- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Convergence Relationship on Emotional labor, Resilience, and Clinical practice stress in dental hygiene students
치위생과 학생들의 감정노동, 회복탄력성 및 임상실습 스트레스와의 융합적 관계
- Lee, Mi-Ra (Department of Dental Hygiene, Baekseok Culture University)
- 이미라 (백석문화대학교 치위생과)
- Received : 2021.01.12
- Accepted : 2021.02.20
- Published : 2021.02.28
This study identified the correlation between emotional labor, resilience, and clinical practice stress in dental hygiene students and investigated the factors affecting clinical practice stress. The data collection was conducted on 165 students of Chungcheong Province who experienced clinical practice. Data were analyzed using the SPSS 18.0 statistics program. Significant negative correlation was found between emotional labor and resilience (r=-.257). And Significant positive correlation was found between clinical practice stress and emotional labor (r=.426). Factors related to clinical practice stress were emotional labor and major satisfaction. Therefore, it will be necessary to develop clinical practice education programs to reduce emotional labor experienced in clinical practice and improve resilience to reduce the stress of clinical practice for dental hygiene students.
- B. Y. Won, G. W. Jang, M. Y. Hwang & J. H. Jang. (2016). Analysis on the current status of clinical practice and training in dental hygiene students. Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 16(6), 993-1007. DOI : 10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.06.993 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.06.993
- I. S. Park & S. H. Lee. (2007). A study on the satisfaction of clinical training according to dental hygienist duties. Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, 7(4), 295-302.
- J. S. Yang. (2000). A study on the clinical practice satisfaction of dental hospital by dental hygiene students. Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, 24(3), 205-216.
- H. S. Shim & H. N. Lee. (2014). Stress and coping of dental hygiene students in clinical practice. Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 14(2), 139-145. DOI : 10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.02.139 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.02.139
- M. W. Kim. (2003). A study on the factors for stress in clinical practice among physical therapist students. The Res Dept. of physical therapy, Masan University, 6, 177-196.
- Y. O. Nam, J. H. Jang & S. S. Kim. (2002). Study on how to cope with stress and clinical practice when performing stress. Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 2(2), 145-158.
- S. J. Whang. (2006). The relationship between clinical stress, self-efficacy, and self-esteem of nursing college students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. 12(2), 205-213.
- Y. S. Lee, J. H. Jang & A. E. Moon. (2011). The effects of emotional labor and stress on job satisfaction in oral health professional. Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 11(5), 823-831.
- G. Msiska, P. Smith & T. Fawcett. (2014). Exposing emotional labour experienced by nursing students during their clinical learning experience: A Malawian perspective. International Journal of Africa Nursing Sciences. 1, 43-50. DOI : 10.1016/j.ijans.2014.07.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijans.2014.07.001
- Y. G. Noh. (2017). Influence of Social Support on the Relationship between Practice Stress, Emotional Labor and Burnout among Nursing Students, The Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 23(5), 461-470. DOI : 10.11111/jkana.2017.23.5.461 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2017.23.5.461
- B. M. Gillespie, W. Chaboyer, M. Wallis & P. Grimbeek. (2007). Resilience in the operating room: Developing and testing of a resilience model, Journal of advanced nursing, 59(4), 427-438. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2007.04340.x
- J. H. Kim. (2011). Resilience: pleasant secrets changing adversity into fortune (Korean). Koyang: Wisdomhouse; 17-255.
- J. W. Han. (2018). The effect of grit and resilience on the career adaptability of college students majoring in secretarial studies. Journal of Secretarial Studies, 27(4), 5-27. DOI : 10.35605/jss.2018.12.27.4.5 https://doi.org/10.35605/jss.2018.12.27.4.5
- J. A. Morris & D. C. Feldman. (1996). The dimensions, antecedents, and consequences of emotional labor. Academy of Management Review, 21(4), 986-1010. DOI : 10.2307/259161 https://doi.org/10.2307/259161
- J. H. Choi. (2018). Convergence factors of emotional labor of clinical practice and self-esteem on professional identity in some dental hygiene students. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(5), 99-104. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.5.099 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.5.099
- Y. H. Yang, E. M. Kim, M. Yu, S. M. Park & H. Y. Lee. (2015). Development of the Resilience Scale for Korean Nursing College Students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, 27(3), 337-346. DOI : 10.7475/kjan.2015.27.3.337 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2015.27.3.337
- D. Beck & R. Srivastava. (1991). Perceived level and sources of stress in baccalaureate nursing students. Journal of Nursing Education, 30(3), 127-133. https://doi.org/10.3928/0148-4834-19910301-08
- E. Y. Yeom. (2017). The Influence of Communication Competence, Nursing Professionalism, and Emotional Labor on Clinical Practice Stress among Nursing Students. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 17(4), 320-330. DOI :10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.04.320 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.04.320
- H. K. Lee. (2013). Relationship between self-leadership in clinical practice and stress. Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 13(5), 827-833. DOI : 10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.05.827. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.05.827
- Y. S. Im, J. H. Kim & H. J. Kwon. (2016). Relationships among bullying in workplace, burnout, and emotional intelligence of korean physician assistant nurses. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 16(2), 703-713. DOI : 10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.02.703 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.02.703
- M. H. Nam & M. R. Lee. (2016). The Effect of Emotional Labor of Clinical Practice, Self-esteem and Clinical Practice Satisfaction on Professional Identity in Nursing. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 22(4), 527-536. DOI : 10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.4.527 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.4.527
- M. H. Nam & H. O. Kim. (2016). Relation between clinical practice emotional labor, self esteem and major satisfaction of among nursing students. Journal of Digital Convergence,14(1), 263-273. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2016.14.1.263 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.1.263
- E. Y. Yeom. (2017). Awareness of Emotional Labor of Nursing College Students in Graduation Year. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 18(5), 177-189. DOI : 10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.5.177 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.5.177
- S. Y. Kang. (2019). The Impact of Nursing Students' Communication Competence, Resilience and Clinical Learning Environment on Emotional Labor. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 19(8), 181-198. DOI : 10.22251/jlcci.2019.19.8.181 https://doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2019.19.8.181
- M. J. Shin & Y. E Chun. (2018). Convergence among Resilience, Clinical Performance ability, Stress in Clinical Practice of Nursing Students. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(2), 19-32. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.2.019 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.2.019
- K. H. Baek & M. O. Cho. (2020). Effect of Grit and Resilience on Clinical Practice Adaptation of Nursing Students. Journal of Digital Convergence, 18(6), 363-371. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2020.18.6.363 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2020.18.6.363
- H. H. Min. (2016). Influencing Factors of stress in clinical practice in dental hygiene students. Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 17(1), 39-47. DOI :10.13065/jksdh.2017.17.01.39 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2017.17.01.39
- S. K. Kim & Y. S. Jung. (2010). Dental hygiene students' stress during clinical practices and stress coping styles. Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 10(5), 887-895.
- N. Y. Lee, S. H. Kim & Y, S. Kim. (2016). The Influence of Nursing Students' Emotional Labor, Clinical Practice Stress on Satisfaction of Clinical Practice. Journal of fisheries and marine sciences education, 28(3), 619-629. DOI : 10.13000/JFMSE.2016.28.3.619 https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2016.28.3.619
- E. K. Jung. (2016). Relationship between emotional labor and burnout among dental hygienists. Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 16(1), 53-59. DOI : 10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.01.53 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.01.53