- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Occupational Safety and Health among Child Care Workers : An Empirical Investigation
돌봄 서비스 종사자의 안전보건 실태와 개선방안 고찰 : 어린이집 보육교사를 중심으로
- Lee, Jaehee (Korea Institute of Child Care and Education) ;
- Joo, Sun Tae (The Ministry of Food and Drug Safety) ;
- Lim, Jin Seok (Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency)
- 이재희 (육아정책연구소) ;
- 주선태 (식품의약품안전처) ;
- 임진석 (안전보건공단)
- Received : 2020.11.18
- Accepted : 2020.12.17
- Published : 2021.03.31
The purpose of this study is to investigated occupational accidents of child care worker. We surveyed 392 childcare worker to investigate their experience of occupational accidents. Fifteen percent of the respondents from occupational accdients survey for child care workers reported that they had experienced more than one occupational accident, but mostly did not claim Occupational Safety and Health Insurance. We suggested policy tasks to improve system for protecting child care workers.
- D. J. Ackerman(2006), "The costs of being a child care teacher: Revisiting the problem of low wages." Educational Policy, 20(1):85-112. https://doi.org/10.1177/0895904805285283
- K. Lee(2016), "A study on the actual conditions of musculoskeletal disorders for childcare teachers." Master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University.
- Korean Ministry of Employment and Labor(2016), The establishments status.
- Korean Ministry of Health and Welfare(2018), Childcare statistics 2018.
- M. J. Lee, R. H. Kang(2011), "A study on the improvement of daycare teachers' treatment and working conditions." Korean Journal of Child Education and Care, 11(3):27-44.
- M. Seo, M. Lee, M. Koo(2006), An analysis of working condition of childcare worker. Ministry of Gender Equality and Family.
- O. Hwang(2012), "Current working conditions for the teachers in child care." Journal of Korean Child Care and Education, 8:249-272.
- S. Ahn(2009), "A study on the certification system of early childhood edu-care teachers." Korean Society for Study of Child Education and Care Conference Book in 2009, pp. 1-12.
- S. Yoon, M. J. Lee(2009), "A measure for improvement working conditions of childcare worker." Korean Society for Study of Child Education and Care Conference Book in 2009, pp. 14-35.