- Volume 11 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of Activity Restriction on Mental health and the Quality of Life among patients with Cardiovascular Disease
심혈관질환자의 활동 제한이 정신건강과 삶의 질에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Hyun-Su (Department of Nursing, KyungDong University)
- 김현수 (경동대학교 간호대학)
- Received : 2021.02.18
- Accepted : 2021.03.20
- Published : 2021.03.28
This study was conducted to identify the mental health and quality of life of cardiovascular disease patients by their activities restriction through the second analysis of the 7th KNHANES collected from 2016 to 2018. The subjects of this study were 521 adults with angina or myocardial infarction who had no missing variables among 24,269 subjects. The difference between mental health and quality of life according to the activity restriction was analyzed by Chi-square method and the effect of mental health and quality of life by activity restriction by Logistic regression method using the SAS 9.4 version. The results of the analysis showed that the stress level, the depression for the last two weeks and suicide thought level was high when there was activity restriction, which had a significant effect on mental health. Mobility, selfcare and usual activities were disrupted, and pain/inconvenience and anxiety/depression increased when there was activity restriction, which also showed a significant effect on quality of life. Therefore, it is suggested that the development and operation of effective physical activity promotion program to minimize activity restriction is necessary to improve mental health and quality of life of cardiovascular patients.
본 연구는 2016년~2018년도에 수집된 국민건강영양조사 7기 자료의 2차 분석을 통해 심혈관질환자의 활동 제한 여부에 의한 정신 건강과 삶의 질을 확인하였다. 연구대상자는 자료대상자 총 24,269명 중 협심증이나 심근경색 진단 병력이 있는 530명의 성인에서 변수의 누락이 없는 521명이다. SAS 9.4 version으로 활동 제한 유무에 따른 정신 건강과 삶의 질 차이를 Chi-square방법, 활동 제한에 의한 정신 건강과 삶의 질 영향을 Logistic regression 통계 방법으로 분석하였다. 분석 결과 활동 제한이 있을 때 스트레스 정도, 최근 2주간 우울감과 자살 생각 정도가 높아 정신 건강에 유의한 영향이 있었다. 활동 제한이 있을 때 운동능력, 자기관리, 일상활동에 더욱 지장이 있다고 느꼈고, 통증/불편감과 불안/우울감이 증가하여 삶의 질 역시 유의한 영향이 있었다. 따라서 심혈관질환자의 정신 건강 및 삶의 질 증진을 위해 활동 제한을 최소화할 수 있는 효과적인 신체 활동 증진프로그램의 개발 및 운영이 필요함을 제언한다.
- M. S. Oh. & M. H. Jeong. (2020). Sex Differences in Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors among Korean Adults. The Korean Association of Internal Medicin, 95(4), 266-275. DOI : 10.3904/kjm.2020.95.4.266
- Statistics Korea. (2015). Elderly statistics.
- R. Lozano, M. Naghavi, K. Foreman, S. Lim, K. Shibuya & V. Aboyans. (2012). Global and regional mortality from 235 causes of death for 20 age groups in 1990 and 2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. Lancet, 380(9859), 2095-2128. DOI : 10.1016/S0140-6736(12)61728-0
- A. J. Alves, J. L. Viana, S. L. Cavalcante, N. L. Oliveira, J. A. Duarte, J. Mota & F. Ribeiro. (2016). Physical activity in primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease: Overview updated. World journal of cardiology, 8(10), 575. DOI : 10.4330/wjc.v8.i10.575
- A. Gavazzi, R. Maria, L. Manzoli, P. Bocconcelli, A. D. Leonardo, M. Frigerio & F. Svanoni. (2015). Palliative needs for heart failure or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: results of a multicenter observational registry. International Journal of Cardiology, 184, 552-558. DOI : 10.1016/j.ijcard.2015.03.056
- D. Jalali, M. Abdolazimi, Z. Alaei & K. Solati. (2019). Effectiveness of mindfulness-based stress reduction program on quality of life in cardiovascular disease patients. IJC Heart & Vasculature, 23, 100356. DOI : 10.1016/j.ijcha.2019.100356
- D. J. Kim. (2017). Health Plan 2020: Promotion of Health Behaviors and Prevention of Chronic Diseases. Health and welfare policy forum, 246, 6-21.
- H. S. Kim. (2019). Convergence Analysis of Risk factors for Readmission in Cardiovascular Disease: A Machine Learning Approach. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 9(12), 115-123. DOI : 10.22156/CS4SMB.2019.9.12.115
- R. R. Baliga, G. W. Dec & J. Narula. (2013). Practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of systolic heart failure in low-and middle-income countries. Global heart, 8(2), 141-70. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gheart.2013.05.002
- S. H. Lee. (2013). Gender Difference in Influencing Factors on Health related Quality of Life among the Elderly in Community. The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 11(12), 523-535.
- K. E. Lee & E. H. Cho. (2016). Factors Influencing Health related Quality of Life in Patients with Hypertension: Based on the 5th Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. The Korea Contents Society, 16(5), 399-409. DOI : 10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.05.399
- D. Y. Lee & S. M. Nam. (2019). Effects of Activity Restriction on Depression and Quality of Life in Stroke Patients using Logistic Regression Analysis. Journal of the Korean Society of Physical Medicine, 14(4), 125-132. DOI : 10.13066/kspm.2019.14.4.125
- E. H. Jo & S. J. Lee. (2019). Determinants of Quality of Life, Depending on the Presence or Absence of Asthma in Adults, Based on the 6th Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, 13(3), 127-136. DOI : 10.12811/kshsm.2019.13.3.127
- H. K. Jin & H. J. Lee. (2016). The Effects of Reinforced Walking Exercise on Dyspnea-fatigue Symptoms, Daily Activities, Walking Ability, and Health related Quality of Life in Heart Failure Patients. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 28(3), 266-278. DOI : 10.7475/kjan.2016.28.3.266
- C. H. Park & S. N Lee. (2019). Effects of cognitive function on cardiovascular risk factors and daily living fitness of the elderly. The Korean Society of Sports Science, 28(2), 977-986.
- G. J. Baek & J. Y. Ha. (2020). Effects of Line Dance and Walking on Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Obese Older Women. Global Health Nurs, 10(1), 4-13.
- K. S. Park. (2020). Factors affecting awareness of myocardial infarction symptoms among the general public. Epidemiology and Health, 42, e2020032. DOI : 10.4178/epih.e2020032
- Y. J. Jee & K. N. Kim. (2018). Factors Affecting Quality of Life in Middle-Age Female Depressed Patients. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 8(9), 715-724.
- Y. R. Kim & M. H. Won. (2020). A Convergence Study of Factors Influencing on Depressive Symptoms in Postmenopausal Middle-Aged Women. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 10(4), 25-34. DOI : 10.22156/CS4SMB.2020.10.04.025
- M. H. Kang, (2020). A Study on Paid Work and the Interpersonal Relationships of the Poor Elderly: The Mediating Effect of Self-Efficacy. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 10(4), 115-123. DOI : 10.22156/CS4SMB.2020.10.04.115
- Y. Y. Chen, G. H. Wong, T. Y. Lum, V. W. Lou, A. H. Ho, H. Luo & T. L. Tong. (2016). Neighborhood support network, perceived proximity to community facilities and depressive symptoms among low socioeconomic status Chinese elders. Aging & Mental Health, 20(4), 423-431. https://doi.org/10.1080/13607863.2015.1018867
- H. Y. Choi & G. A. Lee. (2020). Factors Influencing Health-Related Quality of Life in the Korean Seniors with Lower Education Level: Focusing on Physical Activity Types. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 32(3), 292-304. DOI : 10.7475/kjan.2020.32.3.292
- M. G. Kwon. (2019). Factors Affecting Depression in Elderly According to Economic Activity. sia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 9(12), 485-495. https://doi.org/10.35873/ajmahs.2019.9.12.044
- M. Fransen, S. McConnell. (2009). Land-based exercise for osteoarthritis of the knee: a metaanalysis of randomized controlled trials. J Rheumatol, 36(6), 1109-1017. DOI : 10.3899/jrheum.090058
- M. J. Park. (2017). Effect of Latent Class Typologies of Social Activities on Depression among older adults: Comparison between poverty and non-poverty groups. Korean Journal of Gerontological Social Welfare, 72(2), 191-214. https://doi.org/10.21194/kjgsw.72.2.201706.191
- S. H. Choi. (2020). A Study on the Factors Influencing Life Satisfaction of the Elderly Living Alone in Urban Areas: Focused on Gender and Employment Status. Health and Social Welfare Review, 40(2), 244-282.