- Volume 12 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Organizational Culture and Job Environment Characteristics Perceived by Organization Members on Job Satisfaction
- Kim, Moon Jun (KNU Corporate Management Institute, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2020.09.08
- Accepted : 2020.09.19
- Published : 2020.11.30
We study empirically analyzed the final 216 copies of the responses from SME organization members in Seoul and Gyeonggi regions using statistical programs of SPSS24.0 and AMOS 24.0. In other words, the effect of job satisfaction on the organizational culture and job environment characteristics perceived by members of the organization, and the relationship between job satisfaction and job performance is shown as follows. First, the organizational culture of consensus, development, hierarchy, and rationality was statistically significant in job satisfaction. Therefore, the hypothetical one-man organizational culture was adopted by showing a positive (+) effect on job satisfaction. Second, job environment characteristics such as autonomy in job performance, compensation system, physical environment, and human environment had a positive effect on job satisfaction. That is, the job environment characteristics of hypothesis 2 were adopted as a positive (+) influence relationship on organizational satisfaction. Third, job satisfaction was expressed as a positive (+) influence relationship with job performance, so hypothesis 3 was adopted. As a result of this study, the higher the organizational member's perception of organizational culture and job environment characteristics is, the higher the job satisfaction is, and the improvement in job satisfaction is meaningful in that it provides theoretical and practical implications that indicate job performance.
- Moon-Jun Kim and No-Sa Kim, "A Study on Organizational Culture and Organizational Justice Affecting Innovative Behavior," Korean Review of Corporation Management, Vol. 10 No. 1, pp.199-230. Feb 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.20434/KRICM.2019.02.10.1.199 https://doi.org/10.20434/KRICM.2019.02.10.1.199
- Schein, E. H. Process Consultation. Vol. 1 Revised. Reading, Ma.: Addison-Wesley, 1988.
- Ho-Gyu Cho, Moon-Jun Kim and Jin-kyung Kim, "A study on ways to revitalize organizational culture: Focusing on A company," Industry Promotion Research. Vol.5 No.3 pp.81-88, Jul 2020. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21186/IPR.2020.5.3.081 https://doi.org/10.21186/IPR.2020.5.3.081
- Wright, P. M. & J. J. Haggerty, "Missing Variables in Theories of Strategic Human Resource Management: Time, Cause, and Individuals," NY: Cornell University, School of Industrial and Labor Relations, Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies, 2005. DOI: 10.5771/0935-9915-2005-2-164Corpus ID: 8753814
- DeStefano, T. J., C. Henry, G. Megan, & P. Thomas, "The Relationship between Work Environment Factors and Job Satisfaction among Rural Behavioral Health Professionals," Journal of Rural Mental Health, Vol.30, pp.18-24. 2005.
- Eun Jin Bae, "A Study on the Effects of Job Characteristic, Work Environment and Organizational Culture on Life Satisfaction via Job Satisfaction : Focusing on Women Office Workers," Department of Business Administration, The Graduate School, Pukyong National University, 2020.
- Baik Young-tae and Park Chang-mo, "The Structural Relationships among Psychological Impowerment, Job Satisfaction, and Work Engagement in National Performing Arts Company," The Korean Journal of Arts Education, Vol.18 No.1 pp. 15-28, 2020.
- Gary Hamel, "The Future of Management," Human Resource Management International Digest, 29 August 2008
- Greenwald, A. G., Smith, C. T., Sriram, N., Bar-Anan, Y., & Nosek, B. A, "Implicit race attitudes predicted vote in the 2008 U.S. Presidential election," Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy (ASAP), Vol.9, No.9. pp. 241-253. 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1530-2415.2009.01195.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1530-2415.2009.01195.x
- Kim, Moon-Jun, "The Effects of Organizational Culture Recognized by Constituent Individual of Organization on Organizational Achievement: Centered on Seoul and Gyeonggi Areas," Korean Management Consulting Review, Vol.16 No.1. pp. 17-34. Feb 2016. https://www.earticle.net/Article/A283545
- Quinn, R. E. and M. R. McGrath, "The Transformation of Organizational Cultures: A Competing Values Perspective," Beverly Hills, CA: Sage, pp. 315-334.
- Luthans, F, "Organizational Behavior, 8th Edition," McGraw-Hill/Irwin, Boston, pp.147
- Kim, Kang Hee, "The Effects of Working Environment and Self-efficacy on Job Satisfaction of Vocational rehabilitation workers for the Handicapped, Department of Social Welfare The Graduate School Seoul Christian University. 2016.
- Mok, Young-gil, "Impact of social workers' ethical sensitivity on the job satisfaction -Focusing on mediating effect of job environment and job enthusiasm," Social Welfare Department of Graduate School Hanyoung Theological University Seoul, Korea. 2016.
- Netermeyer, R. G. & J. G. Maxham III, "Employee Versus Supervisor Ratings of Performance in the Retail Customer Service Sector: Differences in Predictive Validity for Customer Outcomes," Journal of Retailing, Vol 83 No1, pp.131-145. Dec 2007. DOI: 10.1016/j.jretai.2006.10.009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretai.2006.10.009
- Moon-Kyu Kim, "Effect of social capital on job satisfaction, leisure satisfaction, and life satisfaction : focused on senior citizens employed by aged occupation institution," Department of Business Administration Major of Tourism Management The Graduate School of Woosong University, 2015. http://www.ktra.or.kr. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21298/IJTHR.2020.2.34.2.159
- Rasha, A. S., A. R. Wafa, and T. K. Rawan (2015), "The Effect of Job Satisfaction and Work Engagement on Organizational Commitment," The IUP Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.14 No.4, pp.7-27, 2015. DOI: 10.4172/2155-9600.S5-004 https://doi.org/10.4172/2155-9600.S5-004
- ROBERT P. TETT JOHN P. MEYER, "JOB SATISFACTION, ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT, TURNOVER INTENTION, AND TURNOVER: PATH ANALYSES BASED ON META-ANALYTIC FINDINGS," PERSONNEL PSYCHOLOGY, Vol.46 No.2, pp.259-293, 1993. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1993.tb00874. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1993.tb00874
- Moon Jun Kim, "The Effect of Corporate Social Responsibility Activities on Organizational Trust and Job performance," International Journal of Advanced Culture Technology, Vol.8 No.3, pp.114-122, Sep 2020. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17703/IJACT.2020.8.3.114 https://doi.org/10.17703/IJACT.2020.8.3.114
- Hopkins, D. "A Teacher's Guide to Classroom Research," Maidenhood, Open University Press, 2002.
- Author links open overlay panelChee W.ChowMichael D.ShieldsYoke KaiChan, "The effects of management controls and national culture on manufacturing performance: An experimental investigation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 209-226. 1991, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0361-3682(91)90001-U https://doi.org/10.1016/0361-3682(91)90001-U
- Jo M. L. van Engelen,Derk Jan Kiewiet &Pieter Terlouw, "Improving Performance of Product Development Teams through Managing Polarity," International Studies of Management & Organization, Vol. 31 No. 1, pp. 46-63. 2001. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/00208825.2001.11656807 https://doi.org/10.1080/00208825.2001.11656807
- Deutschman, M. T., "An Ethnographic Study of Nursing Home Culture to Define Organizational Realities of Culture Change," Journal of Health and Human Services Administration, Vol 28 No 2, pp. 246-281. Fall 2005. https://www.jstor.org/stable/41288066.
- Leen, Jae-Mahn, "An empirical study on the effects of organizational culture and organizational justice of electric power public enterprise on job satisfaction : focusing on mediating effects of trust in the leader," Department of Venture Management, The Graduate School of Venture Hoseo University, Seoul, Korea.
- Stinglhamber, F. & C. Vandenberghe, "Favorable Job Conditions and Perceived Support: The Role of Organizations and Supervisors," Journal of Applied Social Psychology, Vol 37 No 7, pp. 1470-1493. July 2006. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.2004.tb02015.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.2004.tb02015.x
- Lee, Sei Ha, "The Effects of Job Environmental Factors on the Job Satisfaction and Job Performance of Public Social Workers: Focused on the Mediating and Moderating Effects of Perceived Organizational Support," Department of social Welfare Graduate School Cheong ju Universit. 2013.
- SoonWoo Park, YeonSil Park and WookHyun Baek,"A Study of the Job characteristics and Job Satisfaction of WeeProject Workers," Journal of Critical Social Welfare, Vol 58, pp. 95-121. Feb 2018. DOI : 10.47042/ACSW.2018.02.58.95 https://doi.org/10.47042/ACSW.2018.02.58.95
- J.Akkermansa, W.B.Schaufelia, V.Brenninkmeijera, R.W.B.Blonkab, "The role of career competencies in the Job Demands: Resources model," Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol 83 No 3, pp. 356-366, Dec 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvb.2013.06.011 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvb.2013.06.011
- Lasse Steiner & Lucian Schneider, "The happy artist: an empirical application of the work-preference model," Journal of Cultural Economics, Vol 37, pp.225-246, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10824-012-9179-1
- Simone Willis, Rich Neil, Mikel Charles Mellick and David Wasley, "The Relationship Between Occupational Demands and Well-Being of Performing Artists: A Systematic Review," SYSTEMATIC REVIEW ARTICLE, Frontiers in psychology, March 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2019.00393 https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2019.00393