assessment process suitable for domestic conditions by comparing the process of performance-based design, which is a domestic fire risk assessment, and the process of Iso/TC 16732 which is an overseas fire risk assessment.
- G. Song(2015), "Study on the problems and improvement of performance-based design." Master's thesis, University of Seoul Graduate School.
- I. S. Kim, G. D. Choi(2010), Fire damage reduction plan through fire risk assessment. 6th Firefighting Policy Management Course Research Task.
- International Organization for Standardization(2010), ISO/TC 16732 (Fire safety engineering: Guidance on fire risk assessment).
- International Organization for Standardization(2015), ISO/TC 16733 (Fire safety engineering: Selection of design fire scenarios and design fire_Part 1: Selection of design fire scenarios.
- J. H. Lee, J. H. Kim, D. E. Kim(2019), "A study on the assessment of fire risk." Journal of Korea Institute of Fire Science & Engineering Fall Conference, 136.
- Korea Fire Protection Association(2013), Overview of fire risk assessment of buildings and related data. (12):1-12.
- National Fire Agency(2017), Methods and standards for performance-based design of fire-fighting facilities, etc.
- S. K. Lee, C. Ko, S. W. Jee, J. H. Kim(2021), "A development of software(KFSA I) for fire hazard assessments in the buildings." Journal of Korea Institute of Fire Science & Engineering Spring Conference, 54-60.