- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Exploring the Online Learning Experience of College Students Majoring Physical Education in the COVID-19 Pandemic
코로나-19 팬데믹으로 인한 체육계열 대학생의 원격수업 학습경험 탐색
- Lee, Man-Gi (Department of Sports Health Care, Inje Universirty) ;
- Cho, Eunbyul (Department of Teacher Education, Korea Maritime & Ocean University) ;
- Lim, Hyosung (Department of Sport Industry, Busan University of Foreign Studies)
- Received : 2020.10.22
- Accepted : 2021.01.20
- Published : 2021.01.28
The study was conducted to examine the educational experiences and perceptions of college students in the field of physical education as they were taken remote classes in university due to the effects of the social collective infection caused by COVID-19. To achieve the purpose of the study, an online survey was conducted on 278 university students who major in physical education, and the survey questions include the status of remote classes, remote class recognition (preference, and satisfaction level). As for the analysis method, frequency analysis, response sample t-verification, ANOVA, and word-cradle were performed using SPSS 22.0 and R programs, and all significance levels were set at .05. The results from the above research process are as follows. First, in the types of remote classes in the sports category due to COVID-19, video types were used the most in both theoretical and practical classes, and the following was shown as assignment types. The third type was the voice record lecture type for theoretical classes, and the practical class was the video lecture scene. Second, in the remote class preference for the students, both theory and practical classes, video format were the most prefered, followed by video lecture scene and voice lecture type. Third, the analysis of the differences in satisfaction between theoretical and practical classes of the students showed that there was no difference in satisfaction according to the type of class.
이 연구는 코로나-19로 인한 대학 내 원격수업에 따른 체육계열 대학생의 교육경험과 인식을 확인하고자 수행되었다. 이러한 연구목적을 위해 체육계열 대학생 278명에게 온라인을 통해 원격수업 현황, 원격수업인식(선호도, 만족도)을 조사하였다. 분석방법으로는 SPSS 22.0과 R프로그램을 활용하여 빈도분석, 대응표본 t검증, ANOVA, 워드 클라우드 분석을 적용하였다. 상기한 연구과정을 통해 도출된 결과는 다음과 같다. 첫째, 코로나-19로 인한 체육계열 원격수업 유형에서는 이론 및 실기수업 모두 동영상형이 가장 많이 활용되었다. 둘째, 원격수업 유형의 선호도에서는 이론 및 실기수업 모두 동영상형이 가장 높게 나타났으며, 다음은 강의장면 촬영형, 음성강의형 순으로 나타났다. 셋째, 체육계열 대학생들의 원격수업에 있어 이론수업과 실기수업에 대한 만족도 차이를 분석한 결과 수업유형에 따른 만족도 차이는 없었다. 서술형 응답을 통해 과제의 적절한 활용 여부는 만족도에 영향을 미치는 요인임을 확인하였다. 결과를 반영하여 체육계열 원격수업의 방향과 향후 연구 문제를 제안하였다.
- Y. H. Han (2020, March 12). WHO, has finally declared a third 'Pandemics'..."COVID-19 can be controled." Korea JoongAng Daily. https://news.joins.com/article/23728084
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2020, March 28). Minister Park shares Korea's experiences in responding to quarantine measures at WHO. Retrieved from https://www.gov.kr/portal/ntnadmNews/2127904
- Ministry of Education (2020, March 02). Announcement of academic operation and support plan in education as response to COVID-19. Retrieved from https://www.moe.go.kr/boardCnts/view.do?boardID=294&boardSeq=79917&lev=0&m=02
- Ministry of Education (2020, March 27). Preparation of operating standards for systematic remote classes. Retrieved from https://www.moe.go.kr/boardCnts/view.do?boardID=294&boardSeq=80131&lev=0&m=02
- M. Y. Choi (2020, March 17). Online classes in the university: The future forwarded through COVID-19. HanKyoreh. http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/economy/it/932957.html
- R. W. Jung (2020, March 16). Server of the online lecture at the university collapse on the first day of school. Yonhap News Agency. https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20200316082451004?input=1195m
- T. Kang (2020, February 13). Controversy over the effectiveness of 'Online Lecture' measures to delay the opening of the university during the Corona-19. Veritas α. https://www.veritas-a.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=312939
- J. Park (2020). A study on the online education of university promoted by Corona 19. Journal of the KSME, 60(7), 32-36.
- D. Y. Lee & M. Kim (2020). University students' perceptions on the practices of online learning in the COVID-19 situation and future directions. Multimedia-Assisted Language Learning, 23(3), 359-377. DOI : 10.15702/mall.2020.23.3.359
- J. Park (2020). The reality and problems of non-face-to-face instruction according to the COVID-19 situation from the perspective of college students with disabilities. Special Education Research, 19(3), 31-53. DOI : 10.18541/ser.2020.08.19.3.31
- Y. Lee, Y. Park, & J. Yun (2020). Exploring the "Types" through case analysis on operation of distance education in universities responding to COVID-19. The Journal of Yeolin Education, 28(3), 211-234. DOI : 10.18230/tjye.2020.28.3.211
C. Jeong & J. Yun (2020). Online real-time lecture operation examples and traning effects: Focusing on the case of
at Korea University. Korean Journal of Converging Humanities, 8(3), 159-179. DOI : https://doi.org/10.14729/converging.k.2020.8.3.159
- Y. Lee (2020). A study on the correlation of between online learning patterns and learning effects in the non-face-to-face learning environment. Korea Academy Industrial Cooperation Society, 21(8), 557-562. DOI : 10.5762/KAIS.2020.21.8.557
- I. J. Bang (2020). Narratives on university professor's experience in online lecture. Journal of Narrative and Educational Research, 8(2), 203-232. DOI : https://doi.org/10.25051/jner080209
- H. Jung & J. Yoon (2020). A survey research of student's perception of Korean language online video lecture. The Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences 21, 11(3), 1305-1318. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.22143/HSS18.104.22.168
- H. Jung (2020). College student's satisfaction with the overall implementation of online classes and testing during the Corona 19 pandemic. Multimedia-Assisted Language Learning, 23(3), 392-412. DOI : 10.15702/mall.2020.23.3.392
- H. Suh (2020). A study on the effect of proportional logit model on satisfaction of uncontacted lectures. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 22(4), 1371-1382. DOI : https://doi.org/10.37727/jkdas.2020.22.4.1371
- C. U. Nam & Y. T. Lee (2020). Engineering Education in the Post Corona: A Mid-Short Term Plan for Engineering Education in the Great Transition at the post Corona Education. Ingenium, 27(2), 31-33.
- E. J. Lee (2020). Ways to revitalize education linking school and art museum in the Post-Corona and digital media era. Journal of Art Education, 62, 203-225. DOI : 10.35657/jae.2020.62..008
- K. H. Lim (2020). Revitalizing educational engineering using online platform on Post-Corona era. Journal of the KSME, 60(7), 26-31.
- S. Kim & Y. Moon (2020). Arts education in preparation for post-COVID-19: A study on body-based Eduction in the untact era. The Korean Journal of Dance, 78(3), 87-100. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.21317/ksd.78.3.5
- Y. Lee. (2020). The reason for education in the Post-Corona era. Monthly Public Policy, 178, 26-29.
- E. Lee, S. Zae, & H. Youn (2020). Exploring the difficulties and strategies of practicing online classes experienced by high school veteran physical education teachers in the Corona19 Pandemic. Korean Association for Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 20(14), 339-362. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2020.20.14.339
- S. H. Kim & S. M. Cheon (2020). A case study of online class operation and instructor's difficulties in physical education as a liberal arts in university due to COVID-19. Korean Society of sport and leisure studies, 81, 9-26. https://doi.org/10.51979/KSSLS.2020.07.81.9
- S. Kim (2020). A analysis on the online physical education during COVID 19 pandemic. The Korean Journal of Elementary Physical Education, 26(2), 145-158. DOI : https://doi.org/10.26844/ksepe.2020.26.2.145
- D. H. Schunk, J. R. Meece, & P. R. Pintrich (2012). Motivation in education: Theory, research, and applications. NJ: Pearson Education.