- Volume 8 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Leisure Activities on School Life Satisfaction in Teenagers -The Intermediation Effect of Happiness and Life Satisfaction-
- Jung, Seon-Jin (College of liberal and convergence, Honam University)
- Received : 2020.08.25
- Accepted : 2020.09.28
- Published : 2020.09.30
This study analyzed the impact of leisure activities on school life satisfaction in the cultural rights and self-determination of teenagers who spend most of their time in school in the college entrance exam-oriented climate, and examined the effects of happiness and life satisfaction on the school life satisfaction through a process macro applying Bias Corrected Bootstrapping in these relationships. For research purposes, 2,590 cohorts in the first year of the 2018 Korea Children and Youth Panel Survey were analyzed through process macros. The result was that leisure life had a significant effect on school life satisfaction. It was also found that happiness and satisfaction in life affect satisfaction, and happiness and satisfaction in life affect satisfaction in school life and serve as a medium. This study confirmed that teenagers' participation in leisure activities greatly affects school life satisfaction and that happiness and life satisfaction have a mediating effect on school life satisfaction. In addition, we could recognize the importance of leisure activities to the satisfaction of school life of teenagers, and find it necessary to develop and provide various program graphs of schools and communities for happiness and satisfaction in life. This study verified that the participation of leisure activities of adolescents has a significant effect on school life satisfaction, and that happiness and life satisfaction have a mediating effect on school life satisfaction. In addition, we could recognize the importance of leisure activities to the satisfaction of school life of teenagers, and find it necessary to develop and provide various program graphs of schools and communities for happiness and satisfaction in life. Therefore, this research is believed to be possible to contribute to academic and practical programs for youth leisure activities and school life relationships, and to make policy suggestions for the development and participation of various leisure activities in order to fully enjoy and protect youth's rights to culture and self-determination of leisure activities.
- Erikson, E.H, "Identity; Youth and Crisis", New York: W/W. Norton, 1968.
- Park Jin-hwa, "The Effect of Youth Participation in Experiential Activities on School Adjustment: The Mediating Effect of Life Satisfaction," A Study on Youth Activities in Korea, Vol.11, No. 1, pp. 29-50, 2017
- Lee Me-Eun and Ahn Kwon Soon, "The Effect of 5-day Weekly Classes on Youth Leisure Activities by A Study," On Youth Studies, Vol.17, No. 12, pp 309-341, 2010.
- Ji Myung-won and Cho Tae-young, "The Effect of Leisure Activities on Leisure Satisfaction and Quality of Life of Self-esteem of Adolescents," Tourism research, Vol.36, No. 6, pp 145-165, 2012.
- Diener, E., and Diener, M, "Cross-cultural Correlates of Lift Satisfaction and Self-esteem," Jounal of Personality and Social Psychoogy, Vol. 68, No. 4, pp 653-663, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2063
- Diener, E., and Fujita, F, "Life Satisfac Set Point; Stability and Change," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 88, No.1, pp 158-164, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.11
- Kelly, J. R, "Leisure Identities and Interactions," London, UK: Allen and Unwin, 1983.
- Winefield, A. H., Tiggemann, M., Winefield. H. R. and Goldney R.D, "Growing up with Unemployment; Longitudinal Study of Its Psychological Impact," Journal of Sociology, Vol. 45, No.4, pp 712, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/591904
- Go, han-doo and Ham Seok-jong, "The Effect of Early Adolescents' Participation in Leisure Activities on School Adjustment -Focused on the Mediating Effect of Self-esteem and Life Satisfaction," Korean food service industry journal, Vol.15, No. 4, pp 19-34, 2019.
- Lee Yu-jin and Hwang Sun-hwan, "Determinants of Quality of Life According to Youth's Leisure Participation and Ability of Life," Korean fusion science journal, Vol.8, No. 3, pp 57-74, 2019. https://doi.org/10.24826/KSCS.8.3.4
- Lee Yu-jin and Hwang Sun-hwan, "The Effect of Leisure Time on Happiness in Adolescents," Korean journal of leisure and recreation, Vol.43, No. 4, pp 47-57, 2019. http://dx.doi.org/10.26446/kjlrp.2019.12.43.4.47