- Volume 10 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Case Study of Faculty Advisor's non Face-to-face Counseling during Coronavirus Incubation Period - SNS Counseling Applied Photovoice-
코로나19로 인한 지도교수의 비대면 상담 사례 연구 - 포토보이스 기법을 활용한 SNS 상담을 중심으로-
- Kwak, Huyn-Joo (Department of Early Childhood Education, Baewha Women's University) ;
- Koh, Eun-Hyeon (Department of Early Childhood Education, Baewha Women's University)
- Received : 2020.09.18
- Accepted : 2020.11.20
- Published : 2020.11.28
Due to Corona 19, non-face-to-face education was conducted at general universities, so it was necessary to conduct non-face-to-face faculty advisor counseling. SNS counseling using photovoices was conducted in the 6th session and FGI for 10, 3rd graders in the early childhood education department of a college in the metropolitan area. The results of the study analyzing students' perceptions of the counseling and content of the counseling are as follows. First, the research participants positively recognized the SNS counseling that applied the photovoice technique. Second, they gradually adapted to non-face-to-face daily life and learning and evaluated the positive aspects, but they complained of fear in career and employment. A non-face-to-face counseling strategy and follow-up studies were proposed through this case study.
코로나19로 인해 일반대학에서 비대면 교육이 진행되어 상담도 비대면으로 진행할 필요가 있었다. 이 연구는 학생들이 생각과 경험을 잘 표현하는 사진과 찍고, 자신의 생각을 글로 정리하는 포토보이스 방법과 SNS 소통 방법을 혼합한 상담을 시행한 사례 분석으로 비대면 교육상황에서 지도교수의 상담 방향을 제시하는 데 의미가 있다. 포토보이스를 활용한 SNS 상담을 수도권 전문대학 유아교육과 3학년 10명을 대상으로 6회기 상담 및 FGI를 실시하였다. 학생의 상담에 대한 인식과 상담내용을 분석한 연구 결과는 다음과 같다. 첫째, 연구참여자들은 포토보이스 기법을 적용한 SNS 상담에 대해 긍정적으로 인식하였다. 둘째, 비대면 일상과 학업에 대해 점차 적응하고 긍정적 측면을 평가하였으나, 진로 및 취업에서는 두려움을 호소하였다. 본 사례 연구를 통한 비대면 상담 전략과 후속 연구를 제안하였다.
- K. H. Seo. (2004). The perspectives and conceptions about good instructional practice: An interview study of teachers and students. The Journal of Curriculum Studies, 22(4), 165-187.
- R. C. Pianta, M. S. Steinberg & K. B. Rollins. (1995). The first two years of school: Teacher-child relationships and deflections in children's classroom adjustment. Development and Psychopathology, 7(2), 295-312. DOI : 10.1017/S0954579400006519 https://doi.org/10.1017/S0954579400006519
- J. B. Kim & H. J. Tak. (2011). The Relationship between Teacher's Perception of Multicultural Education and School Adjustment for Students from Multicultural Family: Mediating Roles of Student-Teacher Relationship. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, 18(10), 161-185.
- S. R. Hong. (2011). Perceptions of the Self-Efficacy of Youth and Subjective Quality of Life. Journal of Korean Home Management Association 29(6), 71-87. DOI : 10.7466/JKHMA.2011.29.6.071 https://doi.org/10.7466/JKHMA.2011.29.6.071
- D. I. Kim & T. S. Kim. (2002). Facilitating character education in college of education: With special regard to faculty advisors. The collection of treatises, Seoul National University College of Education, 65, 1-28.
- J. Y. Jung. (2013). Analysis of the Causal Model between School Life Satisfaction and Counseling. Korean Education Inquiry, 31(4), 95-114.
- A. W. Austin. (1993). What matters in college: Four critical years revisited. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- H. Y. Kang & J. K. Lee. (2007). A study on guide-book of counseling for learning, employment, and career guidance, Koreatech University Engineering Education Innovation Center, Research Report.
- S. Y. Jang, Y. S. Jeong, A. R. Jo & J. B. Lee. (2014). The development of Student's career guidance for professor, Korea Employment Information Service, Research Report.
- H. Y. Kang. (2016). Research Trends on Counseling by Teacher and Professor: Focused on the Last 10 Years(2006-2015). Journal of Practical Engineering Education, 8(2), 137-146. DOI : 10.14702/JPEE.2016.137 https://doi.org/10.14702/JPEE.2016.137
- J. Fromm &. A. Read. (2018). Marketing to Gen Z : the rules for reaching this vast and very different generation of influencers. AMACOM.
- C. Wang. (1999). Photovoice: A participatory action research strategy applied to women's health. Journal of Women's Health, 8(2), 185-192. DOI : 10.1089/jwh.1999.8.185 https://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.1999.8.185
- Y. C. Kim & H. C. Lee. (2017). Qualitative research 15 approaches. Paju: Academypress.
- J. Kim & Y. Heo. (2019). Exploratory Study on the Everyday Life and Growth Experiences of Special Education Teachers: Using Photovoice Methodology. Korean Journal of Physical, Multiple & Health Disabilities, 62(3), 127-150. https://doi.org/10.20971/kcpmd.2019.62.3.127
- S. L. K. Kim, & B. Kim. (2017). Exploration of the meaning and factors affecting the mental health perceived by university students utilizing photovoice methodology. Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, 34(1), 77-90. DOI : 10.14367/kjhep.2017.34.1.77 https://doi.org/10.14367/kjhep.2017.34.1.77
- Y. S. Iim. (2018). Anxiety Experiences in the Youth through the Gaze of University Students-An Exploratory, Study Using Photovoice-. Journal of Democracy and Human Rights, 18(1), 105-152.
- Veritas. (2020). What is the biggest stressful situation you are experiencing from Corona 19? retrived from http://www.veritas-a.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=321486 (2020.04.28.)
- V. Braun & V. Clarke. (2006). Using thematic analysis in psychology. Qualitative Research in Psychology, 3(2), 77-101. https://doi.org/10.1191/1478088706qp063oa
- G. E. Guba & Y. S. Lincoln. (1989). Fourth generation evaluation. Newbury Park, CA: SAGE Publications.
- B. Han, S. Jang, M. Kim & D. Jeong. (2019). Development of call phobia scale for university students. presented at 73rd annual conference of Korean psychological association.
- M. Lombardo, & R. W. Eichinger. (2000). High potentials as high learners. Human Resource Management, 39(4), 321-330. DOI : 10.1002/1099-050X(200024)39:4<321::AID-HRM4>3.0.CO;2-1 https://doi.org/10.1002/1099-050X(200024)39:4<321::AID-HRM4>3.0.CO;2-1